ABC news

pamrose228

So they won't return until Tuesday. Food is not an issue since they can restock in Cozumel. What about air travel. What about the next cruise? A 7 nighter is turning into an 11 nighter. Does one have to pay grats for the extra days. Oy vey what a mess

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So they won't return until Tuesday. Food is not an issue since they can restock in Cozumel.

New Orleans, actually.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

New Orleans, actually.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

According to Carnival, the Freedom and Valor will dock in New Orleans and allow passengers to debark if they wish. The Breeze will overnight in Cozumel and head toward Galveston on Saturday.

So they won't return until Tuesday. Food is not an issue since they can restock in Cozumel. What about air travel. What about the next cruise? A 7 nighter is turning into an 11 nighter. Does one have to pay grats for the extra days. Oy vey what a mess

What about the people in Rockport TX that are about to loose their houses when a Cat 4 hurricane hits. A little perspective please

Perspective I live in NYC during Sandy and Irene. Lost a lot but are prepared for it. Being on a rocking cruise ship during a cat 4 listing from side to side is scarier.

That's a rather interesting perspective. Firstly, I'm quite sure none of the affected ships are IN the hurricane. Secondly, I would think it would be preferable to be on a cruise that was extended because of a closed port than to have a home and family in an area directly hit by a hurricane. But that's just me.

What about the people in Rockport TX that are about to loose their houses when a Cat 4 hurricane hits. A little perspective please

And what about terrorists running amok through Europe? This board isn't about them, or loose houses in Rockport TX. It's about cruising. There's your perspective.

During Sandy on NCL we were denied NYC, spent Halloween in Boston, got 4 extra cruise days at no charge and Second City, the comedian and the bands all did extra shows. The next 9 day cruise was shortened to 5 days and went to Bermuda. People on our cruise in inside cabins were allowed to stay on for $100 each, which included port fees. Most had enough, some had gotten off two days earlier in Boston, rented cars to drive to NYC, and could not buy gas. Ever since we have enjoyed cruising in hurricane season.

They will keep the passengers safe at sea. When they finally debark they might find their cars have been flooded.

I also sympathize with people scheduled to embark this weekend.

Hope everyone stays safe.

Well said above. We feel the same.

T&P to ALL dealing with Harvey.

Feel sorry for those affected. Hope Harvey doesn't cause much damage.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are watching TV this storm is going to be devastating, Cat 4 think Katrina. they are telling the fools that did not evacuate to write their social security number and name on their arm so when they find them they will know who they are. Prayers are out there

That makes no sense

First no one knows when this storm will end moving very slow.

I'm sure all hotels have been evacuated where are next cruisers to go and the most important who in the universe would be in an area that has been deemed very unsafe. The next group of cruisers. Nope. If this hits as hard as projected maybe next weekend CCL will be back on track

I think calling them stranded is a bit of a stretch. Robinson Caruso was stranded. These people are on a luxury liner with entertainment, unlimited booze food and a dry place to sleep. They are not spinning around in the eye of the hurricane. They are a safe distance away waiting for things to calm down.

I'm confused. Just a few hours ago Carnival publicly announced they would be docking in Galveston on Sunday.

Why is Carnival being so PC instead of realistically addressing the facts?

What's confusing? They said the ships will be outside galveston to take advantage of any porting options on Sunday evening or Monday. If you wish to cancel your cruise that was suppose to depart this weekend you can for future credit.

I'm confused. Just a few hours ago Carnival publicly announced they would be docking in Galveston on Sunday.
What's confusing?
There is a difference between what Carnival had announced and what other people are saying that they think it means. When people report the latter without admitting that it is their own projection, that's confusing.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

The current, official word from Carnival includes: "Our intention is to be in position to take advantage of any docking opportunity that may become available in Galveston late Sunday evening or Monday."

The current official word from Royal Caribbean includes: "At this time,*Liberty of the Seas*will keep her original schedule for Sunday’s turnaround in Galveston, Texas."

The current official word from Peter Simons, interim director for the Port of Galveston, includes: "Depending on the weather, we may be able to bring some ships in on Sunday."

That doesn't mean that it'll happen. It means that it is too soon to say one way or the other, the desire to have immediate answers notwithstanding.

Edited by bUU

Just go to Carnival web it states clearly what their intentions are. No speculations!

The only speculation is will the next cruise turn into a 4 or 5 day or 11 day. Although the web did say those embarking will be pro-rated days missed, etc.

Just go to Carnival web it states clearly what their intentions are. No speculations!
Going to the source! Imagine that!

The only speculation is will the next cruise turn into a 4 or 5 day or 11 day. Although the web did say those embarking will be pro-rated days missed, etc.
I don't see anything indicating that they'll cancel the cruise-after-next to make the next cruise longer. Whatever impact this has on the ships will be borne by the cruises scheduled to embark this weekend.