LIVE!! FROM THE EQUINOX PRESIDENT's Cruise August 27th, 2017 - ChicagoPaul

chicagopaul

Check in was a breeze with no issues. No waiting in line and we had our cards in a matter of moments. Our check in person was by the far the quickest we've had of any cruise. It's 10:45 now. They're lining up suites and zenith and then us in concierge to board. Should be on the ship soon.

d55e8022ebf30fb7a5bb9cd37bce8b63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a033dfcff05b6d93eee8680e6bb4a004.jpg

First martini of the cruise.

ffa894cff6b78cceb98ae95f72fbbc29.jpg

We've already made our dinner reservations with our package. 5 nights Murano, 2 Tuscan, 1 Silk Harvest.

Who is bartending? Is Putu Jonie there? If so, please tell him Debby says hi and I will see him in a couple of weeks! 😜

From Chicagoan to another- have fun!

Looking forward to any info on Edge Class. Hopefully.

The one President's cruise we took was our very first cruise on 2004. It was on the Constellation when she sailed out of San Juan. We were so excited about being on a cruise ship we have no idea if there was a different "feel" to the cruise or not. It apparently was a special cruise as they were kicking off the cirque du soleil show and the ceo of Celebrity and the Cirque show were on board. We recall staff were really on their toes, making comments about the upper level leadership being on board. Enjoy and let us know how it goes!

Cheers Cruise Critic! I hope everyone has been well as it has been a few months since we have been active on here. I will be "live blogging" from our upcoming cruise on August 27th, 8nt President's cruise on the Equinox. While this will be our 12th Celebrity cruise, and 10th on a S-Class ship this will be our first time on the Equinox. While it is similar to others we are excited to check it out. Most importantly, however, we are looking forward to seeing what a "President's Cruise" is like as this will be our first!

For those of you who are not familiar with me, my name is Paul and I am from Chicago (as if you couldn't tell from my username). My partner is Edward. We're in our early 30s and in the past few years we've been cruising a few times a year (roughly 30 days or so a year). We're loyal to Celebrity so we can be a little biased at times but we will do our best to be objective.

We leave early tomorrow (Saturday) morning flying Southwest into FLL and then a cab to Miami. We're staying at the JW Marriott so we will be be close to the port.

My Blog Plan

I've written a few live blogs in the past and I'd like to think that each time I write one I get a little better. It is difficult, however, to keep up with the blog as you get into the cruise, have too much fun, and drink too much :o but I will do my best. My plan is to post at least 10 photos a day to either recap the previous day or post as the day goes along. I've learned this from a few professional travel bloggers and I think it is a good way to give a minimum amount of content. One thing I will post every day first thing in the morning, will be photos of that day's Daily.

As I take photos I'll likely be posting them instantly to Instagram so if you're on there, feel free to follow along. My instagram handle is PaulKBlackburn (my full name). If you see an instagram profile main photo of a very good looking guy in a suit ;p and lots of martini pictures in the profile, then that is me!

Questions!!!!! Ask Away!

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like. I will do my best to figure out the answer and if you post the question I guarantee you I'll see it. I'll be checking the blog regularly as I'm laying by the pool or drinking at the bar.

Here is a link to a quick video I posted this afternoon basically explaining the above. If you happen to be on this cruise please stop by and say hi! We usually don't go to a lot of the CC events on the ship but will try to make it to the Sail Away and I'll always be at the Martini Bar in the evening.

Lastly, for any of you in the path of hurricane Harvey I wish you all the best. Stay safe!!!

Enjoy your cruise!!! Looking forward to your reviews!!! Love Celebrity.

Milton also calls himself the doctor with the "medicine!"

Love him! Can you find out how long he will be on Equinox? We're sailing Oct 16 and if he's on then, that would be our 3rd sailing with him.

Looking forward to your review and enjoy the cruise!

Tammy

Edited by scottam

Milton also calls himself the doctor with the "medicine!"

Love him! Can you find out how long he will be on Equinox? We're sailing Oct 16 and if he's on then, that would be our 3rd sailing with him.

Looking forward to your review and enjoy the cruise!

Tammy

Hey Tammy. I'll confirm but he still should be here. He's only 5 weeks into his contract. He had a 10 week vacation before starting here.

Thanks Paul for the link to the video. Very informative. We are sailing the Equinox in 7 weeks. I am short, don't think I could even reach the storage space above the bed, even on tippy toes, so it was good to see drawer space in the desk cabinet. Nice also to see lots of storage in bathroom.

Following along.

So in our room was a survey. A survey you will all LOVE. What is it about? Well it is about the website!!! So before I fill it out I want to hear some creative responses and one liners from you all haha!

d6ca9ec9708b2241addb3b59f984cb95.jpg

09a9331b4d403e9e9a2e09c22915e5bb.jpg

When we got to our room we had our usual concierge snacks but these seemed better. For one there was a deviled egg which in my opinion is a lost art. I love seeing them on the menu at an old school bar. But take a look at what looks like large chickpeas. Those are scallops. They've definitely stepped it up for this cruise!

bc0e302893391d314ed95c181e322677.jpg

Can everyone PLEASE stop quoting the OP. It is very difficult to navigate on an iphone when you do this. We know you are speaking to the OP. Thank you soooo much.

Hear hear! So frustrating on many threads to have to scroll past multiple photos multiple times

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

ONE deviled egg? So many times there have been ONE thing, but if it's good, I don't want to share!

I grew up with six siblings and still live by the adage that the early bird gets the worm or you snooze you lose? :')

Still, have to agree, these offerings look leaps ahead of what I've seen previously posted!