LIVE!! FROM THE EQUINOX PRESIDENT's Cruise August 27th, 2017 - ChicagoPaul

chicagopaul

Paul - After watching your wonderful Martini Bar video, you confirmed for me that it was indeed "my" Agus!! I so hope he will still be onboard on November 6th. We used to chant Ah-goose, Ah-goose! Also, I think I saw another of "my" old bartenders in the video - Imadi by any chance?

Thanks so much for keeping us entertained!

Yes, there was! You would have fit right in. As a matter of fact we sat next to a wonderful couple, Shari and Jeff and ended up meeting them at the Martini Bar each night.

Awesome. Going to watch for this on our Jan cruise!

I'm still waiting for the whiskey and bacon event to come back! ;)

Thanks!!!

Save

Awesome. Going to watch for this on our Jan cruise!

I'm still waiting for the whiskey and bacon event to come back! ;)

Thanks!!!

Save

I'd sign up for the whiskey and bacon tasting everyday! I'm definitely suggesting that to corporate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul - After watching your wonderful Martini Bar video, you confirmed for me that it was indeed "my" Agus!! I so hope he will still be onboard on November 6th. We used to chant Ah-goose, Ah-goose! Also, I think I saw another of "my" old bartenders in the video - Imadi by any chance?

Thanks so much for keeping us entertained!

Agus is the best! I was on the Millennium with him a few years ago, and every time I came to the bar, he'd call out my name. It made me feel like a celebrity! :) We were in Bali for 3 days during that cruise and loved to tease him how he didn't have a traditional Balinese name. So glad to see he's still delighting folks on X!

I'd sign up for the whiskey and bacon tasting everyday! I'm definitely suggesting that to corporate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent!

We were on the Reflection last fall (95% sure that's the one!) and friends did it and said it was awesome. We have asked every cruise since if they will offer it and they look at us as if we have a big purple eye in the middle of our head! ;)

I'll keep asking till it rolls back around!

Karen

Save

Agus is the best! I was on the Millennium with him a few years ago, and every time I came to the bar, he'd call out my name. It made me feel like a celebrity! :) We were in Bali for 3 days during that cruise and loved to tease him how he didn't have a traditional Balinese name. So glad to see he's still delighting folks on X!

We had Agus on our Reflection cruise years ago and still remember the many flights we had? He poured us a 36 on our last night! I have some good pictures!!! We hope to see him again one day!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ChicagoPaul,

Having concluded the President's Cruise, what in your opinion, is the grand takeaway about Celebrity that you learned which you didn't know before you embarked the cruise? Thank you.

That is a great question. I wish I had a much better answer, but I cannot think of one "grand" take away that I learned which I didn't know before (at least with regard to Celebrity as a whole).

One thing I did learn, which I suppose we could learn from any cruise now going forward, is that much of the crew is NOT wanting to work the first contracts on the Edge. The majority of the bartenders said that despite the crew areas being significantly improved for them, they'd prefer to wait for the second Edge ship to come out. They feel that the initial crew will be heavily worked and absolute perfection will be expected. There will also be a lot of initial training without passengers which will mean less pay for them. Out of all the random things I learned this is the one that stuck in my mind most.