LIVE!! FROM THE EQUINOX PRESIDENT's Cruise August 27th, 2017 - ChicagoPaul

chicagopaul

Paul, thanks so much for taking the time to share all your thoughts, experiences and photos. It's been a joy to be able to sail along with y'all! I hope we land on the same ship some day so I can buy a couple rounds of martinis for you and Edward.

Cheers everyone. Debarkation was today. We booked the hop on hop off tour which includes transfer to FLL. We had to meet in Celebrity Central at 7:45am. It was very organized. By 8pm we were walking off the ship.

The port made some mistakes with the luggage numbers as to which carousel they should be on. Some guy mixed up so we had one elusive piece of luggage to track down. But once we had our luggage the customs line was a breeze.

The hop on and hop off tour has been very well organized so far. We're enjoying clear skies in Miami. We toured around Miami city and Miami Beach. We then went back to Miami beach. We hit the Ritz Carlton for lunch and are now at the Loews for a drink. Soon we will either hop back on the bus or just take an Uber to our meeting place for the transfer.

210aba97b787d0f97630e672be8c065a.jpg

7294e79a9bae6047811a4789627630fa.jpg

b45de68cd535dca430059da7d450c0e2.jpg

00e2a36b793c55b30ed7fedcbc3ca1e5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone for the nice words. And thank you Norma for the picture! Our next cruise is this Nov 26th. 14nt on the Eclipse. I will be providing another live blog then.

Also I will finish a recap and post some videos tomorrow. I'd like to say tonight but we have a late flight. Plus I need an excuse to ease myself back into work mode so working on the blog tomorrow will help with that.

Lastly a couple of you have asked me for links to previous blogs I've done. I can dig them up but I have something better in mind. Given the response I've had on here, which is so much appreciated, I'll have a more specific location for my blogs as well and FAQ I received for each cruise.

Chicago Paul, thank you so much for the AMAZING blog!! My family and I are relatively new to cruising (only 4 cruises under my belt) but I cannot get enough of your review. I looked back and read the last 5 blogs you posted as well. Wonderful writing style and great pics! Thanks to your wonderful partner for sharing you and your vacation with us. Safe travels!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Enjoyed this review very much. Which Ho-Ho bus company did you use?

We booked through the ship. Currently they're using City Sight Seeing Miami? Big red buses. They were very good. Very well organized. A good amount of information. Everyone was extremely friendly. Truly stress free.

There were only 4 of us heading to FLL. They had the luggage waiting in the front so we could confirm no pieces were left out.

6a0c76a1b54c784d2f301a7b6b8cfd7e.jpg

Now we are sitting at the airport. Anxious to get home at this point. It's been a long day!

Paul,

Just a coincidence BUT our departure on the Viking Ocean SKY on November 26 from the Port of Miami is the same day that your Eclipse sailing departs Miami and both ships return on December 10. Viking will probably be at Terminal J where the smaller ships usually dock.

Then our next sailing is on the Reflection TA on April 13 from Fort Lauderdale to Rome. Sound familiar? Hoping that we will meet you and Edward while crossing the Atlantic.

Jay and Al in Tucson

Paul,

Just a coincidence BUT our departure on the Viking Ocean SKY on November 26 from the Port of Miami is the same day that your Eclipse sailing departs Miami and both ships return on December 10. Viking will probably be at Terminal J where the smaller ships usually dock.

Then our next sailing is on the Reflection TA on April 13 from Fort Lauderdale to Rome. Sound familiar? Hoping that we will meet you and Edward while crossing the Atlantic.

Jay and Al in Tucson

Watched a TV programme on Viking Sky the other night and she looks stunning - enjoy :).

Loved reading your review as it has helped with my post cruise blues since disembarking yesterday from Equinox! In fact, I think the two of you may have sat in front of us on the return tender from Punta Cana.:D

We thoroughly enjoyed this cruise. Beautiful ship, fun itinerary and the best food of any of our Celebrity cruises. Agree with your remarks regarding President's cruise.:D

This was the easiest disembarkation of any cruise we've been on. Walked off the ship a few minutes after 8am and were driving out of the parking garage at 819.

Again, thanks for the memories!:D

Sherri:)