LIVE!! FROM THE EQUINOX PRESIDENT's Cruise August 27th, 2017 - ChicagoPaul

chicagopaul

So when a late schedule change is made like the upcoming Equinox posted above, how does that affect excursions? Most of the ports look the same but dates changed. Will people lose deposits on the two ports that are skipped altogether now?

Just curious, never had this happen to us.

If you booked excursions through Celebrity you'll be completely fine financially. Since some are on different days I assume some excursions will change and on embarkation day I'd imagine they still might be making changes to the excursions. At least you have two sea days to start with (if the alternate schedule is used) to use to plan excursions.

If you booked independent excursions I imagine you might be out of luck. Though if those islands are being affected by the hurricane then Id imagine you can push for your deposit back if they're reputable.

Lastly, if you have travel insurance or booked with a higher end card such as Amex Platinum or a Visa Infinite card, call them as well. You'll have some insurance built in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.resortpass.com/florida-7

QUESTION for all of you! So we have a late flight tomorrow, 6:45pm. Apparently when we booked it we were being cheap and wanted to save $100 each. So we booked the hop on and hop off bus so they can store our luggage (our flight is too late for luggage valet on Southwest).

So our plan is to find a place for brunch / lunch. It's Labor Day so there should be plenty of options.

Let us know if you have any recommendations that might be near the hop on / hop off route. I'm looking for a nice place where I can park myself for a while. Get drinks, eat and ideally plug in my phone so I can upload photos and video for you all. I'm open to hotels, etc. even if it's overpriced at this point I'm picking convenience over anything else, I learned my lesson!

QUESTION for all of you! So we have a late flight tomorrow, 6:45pm. Apparently when we booked it we were being cheap and wanted to save $100 each. So we booked the hop on and hop off bus so they can store our luggage (our flight is too late for luggage valet on Southwest).

So our plan is to find a place for brunch / lunch. It's Labor Day so there should be plenty of options.

I think you're coming back into Miami.

In that case, take advantage of the Miami Spice menus! http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/special-offers/monthly-deals/miami-spice-month

Many of the restaurants are near the hop on hop off stops on the beach.

PS: I really appreciated that you encouraged questions and answered them with class, allowing others from different backgrounds / situations to understand. I often ask delicately worded questions to my neighbors & friends of different backgrounds, which opens up a discussion and I often learn why something that seems acceptable to me is actually quite

offensive or inappropriate to them. It is one of the few ways that I (a white, heterosexual male) can actually understand the WHYs.

Also, your review(s) were very detailed and helpful!!!

Hello Paul,

I came upon your blog by chance while surfing the Celebrity board on CC. Then I couldn't stop reading. I know how much time and effort are involved in posting a blog, especially one as comprehensive and enjoyable as yours. It is much appreciated.

I would like to know if you will be communicating on this site or somewhere else when your travel plans for April next year are resolved. My partner and I have booked the Reflection to Rome in April and would like to say hello if you and Edward will be aboard. We will be sailing on the Oosterdam in October and the Viking Ocean SKY in Nov/Dec prior to the TA in April. The cruise addiction never ceases.

Jay and Al in Tucson

Cruise is not over yet!!

d4e398c4a950096fd07b8de42f7f2b71.jpg

Thank you all for the wonderful comments above. I'll respond to all comments this evening. Doing the hop on and off bus tomorrow and will hit a few bars / restaurants in Miami. I'll take you all along for the ride and will get some videos up from the cruise too for you all.

Let us know if you have any recommendations that might be near the hop on / hop off route. I'm looking for a nice place where I can park myself for a while. Get drinks, eat and ideally plug in my phone so I can upload photos and video for you all. I'm open to hotels, etc. even if it's overpriced at this point I'm picking convenience over anything else, I learned my lesson!

Bayside Marketplace, even though it is a little touristey, has plenty of restaurants, shops and places you could park yourself and has a hop on/off stop right at the front entrance.

Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. We have sailed the Equinox many times and know so many of those wonderful crew members that you have spoken about.

So happy for Bailey and his wife as he has shared his innkeepeing plans with me throughout the years. If you see him again tell him congratulations from the River Rock Inn and he should contact our inn thru Facebook so we can be a support to him when he has questions.

If you see Namik (buffet asst mngr) let him know Bob and Lisa say hi.

Your writing is superb, so enjoyable and bravo to Edward for being patient and sharing you with all of us. Maybe we can sail together sometime.

Again, awesome job! Lisa

As everyone else has stated great job. For some reason I thought this was a 10 day cruise not a 8 day cruise, now I am depressed:::::(:(:( Always glad to see your reviews. I will be on the Infinity 09/17/17 and the Equinox 10/27/17, Hope to run into you and Edward in the future.

Norma

Chicago Paul...thank you for a wonderful blog/review. You have us counting the days to our late November Eclipse cruise!

Lisa & Gerry

Late November as is the 26th? If so we will see you there! We're booked on her and making final payment tomorrow. Cannot wait!

Cheers everyone. Thank you all again for the wonderful comments. It truly makes me enjoy writing these reviews that much more. I'll be responding to many of you tomorrow while I wait hours and have many drinks before boarding my flight. And as long as you all don't mind I'll update you on our post cruise activities tomorrow while I finish a cruise recap review.

Tonight we hit Martini Bar after packing, which was around 6pm. At 6pm the faces around the bar seemed depressed! But by 7:30 they were picking up as the liquor kicked in haha.

We had dinner at Murano tonight. Two nights ago we were asked if anything special off menu could be prepared for us. We chose the Steak Dianne and it was incredible. Truly amazing and such a wonderful way to end the cruise. Marko from Serbia prepared it for us and it was a joy to watch. Here are some pictures below.

f7be419a2918ddc4d45e2209c08e8f4c.jpg

21b9345024c0218ae30f703b92cc12ca.jpg

d4759eef99f10204c5ff139cdb3589e9.jpg

1b45168347b7978a09be95dc3a69126a.jpg

Above pictured is a margarita sorbet. Yes, you could definitely taste the tequila! Great palate cleanser before the main entree.

Wish we had an appreciate emoji! We're looking to sail on Equinox same time next year. Different itinerary (ABC islands) but greatly enjoying your insights sailing Equinox, and especially taking note of the weather . As a matter of interest. was the Sky lounge used for Elite cocktail hour or did you have vouchers?

Thank you so much Paul & Edward!! We joined you on your last cruise blog and can't wait until your next! You've had a wonderful cruise and you've so generously taken us all on the ride with you. Safe travels home - looking forward to the next adventure!