Are Premium Balconies worth it on Crown vs regular Balconies

Moxiefurball

We are booked on the Crown next June for Mediterranean cruise. Booked Baja deck balcony. Are the caribe deck larger Balconies at approx $150-200 pp more really worth it. Very port intensive cruise with only one sail day, so not sure we will be sitting on balcony hours and hours.

The caribe deck balconys are larger. I am doing a TA in Nov. 2018 on the crown and have a premium balcony. This is also a matter of what is best for you. If you do decide to sit out there you might want more space. If you plan not to sit out there you don't need the space and save the money. But it really should be your decision. I myself like them.

jackie

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are booked on the Crown next June for Mediterranean cruise. Booked Baja deck balcony. Are the caribe deck larger Balconies at approx $150-200 pp more really worth it. Very port intensive cruise with only one sail day, so not sure we will be sitting on balcony hours and hours.

The word 'Premium' refers to location on the ship. With few exceptions interiors and amenities of all balcony cat. cabins are the same. Fares for all mid ship balcony cabins on every deck are higher then those forward or aft. Baja deck balconies are 9ft x 5ft and fully covered. Caribe deck balconies are 9ft x 9ft with 5 ft. covered and 4 ft. uncovered. Caribe deck mid ship cabins are the highest priced. In our opinion they do not give any extra comfort over aft cabins on the same deck. On Grand Class ships including the Crown we have been selecting Caribe deck aft cabins, Cat. BD. These are very comfortable cabins in a nice location with little motion. That is the direction I would look if you wish to make a change. Baja deck cabins are also nice and you will also enjoy the cabin, balcony and location on the ship.

The cabin we booked is B342 midship, with the 9 x 5 balcony. Do they have at least 2 chairs on that size balcony?

Yes, they do. Two chairs and a small round table.

However, you might want to consider a Caribe balcony in the aft section. Same price as Baja or Aloha balconies.

Jim

The cabin we booked is B342 midship, with the 9 x 5 balcony. Do they have at least 2 chairs on that size balcony?

Nice cabin, nice location. Yes, two chairs, two foot stools, small table which if I remember correctly is a low table.

Caribe deck balconies also have two chairs, two foot stools and a larger high table.

Nice cabin, nice location. Yes, two chairs, two foot stools, small table which if I remember correctly is a low table.

Caribe deck balconies also have two chairs, two foot stools and a larger high table.

Thx . I prefer midship . And I think for such a port intensive cruise the small balcony will be fine . I've always wondered about the aft cabins because I love to look at ships wake but I also like convenience of mid ship location

"Premium" refers to location only. A BD or BE cabin on Caribe deck, forward and aft is exactly the same as a B1, B2, or B3 on the same deck. Is it worth the extra money? Only you can answer that. I don't mind walking and prefer being all the way aft so for me, it is not worth the higher fare.

In your situation with only one sea day it's not worth it. For a long cruise I would love C752 or C753 which are Caribe balcony cabins (with the larger 9'x9' half covered/half uncovered balcony) that face aft so you have a wake view. Some don't like the location as they say there is more vibration (and to some extent that is true) but I will never forget waking up at night to use the head and then, instead of going right back to bed, sitting out on my balcony looking at a full moon over the wake. Very hard to beat. :hearteyes::cool::D

In your situation with only one sea day it's not worth it. For a long cruise I would love C752 or C753 which are Caribe balcony cabins (with the larger 9'x9' half covered/half uncovered balcony) that face aft so you have a wake view. Some don't like the location as they say there is more vibration (and to some extent that is true) but I will never forget waking up at night to use the head and then, instead of going right back to bed, sitting out on my balcony looking at a full moon over the wake. Very hard to beat. :hearteyes::cool::D

We have B749 booked for the Quebec to NY cruise in October! How does that compare to C753? We've never had an aft balcony before, but with the latest news I figure if we're sailing slow to protect the whales, we'll have a front row (to the aft...) seat to watch them.

We have B749 booked for the Quebec to NY cruise in October! How does that compare to C753? We've never had an aft balcony before, but with the latest news I figure if we're sailing slow to protect the whales, we'll have a front row (to the aft...) seat to watch them.

I'm curious as to weather they are same size balcony. On the map they look different, but when you look at a picture of the ship they look the same. I've been in the Baja corner & will be on Caribe corner in a couple of months. I'm looking at booking another one before I go & would like to know for sure.

I have cruised twice in an aft balcony. I agree with you. There is nothing like a view of the sky and the wake. It's magical in my opinion.

We love aft corner balconies. Are willing to pay the premium for them. If the corner isn't available will to pay the premium for any aft balcony with the exception of obstructed. Love the sounds. Love the view and love the privacy.

+1

Caribe C752/3 are the best

I'm curious as to weather they are same size balcony. On the map they look different, but when you look at a picture of the ship they look the same. I've been in the Baja corner & will be on Caribe corner in a couple of months. I'm looking at booking another one before I go & would like to know for sure.

The real difference is the balcony. Caribe balconies are 9x9 half covered and half uncovered. Regular balconies are 9x5.

We booked C743 on the Ruby for our next cruise. It is the last one on the side, so I hope we can peek around at the aft view!

One of our 2 favorite cabins, C742 being the other. You get an even bigger balcony as there is an area that juts out to a point. Plus no one is "behind" you. You can't see the direct wake or anything just the wavelets. I just tell my wife I booked "our cabin", she knows what that means.

We were recently on the Crown Baja deck B424 which was mid ship. The only thing better would to have been on Caribe deck but we found out too late.

We are going on the Grand in June 2018 to Alaska (which is the same ship as the Crown) and we have booked a Caribe deck balcony room on that sailing.