An 18% gratuity and specialty service charge will be charged at time of payment.

az-cruiser

18% of the cost of the package if you were to purchase it. Check the NCL site and it will tell you the cost of the package, and you can do the math. (I am assuming you are asking about the package, since in another post I think you mentioned having the package. If not, see answer above.) :)

Does anyone know what the specialty service fee charged for specialty restaurants?:confused:

From the Specialty Dining Terms and Conditions page:

ARE GRATUITIES INCLUDED IN THE SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE PURCHASE PRICE?

No, an 18% gratuity and specialty service charge will be automatically added to the cost of your package.

I have the package, but some people in the group do not, I want to make sure i'm giving them the right info. Thanks so much!

18% of the cost of the package if you were to purchase it. Check the NCL site and it will tell you the cost of the package, and you can do the math. (I am assuming you are asking about the package, since in another post I think you mentioned having the package. If not, see answer above.) :)

The packages on the site now show the full price. I just bought ours for our Escape cruise in October. They've removed the math requirement. ;)

Does anyone know what the specialty service fee charged for specialty restaurants?:confused:

I suspect that this language is what is causing you an issue: "An 18% gratuity and specialty service charge". It is not two separate charges, it is a single charge that totals 18% of the bill, whether a la carte or fixe prix.

If paying the 18% fee on a "free" 4 meal SDP package it is $15.12 total, not per meal, added to your final payment.

For those who do not have the package, if they purchase it, then $15.12 will be added right then to their purchase.

Edited by NMLady

on my 7 day cruise to Bahamas and Bermuda for the 3 meal specially dinning plan perk , it is about 12.42 per person

on my 10 day cruise to Canada for the 4 meal specially dinning plan perk , it is about 15.12 per person

I guess I can't even tell what the question is... :confused:

Kind of had the same reaction....asking about 18% for Specialty Dinner Plan or purchasing the 3 or 4 dinner plan or eating at Specialty Restaurant onboard?

Either way, they add 18% to cost.

on my 7 day cruise to Bahamas and Bermuda for the 3 meal specially dinning plan perk , it is about 12.42 per person

on my 10 day cruise to Canada for the 4 meal specially dinning plan perk , it is about 15.12 per person

Perfect answer...total for both 3 meal and 4 meal dining plan.