Passport stamps

Mizchief224

It's been more years than I can remember since I've had my passport stamped in NY upon returning from a closed loop cruise, and we usually take at least 2 a year. Nor was my passport stamped in San Diego earlier this year on a open jaw cruise that started in Miami, or from an open jaw cruise that started in San Juan and ended in NY. It also wasn't stamped in NY upon return on a flight from Mexico. The only stamp in my current passport, which was a renewal issued about 5 years ago, is from Mexico upon arriving from the US by air.

We were talking about entering the US at either San Juan or New York - not returning on a closed loop cruise. My last time flying into NY was from St. Maarten in January this year - and my passport was stamped - I suppose it depends upon the agent.

We were talking about entering the US at either San Juan or New York - not returning on a closed loop cruise. My last time flying into NY was from St. Maarten in January this year - and my passport was stamped - I suppose it depends upon the agent.

And I gave two examples of recent cruises that weren't closed loop, as well as a recent entry on a flight from Mexico, so I wasn't just talking about closed loop cruises. Three different points of entry and not a stamp on my passport.

You said "when you return to New York they do" in response to the other post, and my point is that is not necessarily the case.

Edited by njhorseman

The only cruise we've used a passport for so far was our Fascination cruise and they didn't stamp them when we returned. We've made two trips internationally with them and have one stamp from France and three from the Netherlands (for some reason one must go through passport control in the Netherlands even if on a lay over). Germany did not stamp them (our final destination for both trips). When we fly to Miami in November we'll be flying from Montreal and will be cleared at pre-clearance so we'll see if they stamp them then.

You don't NEED to get a passport stamp on any closed loop cruise - and going out of your way to do so would be a waste of in-port time could wind up unnecessarily using up available pages.

However, San Juan is a port of arrival on US territory , so it is just as likely to get one there as in New York, Miami, or anywhere else.

This sure seems to be talking about a closed loop cruise.