Epic Med Cruise Departing Barcelona questions

Faw1001

Hi

We are cruising in a few days and I was wondering if anyone could answer my last minute questions.

1. What time is the earliest they will start letting people on the ship in Barcelona?

2. Would you recommend any good beaches for swimming at any of the following ports: Naples, Rome (Civitavecchia), Livorno, Cannes, Barcelona?

3. Is anyone else booked on the 3rd Sept cruise that has booked a (non-NCL) group tour for Rome and/or Livorno? Is there room for more people (3)?

Thank you

Fiona

Hi

We are cruising in a few days and I was wondering if anyone could answer my last minute questions.

1. What time is the earliest they will start letting people on the ship in Barcelona?

2. Would you recommend any good beaches for swimming at any of the following ports: Naples, Rome (Civitavecchia), Livorno, Cannes, Barcelona?

3. Is anyone else booked on the 3rd Sept cruise that has booked a (non-NCL) group tour for Rome and/or Livorno? Is there room for more people (3)?

Thank you

Fiona

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There are beautiful beaches in Barcelona. Just look on a map. Buses go right to the beach. Rome is not on the water. No beaches there. Cannes has nice beaches, but I wouldn't spend time on a beach in these beautiful historic cities! A beach is a beach. If you haven;t been to these cities before, I would suggest doing at least a walking tour that will give you the highlights of the city ( For Livorno I mean Florence or Pisa). BTW, Pisa is much more than the Leaning Tower.

Hi

General boarding starts at 11:30. Check in starts to get busy then. Show up at 10:30 to get through security and checkin if you want to get your vacations started early.

The Garden Cafe buffet will open at 11:30. The Taste main dining room at noon. O'Shehans is open 24/7.

General boarding starts at 11:30. Check in starts to get busy then. Show up at 10:30 to get through security and checkin if you want to get your vacations started early.

The Garden Cafe buffet will open at 11:30. The Taste main dining room at noon. O'Shehans is open 24/7.

Great info, thank you!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There are beautiful beaches in Barcelona. Just look on a map. Buses go right to the beach. Rome is not on the water. No beaches there. Cannes has nice beaches, but I wouldn't spend time on a beach in these beautiful historic cities! A beach is a beach. If you haven;t been to these cities before, I would suggest doing at least a walking tour that will give you the highlights of the city ( For Livorno I mean Florence or Pisa). BTW, Pisa is much more than the Leaning Tower.

I want to swim in the Med at least once but there is so much to do I don't know if I will :)

You might want to check out the ROLL CALL for your cruise to share tours. See the link towards the top of this page.

Hi, thanks. I am on the roll call but not getting any responses to my posts about tours.

We were on the ship by about 11.30 in Barcelona, and we weren't the first! I have no idea if our experience was typical but we arrived around 10.30 at the port, and as soon as we had finished check in then we were allowed to board. We had no status either.

Cool, thanks for your reply :)

Faw 1001

I too was fascinated with the beauty Mediterranean sea and beaches, we took a tour of the Amalfi coast which allowed me to walk down to the beach and dip my toes in the water in Positano and in Canne we stopped at the public beach near the tender port where I could do the same thing.

If you want to swim then I would say Canne is your best option unless you are staying in Barcelona before or after your cruise

Hi

Thank you

Fiona

Are you going to Mallorca, Palma on the last stop if so get a cab to palma nova and the beach there is lovely

For a fabulous tour of Rome go with Rome in Limo. Our family did a tour with them this past January and thoroughly enjoyed it. Just google Rome in Limo and you will get their website. They are really good at answering emails. They have thousands of positive reviews here on this board and on TripAdvisor. You will get the most out of your day with them. Good luck.

Paul