What do you do in between cruising to scratch that cruise itch? How do you cope?

CaptainNappin

What is your problem with a time share? St.Martin is one of our favorite islands. We do a week timeshare on the Dutch side and another week either at the same resort or go to the French side. Confused about your response

What are your favorite things to do in St. Martin? We have a stop on our Oasis of the Seas trip next spring. St. Maarten, to be exact, so Dutch side but really I don't know what the two sides of the island mean except sounds like an option to collect extra passport stamps, if anyone stamped passports anymore :D.

We are not drinkers and typically I kind of shun eating much during a shore excursion when we are always so stuffed already from ship food. My husband loves history, especially anything related to military/war or old colonial governments and their various power struggles.

What are your favorite things to do in St. Martin? We have a stop on our Oasis of the Seas trip next spring. St. Maarten, to be exact, so Dutch side but really I don't know what the two sides of the island mean except sounds like an option to collect extra passport stamps, if anyone stamped passports anymore :D.

We are not drinkers and typically I kind of shun eating much during a shore excursion when we are always so stuffed already from ship food. My husband loves history, especially anything related to military/war or old colonial governments and their various power struggles.

Too bad the food is amazing, especially the French side. St.Martin is 2 seperate countries, literally. The French side speaks French and uses Euros. The Dutch predominately use dollars and people speak English. Some locals speak Dutch and Gilders are accepted. There is no customs between islands unless you are sailing. What to do? That's up to you. I would go to Trip Advisor and do some research. Eating, drinking and beaches are a big part of every island.