Hurricane Irma - Anthem of the Seas - Bermuda Sept. 9, 2017 sailing

I was told by RCL to wait to cancel until they know what the cruise is doing, so no one is cancelling now.

No reason to cancel now. Ship will sail, most likely, to where is the question. Too early to predict almost a week out. I've been on over 12 cruises where weather changed at least 1 port, once all ports and once a countries revolution canceled a stop. Happens, and it's peak Hurricane season. Enjoy the cruise and go with the flow...

I'm on the Sept. 14th sailing behind you all....right now I'm not even sure I'll be able to get out of Florida next Wed. to fly to Newark....Irma just can't make up her mind where she is going or when she will get there....every update I see has a different date & time for her....very frustrating!

i am holding out a bit of hope due to these circumstances, but my guess is you are right. i am still not getting on, it just stinks to lose all that money. i have insurance, maybe that will help.

I think you are better off not cruising at all. You never know when your on a ship when a storm could suddenly appear. I was on a cruise last September when out of no where a small storm blew up and we ended going right into it. Ship was rocking and rolling all afternoon. I was OK, but plenty of people were sick on that cruise.

are you on this cruise too? what are your thoughts?

I don't know if you are referring to me, but yes I'm on this cruise, my 11th cruise on Anthem. I'm all packed and ready to go. I just added an extra sweatshirt and pair of jeans in case we head north. I think there are going to rough seas at some point, but we are not going to go through a hurricane. Most cruises have some hours of rough seas, especially sailing from the northeast. My worst cruise for weather, wasn't in hurricane season, but on a Bermuda cruise in May.