LOS Deck 12 Balcony Cabin or a Hump Cabin?

Clarea.......hope you can help me. I need to know if the beds are by the door or by the balcony in Serenade of the Seas 8604. I hope it's an ok cabin, I wanted the hump, this is just aft.

Thanks for all the help you've given in the past.

Tried to locate you, didn't know you're a host now........great!!

I agree we have done both (hump was actually Indy but same thing). The motion was much more on deck 12, plus the wind was very strong it blew my husbands sea pass out of his hand. Strangely enough someone found it and turned it in so it must have blown back on to the ship somewhere. The hump balconies are a great location!

We were just in 1840 and would not recommend it. The stairs right outside you can here people going up and down them. Also all the kids on the ship go up to the deck above and stomped around. About 7 am they start to put out the deck chairs on the deck above. We had read about it and thought it would be ok, while it didn't ruin our cruise it was a nuisance. If there is any deck 12 further forward I would jump on it. We had one in April closer to the front and had no noise. It is so convenient to the solarium pool and the windjammer.

I had read that you could feel the motion a lot more in the deck 12 forward cabins. I wasn't worried about getting seasick, so I went for it. We had rougher seas than I usually in the Caribbean. There was one night where I was literally being launched out of my bed. I was afraid to even try to walk to the bathroom. The next morning, I ran into my next-door neighbors in the hallway. She said it was so bad she was afraid we were sinking. I later talked to people in my group who had been elsewhere on the ship, and they had hardly noticed anything at all. When they say there is more motion, they aren't kidding!

Just off the LOS and I had a cabin right next to the start of the hump balconies. They seemed to have a film on the glass and it cast a very bright purple/pink hue. It kinda drove me nuts as it came through the frosted glass partition to my balcony at times.

Edited to add: I just realized we were not next to the hump balconies. It was next to the "mini hump" balconies under the cantilever hot tubs.

Edited by sjalex20

My preference is a hump stateroom. Even though the balconies are the same size, I like the ability from the balcony to look forward and aft without obstructions, especially when we are coming into or leaving port.

I didn't have a balcony but a panoramic room on 12. It was 1816. We loved the convenience to the solarium pool and actually like feeling more if the rocking. I would say one if the biggest drawbacks was going to dinner at night. We couldn't use the pool deck because if the wind. (My lady spends a lot of time on her hair) and going through the promenade was a pain. We didn't hear any chair noise to speak of but thgat might be because we were farther forward.

Woulkd defiantly do a deck 12 room again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I had read that you could feel the motion a lot more in the deck 12 forward cabins. I wasn't worried about getting seasick, so I went for it. We had rougher seas than I usually in the Caribbean. There was one night where I was literally being launched out of my bed. I was afraid to even try to walk to the bathroom. The next morning, I ran into my next-door neighbors in the hallway. She said it was so bad she was afraid we were sinking. I later talked to people in my group who had been elsewhere on the ship, and they had hardly noticed anything at all. When they say there is more motion, they aren't kidding!

Uh oh...my oldest son booked a balcony on 12 for January! Hope it's not that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Uh oh...my oldest son booked a balcony on 12 for January! Hope it's not that bad.

I was really shocked as I've been on my share of cruises, and never experienced anything like that. I tend to fall asleep with my laptop next to me on the bed. My charging port ended up getting broken when my laptop was thrown from the bed. I was with a group of 40 people. Most of them were mid-ship on deck 8, and the said they felt some waves, but nothing like when I experienced. With all of that said t was only that bad for one night of a seven night cruise. I wanted to try a large panoramic ocean view. But, now that I've checked that off of my bucket list, I don't feel compelled to do it again.

I was really shocked as I've been on my share of cruises, and never experienced anything like that. I tend to fall asleep with my laptop next to me on the bed. My charging port ended up getting broken when my laptop was thrown from the bed. I was with a group of 40 people. Most of them were mid-ship on deck 8, and the said they felt some waves, but nothing like when I experienced. With all of that said t was only that bad for one night of a seven night cruise. I wanted to try a large panoramic ocean view. But, now that I've checked that off of my bucket list, I don't feel compelled to do it again.

LOL! We have a rear aft balcony for our October, so we will be finding out if we like the aft section. We have done "hump" balconies and loved them (on 6, 7, and 8). The aft balcony looks great, and it's a junior suite, so we are looking forward to a bit more room. Hoping there isn't too much movement back at the end.

LOL! We have a rear aft balcony for our October, so we will be finding out if we like the aft section. We have done "hump" balconies and loved them (on 6, 7, and 8). The aft balcony looks great, and it's a junior suite, so we are looking forward to a bit more room. Hoping there isn't too much movement back at the end.

I have done aft balconies, and it didn't come close to the motion in the front. Enjoy yours!

We had 1840 last August. It had pro's and con's. Noise wasn't an issue except for the speaker on our balcony. Right above solarium was great, easy access to Sun deck was great. Huge TV. Our complaint other than deck speaker was wind noise and tiny balcony. It was also far from the aft elevators.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app