Cruise next Summer from Venice to Greece

Hislamb12

My husband, myself and another couple are going on the Rhapsody of the Seas to Venice next July 2018. This will be our first time near that part of the world and we are so excited about going. We got a great deal with RC, however after looking at Air fare wow...my husband and I are in Denver...so far it seems cost will be $1400-1800 a person.

Any tips? Also how much are hotels? we found a house we could rent for about $150 a night for all four of us. I am assuming that will be a good deal but that does not include any food or anything either..

We are wanting to go in at least 2 days earlier and do a bit site seeing as well. Any ideas?

We (dh, son, my mom and dad) are going in June. We are going 2 days prior and staying 5 days after in Rome. We rented an apartment in Venice central to San Marco and the Rialto. It was a lot more reasonable. We are flying from Tampa and prices are about 1300 right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

your message title says FROM Venice to Greece but in the body of the message you say TO Venice.

So where are you looking for lodging ? If it's Venice, $150 a night is very reasonable. Almost too good to be true, actually.

As for airfare, we usually find it cheaper to fly into London, overnight (or not) then take a small carrier like Easy Jet, Ryan Air, Jet2 to fly within Europe.

The cruise is a 1-week r/t from Venice.

The more flexible you can be on dates and routing, the better chance you have to bring down that price. Also, look at flying to/from Milan, which is an easy train ride from/to Venice.

I ran a fairly broad search on https://matrix.itasoftware.com, and I was finding 2-stop options to MXP on United/TAP in the $880 range.

I travel quite a bit in July to Italy and Yes, flights are high then. I would wait up until 6 months before and watch constantly. If you get anything around $1000 take it!! Ive been fortunate, with Westjet putting in a London flight from my city. Then I use Easyjet or Ryanair to get to the next place. You could try that. Try putting in Paris, Bcn or London for the first leg (i find them the cheapest to fly into), then when the easy jet flights come out use them. Plus you could get an extra day in paris or barcelona before your trip.

Watch out for the often costly baggage charges on carriers like Ryanair and Easyjet. If connecting in the UK, it pays to do your homework as British Airways can sometimes work out cheaper than the low-costs because of this.

Also, when looking for accommodation, watch out for the currency they are quoting you the price in. You don't want to be budgeting in USD only to discover the price is being quoted in euros.

My husband, myself and another couple are going on the Rhapsody of the Seas to Venice next July 2018. This will be our first time near that part of the world and we are so excited about going. We got a great deal with RC, however after looking at Air fare wow...my husband and I are in Denver...so far it seems cost will be $1400-1800 a person.

Any tips? Also how much are hotels? we found a house we could rent for about $150 a night for all four of us. I am assuming that will be a good deal but that does not include any food or anything either..

We are wanting to go in at least 2 days earlier and do a bit site seeing as well. Any ideas?

150$ per night for 4 persons in July? Are you sure its in Venice?

You are going in High Season. We are doing Viking Ocean end of March 2018, from Athens to Venice. At 11 months out, first day the airlines opened their flights, I snagged a deal with Lufthansa.. $651.00 r/t from Lax. It's now $900.00 some days more. Hotels in Venice are not cheap. Were paying 250.00 a nite per couple to be near St Marks Square. If you found something for $150.00 nt for 4 people...please check it out carefully. Sometimes things are too good to be true.

Also consider this. Depending on the route of your flight. Are you direct? Is there a lay over? What time do you leave and arrive? As you leave here one day and get there the next. Big time change too. Going in two days early is good, three might be better. You could spend a day just walking around Venice. Your first day you will be tired. Long flight, not a lot of sleep on the plane. Finding a place to eat, some of the restaurants do not open till 7pm or so for dinner. When you do venture out get a map from the hotel. Have them mark where the hotel is. There are a lot of areas to walk and getting turned around you may get a little side tracked.