How often do they do kids sail free?

We booked under this promo and got a fantastic deal. Now that Irma has totally screwed our sept 10th oasis departure, they are offering us 100% cruise credit if we decide not to go or 50% if we go on this crappy modified sailing.

If we take the 100% we can get no where near the pricing we got because of course, they won't honor the kids sail free offer anymore. Anyone know how many times a year they offer this so we can try to weigh our options of waiting or going.

Thanks. Sorry for the irk, just REALLY upset :(

You're getting 50% back as refundable OBC and 50% back as future cruise credit so it's really a free cruise, if you don't spend any of the OBC.

No. Harmony is getting 50% OBC, Oasis is only 30%. Our cruise cost was only $650 + fees for 3 people because of the offer they had going on(kids free). 50% cruise credit would be laughable, about $325 bucks. If you can find me a cruise to match the $ we paid, then you will be my new BFF.

No. Harmony is getting 50% OBC, Oasis is only 30%. Our cruise cost was only $650 + fees for 3 people because of the offer they had going on(kids free). 50% cruise credit would be laughable, about $325 bucks. If you can find me a cruise to match the $ we paid, then you will be my new BFF.

Good luck figuring out your best move.

I think $100 for a 5 night cruise is pretty decent. To be honest $650 for a 5 night cruise on Oasis is pretty decent.

what do you mean?

I paid $658 cruise fare, $750 taxes/fees for about $1390 for 3 people, option A gets me $190 OBC, doesn't even cover grats, plus $325 bucks for a future cruise. Option B gets me my money back, plus $650 bucks for a future cruise. Without the kids sail free, we can't rebook the cruise at all for $2,050. So either way, we are screwed. We can go on an itinerary we didn't want to do (my cousin was murdered by the mexican police, hence why we didn't book that itinerary in the 1st place) and get a measly $325 or we can not go on vacation at all. That is a zero win situation.

what do you mean?

I paid $658 cruise fare, $750 taxes/fees for about $1390 for 3 people, option A gets me $190 OBC, doesn't even cover grats, plus $325 bucks for a future cruise. Option B gets me my money back, plus $650 bucks for a future cruise. Without the kids sail free, we can't rebook the cruise at all for $2,050. So either way, we are screwed. We can go on an itinerary we didn't want to do (my cousin was murdered by the mexican police, hence why we didn't book that itinerary in the 1st place) and get a measly $325 or we can not go on vacation at all. That is a zero win situation.

Well it would be pretty close to covering your grats with option A you get $197.5 in obc and the grats is $202.5 which would cost you $4.50 for the rest of the grats for 3 people. So your 5 day cruise with fcc would be $22.50 a day per person plus port fees and taxes for 3 passengers. I would sail it but you said you donot like mexico so that makes it moot. I would sail it and stay on the ship. Lots of things to do on an oasis class ship on your port day in mexico. Think of it for the price of a dinner are tony romas you get room, food and enetertainment.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Well it would be pretty close to covering your grats with option A you get $197.5 in obc and the grats is $202.5 which would cost you $4.50 for the rest of the grats for 3 people. So your 5 day cruise with fcc would be $22.50 a day per person plus port fees and taxes for 3 passengers. I would sail it but you said you donot like mexico so that makes it moot. I would sail it and stay on the ship. Lots of things to do on an oasis class ship on your port day in mexico. Think of it for the price of a dinner are tony romas you get room, food and enetertainment.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

It's just so disappointing. Plus now we have to get a hotel out of town to dodge the storm. If we would have gotten on the boat on Sunday we wouldn't have to worry. Ugh I'm just upset and disappointed. My daughter is going to be so sad she can't do the trolls excursion on labadee. I know it's silly but it is the reason we booked this trip rather than doing something else. So much for a great 1st family trip :(

what do you mean?

Option B only gets you a FCC for 100% of your cruise fare. You don't get your money back as well.

I would go with option A and stay on the ship.

So you paid $1390 or $2050 in total, everything included? I thought you had paid $650 total for all 3 of you! Of course they are going to include the taxes and fees in the refund calculations, they're not just going to give you back the 'fare' portion and keep the rest. If you cancel, they're giving you back all $1390/2050 to be applied to a future cruise. If you take the 5 night cruise, you'll get $417/615 on board and $695/1025 to put towards another cruise. That means your 5 night cruise is costing you $278/410 total. For 5 nights. Your grats will be less than they would have been on 7 nights too.

I really think you're getting yourself more upset than you need to be. Your daughter will be so busy having a blast that she won't even remember the missed Trolls excursion, and they will still have the characters on board. And I'm sorry about what happened in Mexico, I wouldn't want to go there either. But Oasis itself is a destination all on its own. We didn't take any excursions on our sailing this year, we went for the ship and stayed plenty busy. This could still be a great vacation if you let it.

So you paid $1390 or $2050 in total, everything included? I thought you had paid $650 total for all 3 of you! Of course they are going to include the taxes and fees in the refund calculations, they're not just going to give you back the 'fare' portion and keep the rest. If you cancel, they're giving you back all $1390/2050 to be applied to a future cruise. If you take the 5 night cruise, you'll get $417/615 on board and $695/1025 to put towards another cruise. That means your 5 night cruise is costing you $278/410 total. For 5 nights. Your grats will be less than they would have been on 7 nights too.

really think you're getting yourself more upset than you need to be. Your daughter will be so busy having a blast that she won't even remember the missed Trolls excursion, and they will still have the characters on board. And I'm sorry about what happened in Mexico, I wouldn't want to go there either. But Oasis itself is a destination all on its own. We didn't take any excursions on our sailing this year, we went for the ship and stayed plenty busy. This could still be a great vacation if you let it.

I paid $1390 with everything. the future cruise credit, however, they only give you on the cruise fare, not the total you paid. since kids sail free and 50% was what i booked under, my cruise fare was $650 and fees/ports charges were over $700. So my 50% or 100% cruise credit is calculated off of THAT amount, not the total $1390. 50% i get $350, 100% i get $650. If you give me $650 as my 100% cruise credit, plus my refund of 1390, i am at $2,050. I cannot rebook a 7night oasis class cruise anytime in the next year for that much money. My obc is only $190 if i sail on the 5 night modified itinerary.

I know I am super upset and I know she will still have fun but she has literally been talking about this trolls thing 10 times a day for the past 6 weeks. This is our 1st family vacation and we struggled to be able to do this and now being forced to go somewhere we don't want to go and not being able to fully rebook on an itinerary we want, is just crappy.

My tender spot with this whole thing is that if you are giving me 100% cruise credit, then that means i can take another cruise of the same nature completely covered. That is what 100% means. I cannot do that with what they are offering me.

Based on what you've written, I suggest cancelling. If you're having this much internal angst about it, it's a sign you don't want to go. Kids Sail Free comes around fairly frequently. I was able to book two RC cruises that would normally be out of our budget with the KSF promo. Now, whether or not you'll find that great price again is anyone's guess BUT they will offer the KSF promo again. They've offered it at least 3 times this year already that I've noticed.

Edited by saharaga

Based on what you've written, I suggest cancelling. If you're having this much internal angst about it, it's a sign you don't want to go. Kids Sail Free comes around fairly frequently. I was able to book two RC cruises that would normally be out of our budget with the KSF promo. Now, whether or not you'll find that great price again is anyone's guess BUT they will offer the KSF promo again.

Agreed. Other cruises will come along. We did KSF to go to Bermuda a couple years back, which we would have never been able to afford otherwise. I haven't been looking as often, but I think they do it at least 2-3 times a year.

Based on what you've written, I suggest canceling. If you're having this much internal angst about it, it's a sign you don't want to go. Kids Sail Free comes around fairly frequently. I was able to book two RC cruises that would normally be out of our budget with the KSF promo. Now, whether or not you'll find that great price again is anyone's guess BUT they will offer the KSF promo again. They've offered it at least 3 times this year already that I've noticed.

Yeah, I am just so on the fence about what do to. I am totally stressed out, plus having to get my house ready to evacuate and figure this **** out and being screwed either way just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

If they do it often then that may be okay but will have to see what the itineraries look like further out. So disappointed in royal.

The upside of cancelling is you don't have to figure it out right now. You can focus on evacuating and cleaning up and come back to this when things settle down a bit. I can tell from your posts that you're stressed. That's not a good mindset to be in when making decisions. I understand the kids may be disappointed but it's life. Things happen. We'll go another time.

I might be giving my kid this same speech in October if these storms don't calm down by then. ;)

Yeah, I am just so on the fence about what do to. I am totally stressed out, plus having to get my house ready to evacuate and figure this **** out and being screwed either way just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

If they do it often then that may be okay but will have to see what the itineraries look like further out. So disappointed in royal.

Yes, you need to cancel. Wait about a month see what happens to all the various ports, etc and wait for a KSF promotion. I suppose you think Royal is to blame for IRMA? If you live in Florida, I would think you should know that August and September are the most active hurricane months.

Yes, you need to cancel. Wait about a month see what happens to all the various ports, etc and wait for a KSF promotion. I suppose you think Royal is to blame for IRMA? If you live in Florida, I would think you should know that August and September are the most active hurricane months.

Never said they were to blame at all. I said they are not doing right by people but didn't say they are to blame for the hurricane lol. Have cruised for years during this season and never had issues or problems with the cruiseline not doing right by their passengers.

They are being a bit silly since the eye of the storm should be over PC on tuesday when they want everyone to embark/disembark. not the most brilliant move.

Is it refunded to the original payment?

If the cruise is cancelled before it starts, then it's refunded to original payment. If the port is missed once the cruise has begun, then it's refunded to the onboard account.