Carnival Paradise Cuba cruise leaving 7th Sept 2017

Kiwi_cruiser

Any word if Cozumel will take paradise

They've handed out letters stating that they will announce at 3:00pm whether they'll still go to Cuba. They will visit Cozumel if they don't go to Cuba. They've invited passengers onboard for lunch. Once they announce the itinerary, if they're not going to Cuba, passengers may cancel and get a full refund, plus 25% credit for another cruise prior to March 2019. They are suggesting that passengers carry-on their luggage if they think they may cancel.

If they do decide to go to Cuba, watch for them on the national news this weekend. It will be titled "Worst cruise-line decision in history".

Edited by cruiser1955a

They've handed out letters stating that they will announce at 3:00pm whether they'll still go to Cuba. They will visit Cozumel if they don't go to Cuba. They've invited passengers onboard for lunch. Once they announce the itinerary, if they're not going to Cuba, passengers may cancel and get a full refund, plus 25% credit for another cruise prior to March 2019. They are suggesting that passengers carry-on their luggage if they think they may cancel.

If they do decide to go to Cuba, watch for them on the national news this weekend. It will be titled "Worst cruise-line decision in history".

I'm glad that they are leaving options open for people.

FWIW, the last models that I saw have the storm clipping the north side of the island. I'm not sure where the Cuban cruise port is, though. I think that it is the better part of prudence for them to wait as long as possible before making the announcement, as long as they are going to take care of everyone who cancels.

Whatever happens, be safe!

I know that it's disappointing for passengers who booked strictly because they wanted to go to Cuba (I'm sure for the first time). Knock CCL all you want, but a change in itinerary (especially during hurricane season) is not at all unusual - so this is a very generous offer.

My daughter is onboard & excited to think that they may be sailing with 500 passengers or less. She worked onboard the Glory in the Entertainment Staff, so of course she's sorry for the waiters, cabin stewards, etc. that will not be getting much $$ from this cruise.

Hoping they have a great time & that all the people pitching a fit in the terminal take CCL up on their offer to disembark!!! Nothing like being stuck on a ship with a bunch of whiners!!

Sailor Sally, you are going to make my whole year. Definitely thought I lost out on a ton of money. Can you please give me more information on this??

My husband heard this on Bay news 9 last night . I am going to call in a few minutes to see if this is true .I would like even a certificate for the future . If not my credit card has coverage . This is the first cruise I have not gotten cancellation insurance only medical .

FYI - when I checked online for the current location of Paradise, it showed it just a few miles from Havana - looks like they're going to make it after all. Today's weather forecast in Havana is mostly sunny with only a 20% chance of any rain.

My husband heard this on Bay news 9 last night . I am going to call in a few minutes to see if this is true .I would like even a certificate for the future . If not my credit card has coverage . This is the first cruise I have not gotten cancellation insurance only medical .

Please keep me posted! I tried calling carnival last night after reading your post but waited Ann hour and a half ( due to high call volume) and decided I will try back today

from facebook

John Heald

25 mins · [/url]

I know lots of you are writing to me saying how frustrated you are trying to get through to our call center. Let me apologise and let me add some important points please

We have thousands of calls coming in and the teams are certainly doing their best. In their defence we have never had so many changes, cruise cancelations and diversions. This storm is incomparable.

I also would like to mention this if I may please

The CCL team is consistently updating carnival.com multiple times each day. We strongly urge our guests to continue getting the latest updates on

The latest information will be updated all the time on and here on my page are all the cancelled sailings and those guest will automatically receive a full refund (normally takes about 3 weeks) so there is no need to call the contact center………………..again, there is no reason to call. This is very important.

On the shortened sailings, if our guests decide to cancel, we will issue a Future Cruise Credit.

We are getting a lot of calls for a refund and our company has made the decision that a full refund is not an option at this time. Calling in will not change that decision. This may seem harsh or something you do not agree with but for now I would ask that if that’s what you are calling for to please not to and if you need to ask a question about this then I will be here next week to listen and help when I can. By the way, I have been asked to mention that the other cruise lines are all doing the same.

As a reminder, we know the wait time is long so if someone did not get to cancel in time, no worries, we totally understand and will make sure that your cancelation is taken care of and we truly do appreciate all your patience

I would ask that you SHARE THIS POST WITH ONE PERSON EACH WHO CRUISES WITH CARNIVAL so that they do not have that frustrating time on hold.

We truly do appreciate your patience and please SHARE this would you

cheers

Sort of sad. I live in the path of the hurricane and wouldn't feel safe on a cruise ship. We were on one back in 2004 (our first cruise) and it was very scary.

Safety first.

Those who are cruising please stay safe,

Anyone in the path of the storm, please stay safe and look after your neighbors esp. if they are elderly, handicapped or even alone.

Reading all these posts is disheartening. Carnival gets crucified if they cancel and if they don't cancel. The cruise lines are getting blasted for shortening cruises and debarking in Miami so people can get home and that is the wrong decision because it is their fault people can't get flights. All lines are losing $ right now but they need to get their ships and crew our of harms way too.

First of all I only cruised once during hurricane season and had insurance. Fortunately all was fine. Second, I would never cruise during hurricane season without insurance. And if I there were hurricanes swirling around the week my cruise was taking place, I would not wait to see if Carnival or any other line cancelled, I wouldn't take the chance. I just don't understand.

Also NCL is no better, we had a cruise booked and they decided to deploy the ship and never let our agent no until it was past the deadline to change. Heard that they deploy ships all the time and was advised not to book a year in advance anymore.

just disgusting the way they are treating cruise passengers...taking them to Havana where shortly after arrival winds of 40-50 mph...some touring111 You would have to be nuts to get on that ship...they will end up having a class action lawsuit and I hope those that did not go get their money back.

Looks like those who didn't make this cruise will get credit. John Heald posted this less than an hour ago:

Here is the latest news

Hurricane Irma

Weather Update – 09/08/17 – 4:00 PM (EDT)

Guests on one of the following sailings who are unable to travel will receive future cruise credits:

- Carnival Paradise – September 7

- Carnival Sensation – September 7

- Carnival Fascination – September 10

- Carnival Paradise – September 11

Due to heavy call volume, you do not have to call Carnival to receive your future cruise credit as this will be automatically processed within 30 days.

We have been closely monitoring Hurricane Irma and given the projected path of the storm, the following cruises have been cancelled:

Carnival Victory – September 8

Carnival Splendor – September 9

Carnival Ecstasy – September 9

Carnival Liberty – September 10

Full post:

Edited by MrsHC
Add link

Reading all these posts is disheartening. Carnival gets crucified if they cancel and if they don't cancel. The cruise lines are getting blasted for shortening cruises and debarking in Miami so people can get home and that is the wrong decision because it is their fault people can't get flights. All lines are losing $ right now but they need to get their ships and crew our of harms way too.

First of all I only cruised once during hurricane season and had insurance. Fortunately all was fine. Second, I would never cruise during hurricane season without insurance. And if I there were hurricanes swirling around the week my cruise was taking place, I would not wait to see if Carnival or any other line cancelled, I wouldn't take the chance. I just don't understand.

Also NCL is no better, we had a cruise booked and they decided to deploy the ship and never let our agent no until it was past the deadline to change. Heard that they deploy ships all the time and was advised not to book a year in advance anymore.

Yes, Carnival gets crucified for choosing to sail directly towards a Cat 5 hurricane. They just can't win. :rolleyes: