Carnival Paradise Cuba cruise leaving 7th Sept 2017

Kiwi_cruiser

The call to Havana was totally up to the Havana port officials prior to sailing the officials gave the green light at 1500 hours (3 PM) for YOUR Carnival Paradise to set sail and call on Havana.

She did so successfully arriving in Havana noon yesterday and has subsequently set sail for Cozumel where she and her guests and crew will be safe until Irma passes by.

YOUR Carnival Paradise is scheduled now to return home here to Port Tampa Bay on Tuesday the 12th providing that she is able to do so due to port conditions

In any event guests had an incredible time in Havana.

She did so successfully arriving in Havana noon yesterday and has subsequently set sail for Cozumel where she and her guests and crew will be safe until Irma passes by.

YOUR Carnival Paradise is scheduled now to return home here to Port Tampa Bay on Tuesday the 12th providing that she is able to do so due to port conditions

In any event guests had an incredible time in Havana.

Were you on the boat ? Otherwise how do you know they had a good time ?

While I totally believe Captain Carnival! If anyone would know what is going on it would be him!

I do wish some of the cruiser's that are on the ship would stop in here at tell us how it was in Havana. I would think that a lot of the people there would be preparing for Irma to hit and not to concerned with a Ship full of tourist wanting to be driven around in old cars.

I just hope that just because Carnival deciding to go to Havana and taking time away from all the people it takes to run all the tours, shops and so on did not cause more damage by keeping people away from their homes and not being able to secure their homes from the storm.

Captain Carnival, I know we have meet once, but I have heard you voice many times. I love sailing out of Tampa with you! You make embarkation fun!

While I totally believe Captain Carnival! If anyone would know what is going on it would be him!

I do wish some of the cruiser's that are on the ship would stop in here at tell us how it was in Havana. I would think that a lot of the people there would be preparing for Irma to hit and not to concerned with a Ship full of tourist wanting to be driven around in old cars.

I just hope that just because Carnival deciding to go to Havana and taking time away from all the people it takes to run all the tours, shops and so on did not cause more damage by keeping people away from their homes and not being able to secure their homes from the storm.

Captain Carnival, I know we have meet once, but I have heard you voice many times. I love sailing out of Tampa with you! You make embarkation fun!

Thanks and I hope to see you here again soon!!

21462618_1949643218638980_5546346224132392689_n.jpg?oh=536aa5b1647e2bb5d20f0e5fc809846b&oe=5A1B5C09

what a joke....people had a good time....hum...spoke with someone in Havana at about the time they were in port and everyone down there was getting ready for the impending storm and I seriously doubt they had a great time unless they sat on the ship and drank. The only reason any of these cruise lines have refunded anything including to those on this sailing is when media or attorneys get involved. Sad. This ship should have never sailed but I guess some people on board need a cruise fix so bad they are fine with anything.

what a joke....people had a good time....hum...spoke with someone in Havana at about the time they were in port and everyone down there was getting ready for the impending storm and I seriously doubt they had a great time unless they sat on the ship and drank. The only reason any of these cruise lines have refunded anything including to those on this sailing is when media or attorneys get involved. Sad. This ship should have never sailed but I guess some people on board need a cruise fix so bad they are fine with anything.

I value your right to your opinion, as much as I do Captain Carnival... but until I hear from those on board who visited Cuba I'm not willing to speculate about whether they had the best time ever or were miserable the whole time! And anyone who ventures a guess at this point is doing just that- speculating!

I hope they're having a wonderful cruise, and for those onboard from the Gulf Coast, I just pray they've got something to come home to...

We are scheduled on Carnival Paradise on 9/21/17 and getting the runaround from Carnival. They are hinting at an itinerary change but we don't want to go to Cozumel for $3k and do not want to go to a destroyed Cuba at any price. Lets go look at the poor homeless Cubans??? They are saying they usually let folks know 24-48 hrs ahead of time on itinerary changes. So far we are not being offered anything and are Platinum level. We have been to every Carnival port multiple times and only want to go to Cuba. Carnival needs to make a decision so we are not scrambling at the last minute to try to get to Tampa. Anyone else scheduled for Sept 21st and what have you heard? So far we are very disappointed in Carnival. :mad:They are saying we should have purchased travel insurance. Maybe we should have chosen another cruise line for the 40+ years we have been cruising!!:mad:

We are scheduled on Carnival Paradise on 9/21/17 and getting the runaround from Carnival. They are hinting at an itinerary change but we don't want to go to Cozumel for $3k and do not want to go to a destroyed Cuba at any price. Lets go look at the poor homeless Cubans??? They are saying they usually let folks know 24-48 hrs ahead of time on itinerary changes. So far we are not being offered anything and are Platinum level. We have been to every Carnival port multiple times and only want to go to Cuba. Carnival needs to make a decision so we are not scrambling at the last minute to try to get to Tampa. Anyone else scheduled for Sept 21st and what have you heard? So far we are very disappointed in Carnival. :mad:They are saying we should have purchased travel insurance. Maybe we should have chosen another cruise line for the 40+ years we have been cruising!!:mad:

40+ years and you aren't familiar with the process and chances one takes in hurricane season with itinerary changes?

lol they are right, you should have purchased insurance. You would think, being platinum and all, that you would know that the cruise line reserves the right to change itinerary (in this case for a good reason). They don't need to offer anything in terms of compensation. If you were unwilling to accept any other port, you definitely should have purchased insurance.

40+ years and you aren't familiar with the process and chances one takes in hurricane season with itinerary changes?

Carnival has never treated folks like this before. Never had change of port ever!! It's simple. HAVANNA IS DESTROYED / FL IS DAMAGED so cancel the cruise. Don't put people in harms way!!

lol they are right, you should have purchased insurance. You would think, being platinum and all, that you would know that the cruise line reserves the right to change itinerary (in this case for a good reason). They don't need to offer anything in terms of compensation. If you were unwilling to accept any other port, you definitely should have purchased insurance.

I didnt see the one first post thing til after I responded either...I smell troll

Carnival has never treated folks like this before. Never had change of port ever!! It's simple. HAVANNA IS DESTROYED / FL IS DAMAGED so cancel the cruise. Don't put people in harms way!!

your telling me you have taken 40 cruises and never, ever, had a port change. I think if you had taken that many cruises you would know what a crazy statement that is.

And FYI, Havana and FL are both up and running.

I didnt see the one first post thing til after I responded either...I smell troll

Not sure what you mean by troll but I can tell you it has never happened before and we only purchased ins when one of the family membees sick. Do they have an ins that protects you from them changing ports on you? Are yall from Carnival?

Not sure what you mean by troll but I can tell you it has never happened before and we only purchased ins when one of the family membees sick. Do they have an ins that protects you from them changing ports on you? Are yall from Carnival?

40 cruises and you dont know what cruise insurance is? Well, best of luck.

just disgusting the way they are treating cruise passengers...taking them to Havana where shortly after arrival winds of 40-50 mph...some touring111 You would have to be nuts to get on that ship...they will end up having a class action lawsuit and I hope those that did not go get their money back.

Thank you. There are some mean bullies on here that make me think they are doing Carnivals Dirty work!

With 8k posts I suspect that you are getting something from Carnival or you just really have nothing to do all day. Stop belittling people who are really being affected by this storm sitting high and dry up in Maine!

Ya, my names is Mickey, look me up. Cruise insurance covered if you need, or want, to cancel a cruise for any reason. Its offered EVERY TIME you purchase a cruise fare.....and with 40 of those occasions under your belt not sure how you would miss that?