The Caribbean Islands We All Love

nikkiw60

My thoughts exactly . Many here on these boards have experienced these beautiful islands and ports. Please hold these hard working folks in your thoughts and prayers . The devastating results of this storm (and the ones loming) impact the residents beyond our understanding .

I heared on the news this morning that 95% of St. Martin is destroyed. (I'm not sure that's correct but that is what they said.)

I'm thinking about the lovely locals we have met there. St. Martin is a part of two rich countries, France and the Netherlands, so I'm sure that they will get lots of help but it's still very sad.

I heared on the news this morning that 95% of St. Martin is destroyed. (I'm not sure that's correct but that is what they said.)

I'm thinking about the lovely locals we have met there. St. Martin is a part of two rich countries, France and the Netherlands, so I'm sure that they will get lots of help but it's still very sad.

Apparently, Barbuda has been all but demolished:

"The northernmost island, Barbuda, home to roughly 1,800 people, was "totally demolished," with 90 percent of all dwellings there leveled, Prime Minister Gaston Browne said, according to island television broadcasts.

On the small island of Barbuda, the category five hurricane destroyed nearly all buildings and left it "barely habitable" after striking in the early hours of Wednesday.

Officials warned that the island of Saint-Martin is "almost destroyed. Local authorities in Saint Martin said 95 percent of the houses there had been damaged, and 60 percent were uninhabitable.

"There is no electricity, no drinkable water, gasoline is unavailable."

Meanwhile, two other storms have strengthened to become hurricanes. It is feared Hurricane Jose will bring winds of up to 129mph and is expected to follow a similar path when it arrives over the weekend."

BTW SC .............. have you seen that Ocean Cay has been substituted with a call to Cozumel on our Divina March 2019 cruise?

Praying hard for the people

Praying hard for the islands AND Key West and Miami

Praying Praying Praying

As far as our trip goes I know the lord will decide what is best for us but for those already hit by the hurricane I pray that he will be with them through all this and help them recover.

BTW SC .............. have you seen that Ocean Cay has been substituted with a call to Cozumel on our Divina March 2019 cruise?

No, I haven't seen that.

I'm a Little disappointed, Ocean Cay will probably be a nice stop.

As a substitute I think that Cozumel is a good choice, it could have been much worse. (=Nassau!)

I assume that means that our last day will be a seaday and that's good too.

No, I haven't seen that.

I'm a Little disappointed, Ocean Cay will probably be a nice stop.

As a substitute I think that Cozumel is a good choice, it could have been much worse. (=Nassau!)

I assume that means that our last day will be a seaday and that's good too.

I'm a little disappointed for you, too, because you won't get to experience what they had planned for YC on the island for you.

I'm surprised MSC has made this decision so far out. I'm glad, too, that Cozumel, rather than Nassau, is the substitute, from what I've read about Nassau!

According to the revised itinerary, the last day will be a sea day so, for those disembarking in Miami, that will be an advantage.