Soft Drinks and Bottled Water

JimmyJamm7/11

I know about Carnival rules but not sure of other cruise lines. Water & soda MUST be in cans. You can't take anything that is not in a can, except for wine bottles. With those they check to see the label is till on, bottle completely sealed.

You don't need to bring water on the ship. The ship's water, especially in the buffet, is fine. Our son, who travels a lot told us he makes his morning coffee with his melted ice. I use this water to fill my thermos so you can drink it too.

I know about Carnival rules but not sure of other cruise lines. Water & soda MUST be in cans. You can't take anything that is not in a can, except for wine bottles. With those they check to see the label is till on, bottle completely sealed.

You don't need to bring water on the ship. The ship's water, especially in the buffet, is fine. Our son, who travels a lot told us he makes his morning coffee with his melted ice. I use this water to fill my thermos so you can drink it too.

Canned water is extremely rare/expensive, are you sure that Carnival says water must be in a can?

Canned water is extremely rare/expensive, are you sure that Carnival says water must be in a can?

Yes. They don't want you bringing water on but they do sell bottled water at a fair price. I think bottles are too easy to open, replace with liquor, then re-seal. Harder to do with cans.

I don't think celebrity has the can policy. Can bring on 2 bottles of wine and non-alcoholic drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From the Carnival website (bolding mine):

Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages onboard that are packaged in bottles.

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/category/~/before-you-board/~/luggage/c/398

To add to what Schmoo said , Carnival currently charges $4.50 for a case of 12 500 ML size bottles which is about what NCL charges for a single bottle . Actually a good deal .

:)

From the Carnival website (bolding mine):

Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages onboard that are packaged in bottles.

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/category/~/before-you-board/~/luggage/c/398

Ah okay, you can bring water in a carton as well. That makes more sense. Boxed water is much cheaper and much less rare.

What about the other lines? Can't seem to find anything anywhere about HAL and Princess' policies on bringing cans of soda.
HAL is a big fat no to both soda and water . Princess I believe allows you to bring on drinks and like the others , you must not pack it in your luggage . It must be checked in separately .

HAL is a big fat no to both soda and water . Princess I believe allows you to bring on drinks and like the others , you must not pack it in your luggage . It must be checked in separately .

Is that a recent change? We've brought 12 packs of soda on HAL a couple of times. In the open, hand carried, not in bags with no issues. Also purchased 2 liter soda in ports and brought onboard.

Disney you can also bring unlimited soda & water, but it must be in your carry on bags, not checked.

Is that a recent change? We've brought 12 packs of soda on HAL a couple of times. In the open, hand carried, not in bags with no issues. Also purchased 2 liter soda in ports and brought onboard.

Disney you can also bring unlimited soda & water, but it must be in your carry on bags, not checked.

OMG - What a dope . :o I meant NCL doesn't allow it . With HAL you are fine . Thanks