Royal won't take my money for five staterooms on Spring Break!!!

A question - we currently have two rooms booked. 1 adult and 1 teen (14 and 16) in each room. We want to add another room with 2 teens (14 and 15). . Am I not able to do this? I don't have any more adults to book in a room with them. My only other alternative is to not take them with us.

Room has to be next to yours, across from or connected to your room...

A question - we currently have two rooms booked. 1 adult and 1 teen (14 and 16) in each room. We want to add another room with 2 teens (14 and 15). . Am I not able to do this? I don't have any more adults to book in a room with them. My only other alternative is to not take them with us.

You have to call to do this, the website will not allow it.

Just book it how they are telling you too and then once on board go to guest services and switch things around or just get extra keys. Once on board they don't care who sleeps where.

Till there is a problem. They don't check up on you, but if there is an issue, they will point to the booking and potential lack of an adult in the cabin.

Now if they allow it if you call to book it, I would be doing that and not assume I am okay.

In my business there is never a problem till there is and then it is too late .

That's cool. We can do that. I was just starting to get the impression that it couldn't be done. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They will book children alone in a cabin if they are connecting with a parent. I'm travelling alone with my 3 kids and I've booked 2 connecting inside cabins.

You need to call to do this. Before I called I went on the costco site which showed me all available cabins of the class I was looking at. Then I could find 2 connecting cabins that were both available and in an area I wanted. When I called I just gave them the cabin numbers.

Adults must now be in a connecting stateroom. Just an FYI, many other cruise lines have adopted similar policies in the last few years.

So your options are:

1) Book the kids in a connecting stateroom

2) Book one adult in each of the rooms where you want the children to sleep, then have the children sleep in the staterooms you wish. This is not "breaking the rules" and is allowed, I think they just want to have a responsible adult assigned to each stateroom.

3) Book a different cruise line that will allow the configuration you want

Oh, and welcome to Cruise Critic :-)

I agree and this is not worth stressing over. I would not consider it breaking the rules when it is known it is done. We did the same last year with the grands, had two rooms booked, connecting rooms and children stayed in one and us the other, but was booked with one adult, one child per room. Just book it the way they want and enjoy your trip!

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/international-age-policy

"For voyages originating in North America:

No Guest younger than the age twenty-one (21) will be assigned to a stateroom unless accompanied in the same stateroom by an adult twenty-one (21) years old or older. A guest's age is established upon the first date of sailing.

This age limit will be waived for children sailing with their parents or guardians in connecting staterooms; for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military.

Certain other restrictions and conditions will apply; such as compliance with the age twenty-one (21) alcohol policy, and proof of marriage for underage couples or proof of active duty military status required."

I booked my 20 year old in room by herself not connected to us. I had no problems with RCI.

I had this problem back in April & May 2012...and RC refused to allow us to board! And there is a LONG thread here on CC entitled "Royal Kicked Us Off".

I booked the cruise on the phone with an RC booking man. (My TA at that time was on an RC cruise with her family that week.) Around the same time of my booking in April, unbeknownst to me, Inside Edition had done a BIG detailed report about Spring Break college students on RC cruises being fed liquor by staff bar persons, and that caused RC to crack down!!

What was my group? Hubby & I (grandparents) taking 1 granddaughter & 4 of her friends on a cruise for their high school graduation trip (all 17 & 18). We had previously taken 6 grandchildren on several cruises with no problems.

Apparently the RC booking man who booked it, wanted his commission real bad & put in 1 girl's birth year wrong to make it appear she was 22 or 23. He put 2 girls in 1 cabin all way far forward in end room, hubby & me in the next cabin, & 3 girls on other side of us. When I entered all the girls' info online, I noticed the wrong birth year & corrected it.

A couple weeks later 4 days before boarding day, I called RC concerning the prepaid accounts that the girls' parents were creating. I wanted to verify that girls could get back unspent funds at end of cruise. That was when I got put on a long hold & then "Resolutions" came on to tell me we would not be allowed to board.....RC did not offer us any opportunity to correct the situation, like getting a parent to go along. RC actually said you are welcome to drive to Port Canaveral, but we would be denied boarding.

Resolutions woman with RC accused me of booking this online & trying to sneak these girls on!! I spoke nice, I cried, I cursed, I screamed -- all to no avail!! RC said as an after-thought that they would return our money in 3-4 weeks!! RC accused me of booking this so these girls could drink, & said hubby & I would be irresponsible! Funny thing is that 4 out of the 5 went to Christian colleges & several are youth pastors or missionaries!

Then I had to find somewhere to take these 5 girls, & also tell these 5 girls the day before graduation of this problem. Finally found a condo to rent on Daytona Beach, where we had sun the whole 5 days.....and the cruise in Bahamas was lousy with rain & wind!!!

I have yet to understand why noone at RC called us about this & offered us a way to correct the situation. I got several calls from various RC people who were processing the cancellation & paperwork to send $$ back, and all asked "Why did you cancel?" to which I responded "I didn't, your company cancelled my cruise!" Even a woman in CEO's office called to get an explanation & continued to deny an RC booking agent had booked this cruise for me.

Edited by Cruisin Kay D