Free Parking. What a nightmare.

TommyTV

Bloody Royal Caribbean.

Booked for 27th Oct., which included free parking.

Got Docs yesterday, no mention of free parking.

25 minute phone call ensues.

"You should have booked AB parking by 11th"

Where does it say That?

"Page 3 of your invoice"

I have the invoice in front of me. No it doesn't. He can't find it either.

"Oh, just a minute" ........ 10 minutes on hold.

"It's £99 for parking"

No it isn't. I have the invoice in front of me and it says free parking both in the Invoice and added extras.

"Well we can give you $120 on board credit "

No, I want free parking or $150 OBC for the inconvenience.

"Oh, just a minute"....... 10 minutes on hold.

"We will ring AB and arrange parking"

I want an email to confirm.

"Don't worry, we'll get AB to call you"

So far, nothing.....

The story continues.

:mad:

That's the first time I've seen that page. Obviously if I'd seen it I would have done something about it.

There was absolutely no mention of it on the invoice, where you would think they would put it.

Even their rep. thought it was on page 3 of the Invoice.

They don't make it easy, particularly as the cruise documents didn't arrive until 12th, BT which time I'd missed a deadline I didn't know existed.

Catch 22 comes to mind.

If you had read the T&C on the website at the time, it does say it's your responsibility to book directly with AB Parking

http://www.cruisingpoweruk.co.uk/uploads/latest-offers_773_3573665955.pdf

Point 6 there

That's the first time I've seen that page. Obviously if I'd seen it I would have done something about it.

There was absolutely no mention of it on the invoice, where you would think they would put it.

Even their rep. thought it was on page 3 of the Invoice.

They don't make it easy, particularly as the cruise documents didn't arrive until 12th, BT which time I'd missed a deadline I didn't know existed.

Catch 22 comes to mind.

That link is to the TRAVEL AGENT'S site. How could you have been expected to see that? :o

When the offer was in place it clearly stated YOU needed to book the free parking by 11/09, if you didn't read the terms it is your problem not RC. I think RC are being generous offering to try and help or OBC which they don't have to. It is a business not a charity so be thankful.

When the offer was in place it clearly stated YOU needed to book the free parking by 11/09, if you didn't read the terms it is your problem not RC. I think RC are being generous offering to try and help or OBC which they don't have to. It is a business not a charity so be thankful.

Ok . I booked on 26th August whilst on board Navigator. I have the flyer which was delivered to our cabin, I have my invoices which were provided when i paid the deposit and confirmation emails. None of these state anything about booking by the 11th Sept. So how is it my responsibility to do so if I am not told. Therefore please do not shout at me, I am sure I will be sorted out one way or another

That link is to the TRAVEL AGENT'S site. How could you have been expected to see that? :o

It was also on the main UK Website T&C's at the time.. i've only referred to that link as it still exists on there and is a copy / paste of what was on on the main site at the time

Hi All

Well blow me down. True to their word, Royal Caribbean actually sorted out the parking. I sent an email to AB over the weekend, and got a call this morning from AB confirming that RC had been in touch, and parking was back in place.

I take everything back, they are just wonderful. (what a sycophant)

Martin

Hi All

Well blow me down. True to their word, Royal Caribbean actually sorted out the parking. I sent an email to AB over the weekend, and got a call this morning from AB confirming that RC had been in touch, and parking was back in place.

Martin

You're too funny. Glad it worked out for you.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hi All

Martin

Great outcome, and thanks for reporting back.:)