no longer loyal to royal

ukcats1996

Have you tried MSC, doc?

I did the status match. In my case my wife and I each received black card off our RCI Diamond status. We had our status match in about 3 days along with a PDF letter of our account number. They reduce your cabin rate by 5% (or more) when you are status matched as well.

I did the status match. In my case my wife and I each received black card off our RCI Diamond status. We had our status match in about 3 days along with a PDF letter of our account number. They reduce your cabin rate by 5% (or more) when you are status matched as well.

Thank you. Did you enjoy the cruise?

yes ukcats is for University of Kentucky. Didn't think that i needed to keep responding to all other comments. And as of today still fighting to get my refund. yes we have called and email the higher ups

I knew that. Spent lot of years at Ft Campbell and Ft Knox Kentucky.... Good luck on your situation.

Have you tried MSC, doc?

I have not. I've done a bit (minimal) research so far but have read reviews from long time posters here. It sounds interesting and I think I'd really enjoy being on a ship with an Italian speaking crew. As is typical with me, since vacation time is sparse, I often stick with the known that I enjoy rather than trying the unknown and rusk having it be a sub-par experience. RCI has not yet given me much reason to venture out.

I have not. I've done a bit (minimal) research so far but have read reviews from long time posters here. It sounds interesting and I think I'd really enjoy being on a ship with an Italian speaking crew. As is typical with me, since vacation time is sparse, I often stick with the known that I enjoy rather than trying the unknown and rusk having it be a sub-par experience. RCI has not yet given me much reason to venture out.

It may be an Italian line, but you will find all the crew speak English. Having cruised RCI a number of times, we find MSC a refreshing experience, and the overall costs are far less than RCI. Especially the cost of the cruise and drinks packages. Definitely worth giving it a go, you might be pleasantly surprised. :)

It may be an Italian line, but you will find all the crew speak English. Having cruised RCI a number of times, we find MSC a refreshing experience, and the overall costs are far less than RCI. Especially the cost of the cruise and drinks packages. Definitely worth giving it a go, you might be pleasantly surprised. :)

I know the crew speaks English but, I've been told, that Italian is their first language and I speak it fluently. That was the reason for my comment. I appreciate your thoughts on the matter. I suspect it is just a matter of time before I give them a try.

So we just cancelled our 5 future cruises with royal. We cancelled a drink package before our last cruise due to we switched ships a week before going out and purchased a new drink package which cost more money, royal was suppose to refund our money for the drink package we cancelled, so check my credit card and nope they didn't refund us. Called them about the refund and they said they didn't owe us a refund they took that money and put it on our new cruise (which they never did have invoice to prove it). I told they if u cancel a item from your cruise planner your suppose to be refunded. Then they have the nerve to send me a new invoice now showing I owe them over 500.00 dollars from my past cruise. Funny thing is if I owed them money they would have not let me on the cruise. Tired of royal taking our money and then never wanted to fix the problems so now searching for a new cruise line. ( I am also a diamond plus member)

Please be advised than any other line that employs humans is bound to encounter an issue from time to time. Just want you to know what you're getting into. Good luck with your search.

And as of today still fighting to get my refund. yes we have called and email the higher ups

Hopefully you will get it resolved. And that you will be patient since a vast majority of their employees - especially the ones higher up the food chain - have been dealing with a little issue of minor importance named Irma. You can let your credit card company know the charge is being disputed and you won't be charged interest in the interim.

Thank you, sir!

So we just cancelled our 5 future cruises with royal. We cancelled a drink package before our last cruise due to we switched ships a week before going out and purchased a new drink package which cost more money, royal was suppose to refund our money for the drink package we cancelled, so check my credit card and nope they didn't refund us. Called them about the refund and they said they didn't owe us a refund they took that money and put it on our new cruise (which they never did have invoice to prove it). I told they if u cancel a item from your cruise planner your suppose to be refunded. Then they have the nerve to send me a new invoice now showing I owe them over 500.00 dollars from my past cruise. Funny thing is if I owed them money they would have not let me on the cruise. Tired of royal taking our money and then never wanted to fix the problems so now searching for a new cruise line. ( I am also a diamond plus member)

You could gift that drink packages to another U.K. Fan, me. 😀

Seriously, I would be livid, may not vent on here, but sometimes mutual compassion helps.

I called RCCL regarding our upcoming cruise and could not understand a word the man said to me.

Keep calling, writing, emailing.

Cat fans alike...and good luck