no longer loyal to royal

ukcats1996

Funny I should come across this post. I've cruised 14 times with RCCL and have never had an accounting issue until now. They overcharged me for an upcoming booking and they can't seem to figure out how to resolve it. I spent hours with seven different people on the phone and each one admits the problem, but can't solve it. Several promised me it was solved and the money should appear in my account in a day or so. Never happened. And several others say they don't have the authority to fix it, but they know someone who does.

But to date, that next person hasn't solved it. I'm sure it will get resolved, but it feels completely unnecessary and stupid.

why does so many think you have to buy something before getting on the ship.buy it. after your own the ship.

Because it's cheaper to preourchase it

We cancelled a drink package before our last cruise...

due to we switched ships a week before going out...

and purchased a new drink package which cost more money,...

royal was suppose to refund our money for the drink package we cancelled,...

so check my credit card and nope they didn't refund us....:

they took that money and put it on our new cruise (which they never did have invoice to prove it).....

....send me a new invoice now showing I owe them over 500.00 dollars from my past cruise.

Ok.

You had cruise A. You got the beverage package.

Then you changed to cruise B a week before...cruise A? Or cruise B?

You bought a new beverage package for B.

You cancelled the beverage package for A.

So you were still going on A? Or you cancelled that then cancelled the cruise? I'm unclear there.

Royal put the money for the cancelled package towards cruise B?

You see no invoice about this. And I assume with what seems to be a last minute booking of B you paid in full?

You went on B. There was no random $455 OBC?

And now you're back from B and have been billed $500?

Hasn't there been an ongoing issue that changing beverage packages (because of cost) is causing a false invoice problem where it reprices things? Hasn't that been a frustrating but simple to fix situation?

You need a detailed breakdown of cruise B costs. They need to show you where the 455 went towards that.

Now if it was actually put towards one of the 5 you cancelled, that might be difficult.

But if I'm this confused trying to figure out what happened from your post here, I wonder if it's getting all confused while talking with Royal.

As s/he stated in another post, RC said that the extra 3 points would take longer to show up, because they must be posted manually, and RC has a lot to do right now.

:)

So, am I too pessimistic to think that either it won't happen or it won't happen without calling?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think you're being realistic.

And I think you should call.

I will call if I don't see it in a few weeks.I know a few others who called C&A to see if they got the same response as did, and we were all told we would get 10 points.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

we have been in contact with royal Caribbean on this issue and its been 2 weeks trying to resolve this and still they still tell me the same thing over and over. we have wrote emails to them also, this happen on 8/30/2017 and still 17 days in they are standing by that the don't owe us a refund for a drink package that we cancelled before the ship even set sail.

The same thing happened to us one time. After paying in full we still owed money and then another time after cancelling they owe us money. I dealt with them for two weeks and the called the legal department at headquarter. They saw exactly what I was trying to explainn to the agent on the phone and it was corrected. Someone from the Legat department called me back again to follow up and all done! It was a simple mistake but no one was taking the tome to listen

Getting money back from RCI is like flogging a dead horse.

I know my last direct interaction with RCI has been a couple of years ago, but the most pleasant experience I had was dealing directly with RCI when booking a cruise. We usually cruise with family and the organizing party usually uses a travel agent.

I changed my cabin several times before final payment and I switched excursions several times. I always had everything refunded and changed within 24 hours of my call. I have never had problems with refunds or credits from RCI.

And I only have Platinum status. No Diamond status to make anyone take notice of a tantrum if I decided to go that route.

Okay, I have to say something. I have been on RCCL numerous times, and when I had a problem with a booking, I just called my TA, and the issue was resolved. Maybe not exactly what I wanted, but enough to make me satisfied. I keep all my transactions clear for each cruise, so I can always verified what has been charged. Maybe with five (5) bookings and the complicated switches you made, something got lost.

No need to vent here, we cannot give you resolution. Maybe no one can.

Whatever you decide to do, remember it is a vacation.

I'm making an assumption here but based on the OP's name, perhaps they are a UK cruiser and they are dealing with RCCL international - which seems to have different policies and issues. Switching ships a week before cruising seems like a recipe for confusion. Two choices: Go up the management chain and get a satisfactory answer or resolution. Or throw a tantrum and cancel all your cruises. I know which one I'd pick.

I too have cruised my last royal cruise. I had a state emergency with Irma in Florida and they refused to make any type of help. All they are is capitalists looking to get whatever they can out of you. They are like vultures

Sent from my iPhone Forums

I also had issues due to Irma....but apparently my experience differ's from your's....I called Royal on Mon. Sept. 11th to cancel a cruise I was booked on leaving from Cape Liberty on the 14th, because Orlando Airport was closed & I was unable to make it to the ship....I was transferred to another dept. where the very nice lady told me because I was in an "impacted" area they would be refunding the taxes & fees back to my credit card...and issuing me a future cruise credit for the balance of the cruise fare. I thought that was more than fair & generous of them....the refund has already posted to my credit card....I expect the FCC to take a bit longer to arrive since I know there were many other folks in the same "boat" pun intended....

I'm making an assumption here but based on the OP's name, perhaps they are a UK cruiser and they are dealing with RCCL international - which seems to have different policies and issues. Switching ships a week before cruising seems like a recipe for confusion. Two choices: Go up the management chain and get a satisfactory answer or resolution. Or throw a tantrum and cancel all your cruises. I know which one I'd pick.

It's neither here nor there, but I'm pretty certain UK = University of Kentucky

Had a billing issue with my first and so far only RC cruise. Called up and spoke with about 5 people all told. They could see the issue, said it would be fine and was taken care of. Kept checking my account and still showed I owed an extra $100. Not much, but this was after final payment and I was afraid they would cancel my cruise.

After a few days and it still showed on my account, I sent an email to Mr. Bailey calmly explaining the issue without any threats and cussing. Within a few hours I was contacted by a rep of his who said he was assigned to my case. Fixed it in a short time, called me and apologized, gave me $100 OBC for my troubles. Can't not like that.

we have been in contact with royal Caribbean on this issue and its been 2 weeks trying to resolve this and still they still tell me the same thing over and over. we have wrote emails to them also, this happen on 8/30/2017 and still 17 days in they are standing by that the don't owe us a refund for a drink package that we cancelled before the ship even set sail.

We cancelled and rebooked several excursions and drinks when they went on sale. We were charged immediately for the new bookings, but the cancellations showed up on our credit card within 5 days. Definitely call.

I disagree. I applaud those who vote with their dollars when a policy or a customer service issue arises. I hate all the whining and complaining on here about how people hate the policies, and then they continue to book a bunch of cruises anyway. Good for you for actually taking your business elsewhere!!

Amen

:D :D Thanks guys - well then if it's the University, then the rant seems even more silly. OP hasn't been back to respond or correct in any case.

yes ukcats is for University of Kentucky. Didn't think that i beeded to keep responding to all other comments. And as of today still fighting to get my refund. yes we have called and email the higher ups