Where Are All of the "smaller" Ships?

LBeeE

I looked at all sailings March-Aug 2018, nearly everything from mainland US is on a mega ship with a few exceptions. Guessing they're sending the older "smaller" ships overseas, and primarily banking on US cruisers wanting to book on 5000-6000 passenger ships from here out? Have always loved royal, but, ehhh ... not excited about next year's offerings. While 2 of us would have no issues hopping a plane to PR for the southern sailings, it's a whole different story when you have to pay for a full family to fly. That's the cost of the cruise in airfare. Wish the new offerings were a bit more diverse. Would like to have access to at least 1 Vision or Radiance class ship. Any idea why they don't seem to be basing these in the US anymore?

I looked at all sailings March-Aug 2018, nearly everything from mainland US is on a mega ship with a few exceptions. Guessing they're sending the older "smaller" ships overseas, and primarily banking on US cruisers wanting to book on 5000-6000 passenger ships from here out? Have always loved royal, but, ehhh ... not excited about next year's offerings. While 2 of us would have no issues hopping a plane to PR for the southern sailings, it's a whole different story when you have to pay for a full family to fly. That's the cost of the cruise in airfare. Wish the new offerings were a bit more diverse. Would like to have access to at least 1 Vision or Radiance class ship. Any idea why they don't seem to be basing these in the US anymore?

Royal hasn't had smaller ships doing summer Caribbean sailings in years.

You're looking during the period of time when many of Royal's ships are in the Med. Check out November through March for smaller ships sailing from Tampa, Galveston, Ft. Lauderdale, and Miami.

Losing the Freedom from PC took away my diving in the Caribbean in the summer.

Not into the "big" girls and no CL anymore. Price not worth Jamaica, and Labadee.

SL and free internet makes Pinnacle nice. No Freedom set me back 9 months to Pinnacle. Should be next year. It is what it is. I cruise to dive and relax.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Rhapsody out of Tampa...:D