MSC SEASIDE. ANY Chages to itinerary?

bchbum4000

Here is the link:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/About-MSC/News/itinerary-weather-updates.aspx

Barbuda is all but abandoned at this time so we won't be going there.

I know right? Leave it to MSC to list an abandoned island, much better to just list Antigua.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

please ignore,just saw this was already posted above

MSC Seaside: December 23 – March 17, 2018

On her Eastern Caribbean itineraries departing from Miami, MSC Seaside will now call at St John (Antigua and Barbuda), instead of at Philipsburg (St Maarten).

So does this include cruises that sale 3/17/18 or just ones that end 3/17/18?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think there will be more changes once they realize, that Barbuda is devastated. No guarantees about Puerto Rico.

It doesn't matter if Barbuda is available. It's called "Antigua and Barbuda". I read somewhere that Old San Juan and the port wasn't as bad as the remainder of the island.

So does this include cruises that sale 3/17/18 or just ones that end 3/17/18?

I take it to mean the 3/17 sailing is included in the change. I'm on that one, so keeping a close eye on if/when my official itinerary changes.

Did everyone see the newest update on the itinerary for Seaside today? I was for sure they were going to change us to a western itinerary, but I guess they aren't. Here's what they have to say about the updated changes so far.

MSC Seaside: December 23 – March 17, 2018

On her Eastern Caribbean itineraries departing from Miami, MSC Seaside will now call at St John (Antigua and Barbuda), instead of at Philipsburg (St Maarten).

Seeing this for the first time...Im on the 3/17 sailing (which Im assuming is included?) . So instead of St.Maartin its ...which one? St. John? Antigua? or Barbuda?...surprised by Barbuda, my understanding was it was one of the most devastated places.

Seeing this for the first time...Im on the 3/17 sailing (which Im assuming is included?) . So instead of St.Maartin its ...which one? St. John? Antigua? or Barbuda?...surprised by Barbuda, my understanding was it was one of the most devastated places.

St. John's is the capital of Antigua and Barbuda.

Antigua is the island Seaside is docking at.

Antigua and Barbuda is the official name of the country.

St. John's is the capital of Antigua and Barbuda.

Antigua is the island Seaside is docking at.

Antigua and Barbuda is the official name of the country.

Thank you! Thats makes much more sense...Now If you'll excuse me, I have to call my old geography teacher and express my displeasure regarding my education :)

I think it can be confusing for some. As there are multiple St John/ St Johns. I can think of two in the caribbean and even one in Canada. All cruise & vacation destinations.

Actually, there are 2 in Canada.

St.John's, Newfoundland

St. John, New Brunswick

and a Fort St. John, B.C.

It doesn't matter if Barbuda is available. It's called "Antigua and Barbuda". I read somewhere that Old San Juan and the port wasn't as bad as the remainder of the island.

Old San Juan looks pretty good in the high-res NOAA imagery. As soon as power is back on and supplies aren't in shortage, they'll be open for business.

We're booked on the 1/27 Western sailing, so thankfully no more of our ports were changed. The exception was Costa Maya was a replacement for Ocean Caye. It was a bitter pill to swallow since Ocean Caye was one of the major reasons we decided on the Seaside, plus the fact that we were going to have a bit of the good life staying in the YC.

We were thinking about cancelling, but decided against it since the ship is the primary destination and this should be the thought process of those concerned about port changes. Just feel that you're lucky enough to be able to pay for a cruise and enjoy time with your significant other. It's certainly a better option than what many are experiencing in the Caribbean as well as Florida and Texas. Be thankful that you'll be able to enjoy the amenities of a beautiful new ship instead of worrying about how you're going to pick up the pieces of your life that was devastated by Mother Nature.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

We were thinking about cancelling, but decided against it since the ship is the primary destination and this should be the thought process of those concerned about port changes.

SNJ ... Travelling from where you are yes I get that, but when you are travelling from the UK and beyond the thought process then becomes is it worth Thousands of pounds/Dollars to go to the same places yet again regardless of the ship!

Sidari.... after having cruised the Caribbean 26 times over the years, the ship is the destination for us the majority of the time and we only get off maybe one or two ports to walk around. We'll be going to Stingray City in Grand Cayman just to burn some of the 400 in OBC we'll be getting.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Christmas on MSC Seaside – Dec. 23rd departure to Antigua and Barbuda, St. Thomas and the Bahamas

Cruisers have the unique opportunity of celebrating the holiday on board the hottest new ship to sail the Caribbean, MSC Seaside, as she sails her very first 7-night itinerary. With a revolutionary beach condo design and activities for all ages, MSC Seaside will make the holiday truly unique as guests find their sun-lover’s paradise. During Christmas, guests can kick off the voyage with an embarkation photo with Santa and his elves. Once aboard, MSC Seaside will be dripping in festive holiday décor, with sparkling lights and decorations and stunning Christmas trees. For a complete holiday experience, guests will hear traditional Christmaas carols throughout the ship; a Broadway-style festive show; live musicians playing holiday music in the atrium, a special tree lighting ceremony in the evening with Gluhwein, hot cocoa, eggnog and Christmas cookies; holiday gifts delivered to each stateroom; holiday themed games including trivia, bingo, karaoke; seasonal Christmas movies played on an outdoor jumbo screen; and more. On Christmas Day, Santa will even arrive by one of the zip lines on the ship! A Christmas mass will also be available on board. (Please note that the new itinerary will be updated on the website momentarily.)

The holidays are about more than just good spirit in the air, and MSC Cruises will delight with special culinary creations for its guests. Guests will savor a special Christmas Eve Gala dinner, including roast turkey, panettone, yule log, and Christmas lunch offering all of the holiday specialties as well as festive cocktails served throughout the cruise such as the Christmas Star, made using a mixture of limoncello and Prosecco, and the Snowflake, made with dark rum and fresh banana. Prices start at $958 per person*.