When You Find Out The Cruise Director and other Names

Bootman4U

What DO you do? Cancel? Breathe a sigh of relief?

Same thing with menus.

Do you do all of this before or after your so-called "drop dead day?"

BTW, do any of these things ever change?

Thank you.

Captain/CD/Staff names: "Oh, that's cool".

Menus: "Ooo, that looks good.... hm this night seems a little meh, this would be a good candidate nitght to use my SDP, may have to re-arrange my reservations on board... oh man, we HAVE to do Cagneys"

Timing: I do this basically on and off between putting down my deposit and embarkation day.

Changes: Oh yeah, these things change all the time, especially in the long time between deposit and sailing.

I don't mind knowing who the HD and concierge is because they definitely can make a sailing better. Of course officers change out but it is a little like reading a weather report knowing what vibe to expect. With the great hd's you really notice a difference onboard. The vibe of the staff, the service, the quality of meals... I have never gotten to know anyone senior on any level other than hello or help me with this problem sort of thing but if you have an issue as I recently did, it sure was helpful the hd was always visible and I knew him by face enough to approach him. He fixed our problem immediately and it turned around our vacation. I only knew who to approach because he was the same hd last year and was always visible then. Had he not been standing out in the open right at the exact moment that my husband was ready to pack his bags and debark our sailing in Reykjavik, we'd have lost out on the 2nd half of our cruise, which the hd made perfect. Otherwise, I could care less who the staff are in advance. We've always had really good luck with most staff onboard being great, which is one of the main reasons we continue to cruise NCL. I suppose many would like to know who the cd is because some of them are particularly funny. I remember some that were hysterical but couldn't tell you their names now.

I make zero effort to find out who the Cruise Director or other officers are on my cruise. They have very minimal effect on my cruising experience. Menus are pretty much going to be the same as my other cruises so I don't pay much attention to them either. I know that no matter what I'm going to find good food somewhere on the ship on any given day.

It makes no difference to me who the CD or staff members are.

What DO you do? Cancel? Breathe a sigh of relief?

Same thing with menus.

Do you do all of this before or after your so-called "drop dead day?"

BTW, do any of these things ever change?

Thank you.

I could care less, what is it we people and needing to know who the CD or HM is. I just don't understand, on 8 cruises we had one great and really nice CD, that was Sinan?......spelling. All the rest most of the time are just loud and obnoxious

I think a cruise and assistant director can add to the fun of a cruise.

I was on a Princess cruise where both were great and were constantly visible and made each event fun . Great sense of humour and fun people, both of them, one was from England the other from Australia.

Last year I was on the Getaway, for a Western Caribbean cruise where both were more interested in partying themselves than entertaining passengers.

Did it have any real affect on enjoying the cruise, not in the least. It was one of the best cruises, good food, great entertainment, beautiful places visited, I was with my son , what more could I want.

Booked the same Getaway cruise for this coming March again, don't really care who the Cruise Director is, that is the least of my concerns.