Daily Charges.....

Ethel5

In the past, Princess was getting an authorization for each day's charges. But they didn't use them-at the end of the cruise, they would simply charge the entire cruise thus leaving all the still active authorizations hanging and tying up your money until the bank released them. Are they still doing this?

In the past, Princess was getting an authorization for each day's charges. But they didn't use them-at the end of the cruise, they would simply charge the entire cruise thus leaving all the still active authorizations hanging and tying up your money until the bank released them. Are they still doing this?

Yes they are.

Donna are you using a debit card?

I think their procedure is still the same. I use a CC.......

I have never had an issue with pending charges and holds.

Never thought twice about them until I read all the issues here on CC.

I still don't worry about them. When I get home by the time I think about them they are gone.

I will never pay anything before the cruise. OBC!!!

Princess uses these checks for early detection of issues.

For instance, one cruise we bought some expensive items onboard whose cost exceeded the credit limit on our credit card of record. Princess was able to detect this mid cruise, and we were able to resolve the situation in a relaxed manner. Had they waited until the final statement, it would have been a high stress situation to wait in line at the Purser's desk to resolve the issue and make our flight home.

Checking credit during the cruise is a good business practice that helps alleviate stress at the end of the cruise.

Princess only places daily holds when your on board account has a positive balance. You can avoid holds by depositing cash at passenger services to maintain a credit balance. If you use a credit card you should not find any issues after the cruise. If you use a debit card the money will be held up until your bank clears the holds. Different banks take different amounts of time for this process. It is normally recommended that credit cards be used for travel.