Area Code 305 Miami Call

RWolver672

Phone rang yesterday. Looked at caller ID and it said Miami Call, 305-829-7054. First thought - Upsell or Upgrade on one of our next booked cruises. I couldn't answer that phone fast enough.

Answered the phone and it was one of those stupid phone calls about getting our credit card at a cheaper rate. What a let-down. I hate how they can use any number they choose to show up on caller IDs. We've even had those calls come in as a local number.

Yup, they have the ability to change their actual phone number to almost any other number. One of them actually used my cell number to call someone then that person started hounding me and cussing me out. I explained that I never called him but he wouldn't have it and called me a liar as well. Sucks.

Yes it is. That do not call list is a joke.

And just when I thought it could not get any worse, yesterday phone rings and caller ID says unknown caller.

For some reason pick it up and say hello and caller asks if I speak Spanish.

Said no and he asks if anyone else here does.

Just what the world needs is spam phone calls in more than one language:mad::mad:

And just when I thought it could not get any worse' date=' yesterday phone rings and caller ID says unknown caller.

For some reason pick it up and say hello and caller asks if I speak Spanish.

Said no and he asks if anyone else here does.

Just what the world needs is spam phone calls in more than one language:mad::mad:[/quote']

I think the reason for that call was to get you to say the word "Yes", they record these calls and then use your "yes" in a made up recording,to have you verbally agree to new credit cards, loans etc, which they have shipped to a different address

I received a call like the OP from the same area my cruise was going out of. So I did answer it thinking the same thing "UPGRADE:D", to only find out it was a spam call:(. What was surprising was it was not a digital voice she was real:eek:. This foreign lady must have called several times that week I just hung up every time except the last one. The last time she called I was waiting, and this is how it went. Every time she would speak I would say (in my best robot voice...LoL) "Hello, how are you"? She would say "fine sir, what I am calling about is the percentage rating on your current credit card". I then would start over saying (robot voice again) "Hello, how are you"? she would say "fine sir" and then her opening line again. It took her 6 times before she hung up on me:mad:.....LMFAO. So for the record if you get a real person this is how to stop them from calling, she never called again.

I think the reason for that call was to get you to say the word "Yes", they record these calls and then use your "yes" in a made up recording,to have you verbally agree to new credit cards, loans etc, which they have shipped to a different address

The proper answer to "can you hear me?" on a phone call that you don't know yet who's calling is "who are you trying to reach?" Don't EVER say "yes".