The "Ultimate Dining Package" is new to us!

Trainman-2

I am curious to how long RCI has been offering it.

The screen capture below is for our 11 night Southern Caribbean Cruise on the Serenade on Dec 4th.

Dining_zps2ltybbpc.jpg

Fortunately for us we also enjoy the Windjammer and sometimes the MDR so we can afford not to pay our all of this money to eat in a specialty restaurant every night.

Hi Trainman, love your reviews. :)

The ultimate dining package has been around for at least the last several months. It is still pretty new.

It’s a good deal if you enjoy specialty restaurants but aren’t picky about what times you eat since you can’t book the times and restaurants in advance. You can only book night one in advance, and then you have to wait until you board the ship to reserve the other restaurants and times. You also have to really love specialty dining!

I booked the package for my upcoming cruise and ended up cancelling it because I wanted more control over the times, and I knew I would not want to eat in a specialty restaurant every single night. I enjoy the windjammer for dinner on occasion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has not been offered long, pretty sure it was not offered for our April cruise, we really like specialty restaurants and had 5 night package last couple of cruises, but thought of having lunch and dinner in specialty same day is just too much food for me, we do suites so we already get breakfast in specialty

We took advantage of the package during our 12 British Isles cruise this summer and loved being able to enjoy sampling more on the menus of the specialty restaurants over several days than we would had we just reserved one or two days. We're planning to partake again on both upcoming cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I feel like I've already paid for my meals and the high prices at the specialty restaurants don't seem to take this into account.

The cruise lines spend around $12pp per day for all your food, that's 3 meals and snacks so there is not much that they can deduct from the cost of the specialty restaurants.

I did this once on a Celebrity cruise. Every meal for a week was in a specialty restaurant. I loved it but am pretty sure I went up a dress size. My hubby said never again, just too much rich food.

Well, we were recently on the Oasis and had six dinners in Coastal Kitchen and my birthday dinner at Giovanni's. It was perfect. Never went to MDR or Windjammer for a meal. That to me is a great cruise.