Welcome in Quebec City !

holacanada

Hi fellow cruisers,

Nine cruise ships were moored in Quebec City at the same time today, at the heart of the busiest weekend in the port's tourist history.

First, the Rottedam !

The Viking Sea (Norway), Seabourn Quest (Bahamas), Pearl Mist (Marshall Islands), Aidadiva (Italy) and Celebrity Summit (Malta) arrived on Saturday. They joined the Queen Mary 2 (United Kingdom), Norwegian Dawn and Silver Whisper (Bahamas), docked since Thursday or Friday, for a total of 16,700 passengers and crew at the same time in Quebec City.

WOW ! With the beautiful days we have actually in Quebec City. Welcome you all !

Holacanada from... la belle ville de Québec !

Hi fellow cruisers,

Nine cruise ships were moored in Quebec City at the same time today, at the heart of the busiest weekend in the port's tourist history.

First, the Rottedam !

The Viking Sea (Norway), Seabourn Quest (Bahamas), Pearl Mist (Marshall Islands), Aidadiva (Italy) and Celebrity Summit (Malta) arrived on Saturday. They joined the Queen Mary 2 (United Kingdom), Norwegian Dawn and Silver Whisper (Bahamas), docked since Thursday or Friday, for a total of 16,700 passengers and crew at the same time in Quebec City.

WOW ! With the beautiful days we have actually in Quebec City. Welcome you all !

Holacanada from... la belle ville de Québec !

Where did they all dock? Did some go down to the Navy dock?

Where did they all dock? Did some go down to the Navy dock?

They dock all in line from Old Port to Sillery (approx. 4 km long stetch) (docks 18 to 22).

The QM2 had the best position, just in front of the Chateau Frontenac up the hill. One of them is also dock in front of Quebec City, at the Quai Paquet in Lévis.

Holacanada

Wow, I sure hope there won't be that many the day we will be there (Oct. 8). :eek: I seem to have lost the website that tells us...can someone post it here?

Love Quebec City!!

Port of Quebec City - October the 8

Veendam

Seven Seas Mariner

A total of 1966 PAX (estimated)

Followed by the Zuiderdam on October the 9th !

Holacanada

Have Fun in Quebec City !!

Veendam

Seven Seas Mariner

Holacanada

We visited Quebec City for the first time in early September 2016 - fabulous city and people! We each bought an ice cream in the Market - never seen an ice cream so large! I've just about digested it now, so perhaps time to return for a second one ... :D

Veendam

Seven Seas Mariner

Holacanada

Thank you for the help and the welcome! (I did find the website now, it's on the spreadsheet for our cruise!-- I guess I'm operating in pre-cruise absent-minded mode) ;)

Wow, I sure hope there won't be that many the day we will be there (Oct. 8). :eek: I seem to have lost the website that tells us...can someone post it here?

Love Quebec City!!

I believe there are a couple, but here is the one I have bookmarked.

Cruise TT : Your Cruise Ship And Port Timetable - Select A Port http://ports.cruisett.com

We were in Quebec for Zuiderdam's 9/20 sailing (not a full load - probably 1,800 pax), only Ponant Le Soleal (285 passengers ) was there as well. The city was mobbed - of course most were land visitors, but an extra 15,000 or so cruise passengers would have made it grim - the old city is not that large.