Breakaway arrival to NYC...

mina518

Great!!! Thanks so much. Trying to plan out times so I can schedule our van service.
Debarkation is a process that varies in timing. Sometimes it takes an hour, sometimes way longer. I suggest you give your van service a heads up about that and or tell them you will call them when it gets close to the time you will be disembarking.

we are sailing on the breakaway in a few weeks. If I'm reading correctly it looks like we arrive to NYC at 8am. What time can guest start getting off the ship? Thanks

If you are able to reasonably carry all of your luggage yourself down the gangway, through the terminal, down into the baggage hall, and through customs, the no later than 8:00. The ship is usually early.

If you go around 8:30-9:00, the line to get down into customs is long and they will not allow you to enter the area (you line up in the terminal hallway before the escalators for 30+ minutes.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debarkation is a process that varies in timing. Sometimes it takes an hour, sometimes way longer. I suggest you give your van service a heads up about that and or tell them you will call them when it gets close to the time you will be disembarking.

You are absolutely correct and this is excellent advice.

I would allow extra time, particularly as some companies will charge more money if they wait for a long time and by having the phone numbers it will be easier to find them as they can't park right outside the terminal area.

Keith

We did self assist, took off as soon as they made the announcement, and were on the street by 8:03. If you don't go the second they announce, you could be in for quite a long wait judging from the crowd that grew behind us and reports from others on here.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

There was a report recently that Breakaway is trying to reduce the chaos that is self-disembark. Last fall we found a line that stretched the length of the ship. Once they started, it was a half hour for us and longer for others. I think more and more people are doing this instead of sending their luggage out the night before. Now they are issuing color coded timed window tags for self-disembark to try to space the crowd out.

Opposite end of the question, if you can walk off with all your (or not even if someone knows the answer) things- what is the latest you can get off the ship if your in no rush?

around 10 or so when they call the last color tag for the people who put out their luggage

Thank you!!! We won't be doing self disembark because there are too many of us...10. We just wait for our number/color to be called.

Has anyone driven in and parked at the terminal? If so, what is the cost and was it too chaotic?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums