Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Ship to Homeport in New Orleans

LauraS

I tried to check with online TA about a sailing from NYC on Jan 2 2019. They still have the Breakaway as the ship. and I get an error message when I click on it. Any idea when they will update the ship so I can check on the sailing. I do not want to call them as I am very early in my process. I also have a res. on the Bliss the same time. Going to try and talk my son into going But I need all the facts so he can make up his mind.

Insulted that NCL would choose to post this change which is more than a year from now while those of us who have reservations for cruises in less than 5 weeks have not yet been notified of what our itinerary will be.

Seriously? Insulted? The Breakaway does not have an itinerary change for cruises sailing in "less than 5 weeks". Or do you just want to randomly complain about another cruise or about NCL in an article about the repositioning of the Breakaway?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I tried to check with online TA about a sailing from NYC on Jan 2 2019. They still have the Breakaway as the ship. and I get an error message when I click on it. Any idea when they will update the ship so I can check on the sailing. I do not want to call them as I am very early in my process. I also have a res. on the Bliss the same time. Going to try and talk my son into going But I need all the facts so he can make up his mind.

Hopefully, the pricing should be lower to reflect the downgrade from the Breakaway to the Gem. Big difference between these 2 ships and what they offer on board.

MARAPRINCE

Insulted that NCL would choose to post this change which is more than a year from now while those of us who have reservations for cruises in less than 5 weeks have not yet been notified of what our itinerary will be.

i have a feeling there is two different departments that handle these kind of requests. One department handles the ports and schedule, one department does the marketing analysis to figure out where ships go and so on. They are still planning and working bookings, thats why nothing is officially posted utnil the end of this month.

I was thinking the same thing! Priorities, please NCL!! ;p

The itinerary has changed. I am assuming it's due to the size of the ship. Our Wednesday stop at Roatan has been changed to Belize City, Belize, Some dates have lost that port and have a sea day instead. I would prefer Roatan, but it's not a biggie.

Steve

Seriously Puppy?????

First, the cruise line is trying to keep your original itineraries intact. Many ports are pushing to open sooner.

Second, you just don't drive your ship done the road and pick a spot to drop anchor.

On our cruise last week, we got a final itinerary about 50 hours before departure moving from Bermuda to Halifax to avoid the storms. And we were perfectly fine with the late notification. Gave us time to pull the snorkels and water shoes out of the suitcase.

My family and I are booked 2/24/19 - 3/3/19 on the Gem in a two bedroom family suite. We haven't been notified yet and I do not believe this type of cabin is available on the Breakaway. I guess it will be interesting to see what they offer?

My family and I are booked 2/24/19 - 3/3/19 on the Gem in a two bedroom family suite. We haven't been notified yet and I do not believe this type of cabin is available on the Breakaway. I guess it will be interesting to see what they offer?

i think the The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa Stateroom is the similar cabin type on the breakaway

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Breakaway's 7-Day Bahamas & Florida sailings from New York of November 17, 24; December 1, 8 and 15, 2018; January 12, 19, 26; February 2, 9, March 16, April 13 and 20, 2019. All guests booked on these sailings need to be aware of this change and travel professionals are asked to forward this information to their clients.

We are making an update to our 2018/19 deployment, to offer our guests an exciting opportunity to sail from New Orleans to Caribbean destinations on one of the line's newest and largest ships. Norwegian Breakaway will reposition from New York to New Orleans for her winter 2018/19 season and offer 7, 10 and 11-day cruises to the Caribbean. We are also repositioning Norwegian Escape for her summer 2018 through spring 2019 seasons to sail from New York where she will be sharing the Manhattan homeport with the recently refurbished Norwegian Gem. As a result of these realignments, Norwegian Breakaway sailings of November 17; 24; December 1; 8 and 15, 2018; January 12, 19, 26, February 2, 9, March 16, April 13 and 20, 2019 have been cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i think the The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa Stateroom is the similar cabin type on the breakaway
I think you are correct. I'd be very surprised if they move us from a suite to haven. I guess I'll call CAS tomorrow to see if I can get more information.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Breakaway's 7-Day Bahamas & Florida sailings from New York of November 17, 24; December 1, 8 and 15, 2018; January 12, 19, 26; February 2, 9, March 16, April 13 and 20, 2019. All guests booked on these sailings need to be aware of this change and travel professionals are asked to forward this information to their clients.

We are making an update to our 2018/19 deployment, to offer our guests an exciting opportunity to sail from New Orleans to Caribbean destinations on one of the line's newest and largest ships. Norwegian Breakaway will reposition from New York to New Orleans for her winter 2018/19 season and offer 7, 10 and 11-day cruises to the Caribbean. We are also repositioning Norwegian Escape for her summer 2018 through spring 2019 seasons to sail from New York where she will be sharing the Manhattan homeport with the recently refurbished Norwegian Gem. As a result of these realignments, Norwegian Breakaway sailings of November 17; 24; December 1; 8 and 15, 2018; January 12, 19, 26, February 2, 9, March 16, April 13 and 20, 2019 have been cancelled.

Answered my question about what ships will be in NY, thanks so much.

I have to wonder if the Breakaway will fill from New Orleans.

So basically this is an admission that NCL can't compete with RCL & Carnival out of Miami.

Keep raising your prices & fees NCL and you'll price yourself out of the other markets as well...

so they have switched from NYC to NOLA, what the heck does that have to do with Miami? This is probably a win, win for NCL.