Today is 2 weeks and still nothing

Smong

Breakaway December 3 from NYC is a 12 day that had 4 ports we can't visit as of now. We got our new schedule late last week and it shows in the systems as of Monday. Excursions are only populated for one port.

For comparison to others out of NYC, We got all 3 of the Florida/Bahamas ports, and a few more.

Original: San Juan, St. Thomas, Tortola, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Kitts.

New: Port Canaveral, Great Stirrup Cay, Nassau, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios.

A lot of us are unhappy at getting all 3 of the ports from the usual 7 day Bahamas cruise. We've all done it... multiple times for many. They could have put in Barbados and St. Lucia instead and still visited Antigua and St. Kitts. And San Juan would be ready. A lot of us would have canceled if not past final payment.

I'm on the Gem December 12, and still waiting. Looks like the big ships went western. They need fully functioning ports for those 4,000 passenger ships.

We saw shore excursions added for St. Kitts, so we are hoping that means we are still going east, like the Dawn. Although all these ports are giving very optimistic dates, NCL must have figured that St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Tortola need more time.

Although there is no rush for us, it would be nice to know where the heck we are going..

In our case, 02/02/18 Breakaway 14 night from NYC, my only worry is that by waiting too long any ports in the Southern Caribbean that have space now might get reserved before NCL makes the move and we wind up in Canaveral or the Bahamas rather than the general area we were expecting to visit..

STILL WAITING

bosco

December is a long way off for the cruise lines. Its a herculean effort that they have to pull off. I am scheduled to leave on the Norwegian Jade out of Miami on November 6 for a 10 day cruise to 6 ports 4 of which are closed. After doing some detective work and with the help of others on these boards looks like we are heading to the caymans, jamaica and the ABC islands. No official confirm. I realize we are all anxious to know our revised itineraries but we need to be patient. The cruise lines will make the best decisions possible.

i thought all eastern cruises out of fla were changed to western for the rest of the year??

Although there is no rush for us, it would be nice to know where the heck we are going..

In our case, 02/02/18 Breakaway 14 night from NYC, my only worry is that by waiting too long any ports in the Southern Caribbean that have space now might get reserved before NCL makes the move and we wind up in Canaveral or the Bahamas rather than the general area we were expecting to visit..

STILL WAITING

bosco

We should know by the end of the day.......I hope!

So frustrating not knowing where we are going. Does anyone have any info on nyc gem sailings for November?
can understand your wanting to know, but I am sure when NCL knows you will be notified. There are only so many islands available, many ships needing to be re-routed and still questions about which islands will be able to take tourists in the next few months.

We should know by the end of the day.......I hope!

Well, don't hold your breath. :mad:

In the continuing process of over promising and under delivering, NCL reps are now saying, "by the end of the month." That's for 2/2/18 BA.

Well, don't hold your breath. :mad:

In the continuing process of over promising and under delivering, NCL reps are now saying, "by the end of the month." That's for 2/2/18 BA.

im leaving in a month!! they better know before the end of the month! :o

So frustrating not knowing where we are going. Does anyone have any info on nyc gem sailings for November?

My DH and myself are on the GEM for Nov. 11th. I know it's still more than a month away but not knowing is hard. .

I'm on the 11 day Jade out of NY on the 26th and we have not received any info about SJ, P changing...makes no difference to us. We'd love to go and see the City (only port on this ITN we haven't been to yet) and spend some money to help their economy but we realize they may not be functioning at all, yet. We have 5 port days, 5 sea days and Drink packages...one more sea day would be fine with us. Any time on a boat at sea is a good day for us...they can dock wherever they want :D