Does Princess Serve Meat Loaf in the Horizon Court or MDR?

need2cruisesoon

I am a big fan of meat loaf.

Smothered in brown gravy and those mixed vegetables. Yummy.

I love a good meat loaf. My mother never made it, nor did any one else in our family while I was growing up. My DH doesn't like it, so I don't make it either. So, if I were to see it on Princess, most times I would try it.

I am a big fan of meat loaf.

Smothered in brown gravy and those mixed vegetables. Yummy.

My only experience with Princess chefs in the buffet serving meatloaf, was on a Hawaiian cruise on the Star Princess aka the sausage ship. The left over hot dogs from the grill were reinvented and placed inside a meatloaf. Yep, that left over hot dog was shoved down the middle of a meatloaf and served hot on the buffet line. The next day, the cold meatloaf/hot dog was served cold on the salad line. How ingenious and economical to stretch that hot dog! In the morning, the breakfast buffet was loaded with sausage dishes. I'm pretty sure that Princess got a deal on sausage. For lunch it was the same venue, sausage dishes galore! Thus I have labeled the Star Princess the sausage ship. No meatloaf/hot dog/sausage for me - I'm done with it.:eek:

Ahh...my mom and dad’s favorite meal of the week in the MDR on the last day of most 7 day and 10 day Caribbean Cruise....Roast Tom Turkey and all the trimmings for Mom and the Meatloaf for Dad.

They had to retire from cruising 3 years ago due to health, but DW and I order it to continue a wonderful memory. And, to take a picture to share with them when we get home. Still brings a Smile!

Paul

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’ve seen it on the menu and tried it once. Awful. A grey mess with gravy masking the awfulness. I will never, ever order it again.

Oh no, that bad. Like I said in one of my other post, I don't get to eat it at home. I never knew what meat loaf was growing up. I had meatballs and lots of good Italian food growing up from an Italian mother. My DH is Italian, so more Italian food. But he will try new things (sometimes). Lots of cooking in my home!

So, every couple of years I might get to eat meatloaf somewhere.

Pam, I will have to see it on someones plate before I order it now.

On the last night of our recent Emerald cruise, they had both meatloaf and turkey in the MDR. And waiters in stars and stripes vests. It was kind of an All-American night. I think this is a fairly common final menu.

Jim

Pam, I will have to see it on someones plate before I order it now.
Food is always subjective and meatloaf is one of those “home style” dishes that you like the way your mother made it. So, one’s idea of meatloaf is as varied as there are cooks.

My Mom made it with seasoned bread crumbs, lots of Italian seasoning, and mixed both chili sauce and ketchup in with a thick coating of tomato paste on top. Never any gravy. Heck, she didn’t make gravy for anything other than turkey at Thanksgiving.

That said, the Princess meatloaf was literally grey and tasteless with no seasoning and some sort of gravy. It was very unappetizing to me but might appeal to others as it’s more like what they’re familiar with.