Getaway, cancelled port while in board.. Compensation?

m3tpe

My “man on the ship” said the Getaway was late getting out of St Pete due to high winds. He also said that we were lucky last week with beautiful weather (we cruised on the Sept. 19 sailing). On previous reviews of this itinerary, it has been noted that ports have been missed several times due to the weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Seminole1975

With all these major credit cards like chase sapphire reserve or Amex Plat, are there any travel interruption insurance that is claimable?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Skipping a port is not considered trip interruption.

You are correct not fileable under trip interruption. But with Nationwide Choice or Luxury policies, it is port inconvenience if the port is cancelled or you are late 3 or more hours. It pays $250 per person. If the port is cancelled before the ship sails on embarkation day, you would get back $750pp with Choice and $1250pp with the Luxury policy. The rest of the policy is just like normal travel insurance.

Call credit card for dispute?

If you call your credit card for a dispute you will be committing fraud. You have received the services NCL is obligated to provide for you. You missed a port, life happens. As others have said, you'll get port fees and taxes back. Move on.

I was thinking the same thing. I am not quite sure where people get some of their ideas. As for missing, of course it is disappointing; when we missed Newfoundland we were all so disappointed. It was one of the ports many of us were looking forward to, but it didn't ruin our cruise or leave us wanting any type of a refund. Yes. our port charge refund showed up on our final statement. I will add one thing NCL did for us that day was open the bar for free drinks for an hour. I have never seen so many people consume so much in 60 minutes. People were order 3 and 4 drinks per person all at once. I wonder if these were the same ones that were expecting something more than the port charges refunded?

Be glad you missed helsinki and not another port like our cruise on the 23rd... We missed Stockholm and that was a real bummer. We got our port fees and taxes back.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yes, but they missed getting to eat reindeer meat open faced sandwiches in the market, which is kind of cool.

I agree with everyone else, according to the terms of your cruise contract, ports can be skipped or substituted without compensation.

Edited by terry&mike
copy

Hey

This is the first time where we were in a cruise and the company decides to cancel the port. We're currently doing the Baltic from Copenhagen. On day 2 of St. Petersburg the ship was suppose to set sail around 7. The ship never departed. Didn't receive a daily freestyle paper. Called front desk to find out Helsinki Port was cancelled. Nothing was offered on board. They say no compensation for port cancellation. There also wasn't a proper paper notice of the reason to why it was cancelled. Weather was a bit spotty, light rains. It didn't seem bad enough to not be able to sail.

Anything I can get out of NCL? Call credit card for dispute?

Normally you aren't entitled to anything beyond port fees.

But since you are special, we like the cut of your jib, and we are terrified of your credit card dispute threat, on your next cruise with us we will offer compensation in the form of all the air you can breathe.