Would you cancel FTTF?

CRUISERMOMX3

I purchased FTTF when I first booked my December cruise, but I'm not sure I will need it. I was given an early boarding time, there are no tendered ports, and I rarely go to guest services. I do not have a flight to catch so I do not need priority debarkation. Has anyone ever canceled their FTTF?

You can if you wish. Just remember, even though you have an early check-in time, you will not be able to access your cabin until around 1:30 without FTTF. I would mention that you wouldn't have expedited luggage delivery, but that rarely seems to happen anyway.

I would absolutely cancel FTTF (there may be others who do need and want it too- as another reason to cancel yours). You outlined exactly why you do NOT need it......you can take the extra $$ and use it for something FUN on the ship!! LOL

Use this info how you will, but the last time we purchased FTTF we didn't realize that our Platinum benefits would kick in for that particular cruise. Once I realized we'd get Platinum benefits I canceled FTTF, but they still gave us the FTTF stickers and had our S&S cards were separated out with the FTTF group. In our case it didn't matter because FTTF benefits are just a subset of Platinum benefits, but I don't know if they've fixed that system or not.

Only you can decide if you should cancel FTTF. Generally this has more to do with your spending comfort. If you don't care to get to your cabin early and you are going to "think" about the cost/money wasted, then by all means, cancel it.

Personally, I enjoyed doing self-assist boarding with our luggage and FTTF. Walk straight to cabin, unpack and get on with it. No waiting for luggage or cabin later, etc. But that's for you to decide.

Fttf also comes in handy when you have to see Guest Services. You often don't plan on seeing them but then need to see them for some odd reason. We had to see guest services to address some excursions last year and we're very thankful that we had fttf as the regular Guest Services line was very long.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Forums mobile app

Fttf also comes in handy when you have to see Guest Services. You often don't plan on seeing them but then need to see them for some odd reason. We had to see guest services to address some excursions last year and we're very thankful that we had fttf as the regular Guest Services line was very long.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Forums mobile app

As a Platinum cruiser, I always enjoy the stink-eye when I cut to the front to see guest services. :D

Remember early boarding time doesn't mean early boarding... Pending on the port and the time you get there you could be in the first line of the first slot or the last.

We just upgraded to a suite on our next cruise so there are a lot of the same perks if not better but we kept our FTTF for... Early access to the Cabin, Luggage and Line at GS. We almost never use the line either but it's great to have if you need something quick or have a question.

Can't go wrong either way really!

We also seldom need guest services. Other than once needing a new room key, we have always been able to go at an odd time...perhaps on the way to dinner or in the evening, when lines are often lacking. We also phone from the cabin for simple questions....they seem to man the phone well. Fttf has not been seen as necessary for us.

As a platinum, you have your own completely separate line, so there is no cutting or stink eyes to see. Anyone in the same line with you obviously has the same privilege.

Oh there's plenty of stink-eye. By "cutting" I mean using the Platinum line.

Sounds like me, don't need it, won't pay for it. Got off ship today. Never went to guest services. No tender ports, got 11AM check in time, we drive to port. As chance would have it, and USUALLY does, we had our luggage at our room and fully unpacked before muster drill, so FTTF would have done virtually nothing for me. Much better uses for the money. Carnival created demand out of nothing, for virtually nothing.

How much will you pay to cut a line on vacation? Now ask yourself, do you even know how long the line is?

Got to port 11:05 and dropped luggage, got into parking garage 11:13. Was upstairs in waiting area w zone 12 by 11:35. Walked on to ship slightly before 12:00PM. We did online check in so at the port once we went through security just waited for zone to be called. I can't imagine what FTTF would have done for us. Since we drive in we wait for Miami rush hour to die down (and still hit some traffic); not much I could do to be there before 10:45 anyways. Maybe I'd have gotten on ship 10 minutes earlier?!? pass.

Sounds like me, don't need it, won't pay for it. Got off ship today. Never went to guest services. No tender ports, got 11AM check in time, we drive to port. As chance would have it, and USUALLY does, we had our luggage at our room and fully unpacked before muster drill, so FTTF would have done virtually nothing for me. Much better uses for the money. Carnival created demand out of nothing, for virtually nothing.

How much will you pay to cut a line on vacation? Now ask yourself, do you even know how long the line is?

Got to port 11:05 and dropped luggage, got into parking garage 11:13. Was upstairs in waiting area w zone 12 by 11:35. Walked on to ship slightly before 12:00PM. We did online check in so at the port once we went through security just waited for zone to be called. I can't imagine what FTTF would have done for us. Since we drive in we wait for Miami rush hour to die down (and still hit some traffic); not much I could do to be there before 10:45 anyways. Maybe I'd have gotten on ship 10 minutes earlier?!? pass.

Not everyone has the same priorities when it comes to using the features of FTTF. For us, it is not so much getting onto the ship faster, but being able to get into our room as soon as we board. With DH's mobility issues and the additional carry-ons necessary for his medical needs, I gladly pay for the privilege of access to my room. The other benefits are just a small plus for me. Can we do without it? Yes, but why should we?

Not everyone has the same priorities when it comes to using the features of FTTF. For us, it is not so much getting onto the ship faster, but being able to get into our room as soon as we board. With DH's mobility issues and the additional carry-ons necessary for his medical needs, I gladly pay for the privilege of access to my room. The other benefits are just a small plus for me. Can we do without it? Yes, but why should we?

You should buy it.

I only explained how my situation was similar to OP's and my experiences this week to help them make a decision.

Thanks for all the advice. I didn’t think about the convenience of dropping our carry ons and sodas off at the room instead of dragging them around for a few hours. And I have to admit, I wouldn’t mind getting the stink eye if I did need Guest Services, lol

Remember early boarding time doesn't mean early boarding... Pending on the port and the time you get there you could be in the first line of the first slot or the last.

We just upgraded to a suite on our next cruise so there are a lot of the same perks if not better but we kept our FTTF for... Early access to the Cabin, Luggage and Line at GS. We almost never use the line either but it's great to have if you need something quick or have a question.

Can't go wrong either way really!

This! I bought it for our next Carnival cruise because last time it took forever to get on the ship, even though we had the earliest time slot, and our luggage got to the cabin in the evening later than I would have liked. We are saving ourselves from going through either of these problems next time. Not to mention we will be able to get rid of our carry ons in the cabin instead of lugging them around for a couple of hours.

I purchased FTTF when I first booked my December cruise, but I'm not sure I will need it. I was given an early boarding time, there are no tendered ports, and I rarely go to guest services. I do not have a flight to catch so I do not need priority debarkation. Has anyone ever canceled their FTTF?

Its a waste of $$$.

That is how we feel, we boarded 5 min after fttf and went to lunch and by that time the rooms were ready.

I wouldn't cancel it because I like shorter lines and being able to go to my cabin to drop off carry-ons as soon as I board the ship. If this doesn't sound like a benefit, then it would probably be a waste of money for you. I don't mind paying to skip lines and I have by-passed very long lines using FTTF. Sometimes we travel with carry-ons only and I can actually take my luggage directly to my room and unpack right away. I think everyone's idea of whether or not this is a benefit is different. I think the drink package is a waste of money FOR ME. Other people see a huge benefit with it. Everyone is different.