Unable to check in online on Celebrity website

Cruise Gopher

I have paid final payment and cruise planner online shows 86 days til sailing but I am unable to click on the check in button in the reservation, it is grayed out. Does anyone know why this is or how to get it resolved?

Following is a link to another [relatively recent] Cruise Critic thread addressing the same issue...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2544634

I was finally able to check in. The way I did it was to NOT log in on the website and instead to click the check in button on the homepage and manually type in my reservation number.

It was still very buggy, kicking me out about 4 times but I finally was able to complete it.

I was finally able to check in. The way I did it was to NOT log in on the website and instead to click the check in button on the homepage and manually type in my reservation number.

It was still very buggy, kicking me out about 4 times but I finally was able to complete it.

Something similar happen to me with the cruise planner: if I login with my celebrity account the cruise planner only shows the sailing and if I login with Cruise Booking Number everything is OK the CP shows all the shore excursions, beverage pack and internet already purchased.

It's a BIG BUG in Celebrity site.

About every other day I encounter a problem. Shows an "!" next to my reservations. It then tells me I have to complete my online check in before it will allow me to book transfers. I have gone completely through and all the info is there. First time I printed my Xpress pass, no bar code. Good thing I did it again. Got a bar code this time.

And those who are wondering why I check every day, we were supposed to be going to Ponce, PR, St. Thomas, St. Kitts and are now going to Aruba and Coco Cay. The new itinerary has been out a couple of weeks. Only yesterday did it update where we were going but they still have the old excursions available.

To check in (especially if you booked with a TA) DO NOT LOG INTO YOUR ACCOUNT WITH USER NAME AND PASSWORD! Instead click on Check In in the upper right hand corner next to where you log into your account. Then enter your reservation number, name, ship and sail date and continue through until it says you are 100% complete and then print your Xpress pass. I used either Edge or Chrome. Even though I have completed online check in and printed my Xpress pass, if I log into my account with my user name and password, then click "My Reservations" then "Manage my Reservation" it tells me at the top to complete missing items before checking in and the check in button is inoperative and greyed out. Also, even though the cruise is paid in full and online check in is 100% complete with the Xpress pass printed, if I click "Travel Arrangements" all the buttons on the page for air, hotel, or transfers are inoperative and greyed out, and at the top there is an ! with the message "please complete your booking prior to making travel arrangements!" I get the same messages on a cruise that I also booked for December of next year. I have been working with Celebrity One Touch and IT directly for 5 months now and they still haven't fixed it. It's very aggravating to say the least.

As far as luggage tags, they generally have become available in the past somewhere between 30-45 days prior to the cruise once your E-docs are ready. If you book with a TA the E-docs will be sent by them. If you haven't gotten them by then, and are in the US, call Captains Club and ask to have them mailed.

We don't bother with printing luggage tags anymore. It is easier to grab some at the dock and pop them on there. Bring a roll of clear duck tape if carrying something without a handle.

At which port did you need to bring a roll of tape for packages without a handle?

Guess we have been lucky as the ports where we embarked for Celebrity cruises provided luggage tags with the peel-off sticky backing, so no additional tape was needed.

We could get as many tags as we needed.

At how many days out can the express pass and luggage tags be printed, please? And I read somewhere that X will mail luggage tags if you request. Is that accurate?

Xpress passes can be printed as soon as you complete online check in, which opens 90 days prior to sailing. The luggage tags aren't available until your E-docs are available. Depending on whether you booked directly with Celebrity or a TA, they will be available between 30-45 days before sailing (this is approximate). If you are in the USA, you can request that tags be mailed once you have the E-docs available or print them yourself. There was, prior to the new site launch, a way to order them to be mailed online, however even then you sometimes still had to call and make the request. With the current state of affairs on the website, I'd advise calling once you have your E-docs available and not depend on the site.

Part of your Modern Luxury experience. I do not think they have yet decided whether to keep this aggravation as part of/included in your cruise cost or to break it out and charge extra for it.