Best option for 6 adults

emilyreid09

Hi all, I'm looking for a sailing next Winter for 6 adults.

We originally planned on 3 balcony cabins but I recently found out about family suites and other options. I'm wondering if anyone has booked one of those villas or multi-room suites and if it was enough space and/or a better deal than separate cabins.

If anyone has any info or experience to add I would love to hear it!

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Really kind of depends on how close you are. You could put 6 in a 2BR family suite, but it would be very tight in my opinion. Especially on the newer ships. They’re a little smaller. A garden villa would probably be comfortable, but would cost a small fortune even with 6. Space wise, 3 balcony cabins would probably be my pick unless you’re ok with being on top of each other.

Really kind of depends on how close you are. You could put 6 in a 2BR family suite, but it would be very tight in my opinion. Especially on the newer ships. They’re a little smaller. A garden villa would probably be comfortable, but would cost a small fortune even with 6. Space wise, 3 balcony cabins would probably be my pick unless you’re ok with being on top of each other.

I did see the family suite and the floor plan looked crowded!

Maybe connecting balcony rooms are better for privacy and such.

Hi all, I'm looking for a sailing next Winter for 6 adults.

We originally planned on 3 balcony cabins but I recently found out about family suites and other options. I'm wondering if anyone has booked one of those villas or multi-room suites and if it was enough space and/or a better deal than separate cabins. If anyone has any info or experience to add I would love to hear it! Thank you Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While the villas would be ideal, it will cost mega bucks (they are so expensive, they come with a private limo). Stick with the three balconies. No one wants to be that close during a cruise n

We were recently on the Escape in a 2 bedroom villa. If traveling with another couple the division of the rooms could create an issue if you split the cost. One bedroom has a king and a very nice bathroom. The other bedroom has a pullout with a bunk over the top and a much smaller bathroom. The couch in the sitting area also makes a single bed. It is fine for kids but probably not for 2 couples.

We were recently on the Escape in a 2 bedroom villa. If traveling with another couple the division of the rooms could create an issue if you split the cost. One bedroom has a king and a very nice bathroom. The other bedroom has a pullout with a bunk over the top and a much smaller bathroom. The couch in the sitting area also makes a single bed. It is fine for kids but probably not for 2 couples.

That is an excellent point I never even thought of. Thank you so much!

What about a front facing owner's suite with a connecting balcony and connecting front facing penthouse suite? This option would work great on the Dawn and Jewel class ships.

Then you have the one room without suite perks.

teh Garden Villa gives you three "real" bedrooms. this will also set you back a crazy amount of money, but it is pretty awesome. i saw one on a cabin crawl and envisioned us staying there with two other couples.

teh 2 bedrooms suites give you a "real" bedroom with a king size bed and an awesome bathroom. the other bedroom is a pull out couch with a full size bed and its tinier than an inside cabin. not really fair and equitable.

The two bedroom family suite is amazing for one couple.Loved it! Done it twice. We also invited another couple to join once - but only because the "3rd and 4th guests cruise for free" special was available. The second bedroom is really tiny, with a little closet and small bathroom. They were real troopers, even for free. Not fair if four are splitting the normal cost for four. I'd stick with three balconies.