Would you cancel tours in Barcelona?

Momma Mojito

I do not do tours... but have been to barcelona many times, going again next week. I would think locals know what is going on... you should be okay. We like to stay off the tourist beat.. do things on own... I have no concerns, will take a taxi from the airport to the hilton Diagnonal Mar which is at the opposite end of Barcelona... port is have way between. Looking forward to enjoying a few days in barcelona before boarding the royal.

news.sky.com/.../barcelona-mayor-warns-against-catalonia-independence-declaration-

We will be in Barcelona a couple of days before our Royal Princes's cruise on October 21.

With all the unrest that has been going on in Barcelona would you consider canceling tours

Nope.....

Bob

No way I would cancel tours to Barcelona, don't let the bad guys win. Just be alert to what is going on around you.

The natives are getting a little excited about independence though.

Above all, enjoy.

We won't cancel tours because we never use tours in Barcelona. Its an easy city to get around on your own, using your feet and the subway. As to the current unrest, that is a day to day thing and you will have to deal with the situation on the days you are in town. If there are any kind of demonstrations they are likely to be limited to a small part of town...and you should simply avoid that area. I would compare it to the big demonstrations they had in Athens (a couple of years ago). We were in Athens during some huge demonstrations, but we simply avoided the few blocks around Syntagma Square. There were no problems elsewhere in the city.

Hank

Given the recent tragedy in Las Vegas, are we safe anywhere? If you are going to give up touring in Barcelona than you may as well stay home. If I'm going to spend money on maybe once in a life time cruise to Europe than I'm going to site see and tour unless the ship cancels the port of call. There will always be political unrest some place. As far as I'm concerned you can look in your own backyard (U.S.A) and consider it a unsafe to live here.