Corkage Fee - Corkscrew

brywood

They seem limitless. We normally get 3 bottles of wine as the D+ gift and each one always comes with a corkscrew. On every cruise.

Ahh...the advantages of your higher station in life.:D:D I am still on the 2 bottle plus that odd little split, (though the last couple of times that split was a full bottle..odd..which I guess makes three!) and no cork screws!! Guess they know I carry one on eh?;):cool:

In checked or carry on? We leave tomorrow!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No problem on carry on to the ship...big problem on carry on to your flight.

(TSA will add to their brimming collection :mad:)

I always have one in my carry on (no fights) and an additional one in my checked bag. And never, ever have had the wine key in my carry on given a second glance when checking in at the pier ...no problems.

No problem on carry on to the ship...big problem on carry on to your flight.

(TSA will add to their brimming collection :mad:)

I always have one in my carry on (no fights) and an additional one in my checked bag. And never, ever have had the wine key in my carry on given a second glance when checking in at the pier ...no problems.

I always carry a cork screw in our first aid kit that's in our checked luggage. Mine has the 1.25 inch knife style foil cutter and never had any issues bringing it aboard.

I always carry a cork screw in our first aid kit that's in our checked luggage. Mine has the 1.25 inch knife style foil cutter and never had any issues bringing it aboard.

Now, that is a good place to keep it! After all..it really is good for helping out with medicinal

purposes!! :D

Bach ache? Oh yeah, reach for that glass of wine...cork screw please!

Now, that is a good place to keep it! After all..it really is good for helping out with medicinal

purposes!! :D

Bach ache? Oh yeah, reach for that glass of wine...cork screw please!

Exactly. Always like to be prepared for any type of emergency. :D

No, they charge even without those.

It is a fee to offset the loss of income from you bringing your own wine.

Finally, someone who got it right! It makes perfect sense for the lines to charge corkage fees. Would your local restaurant let you bring your own wine?? Of course not. If your wine is a gift that was sent to your room - no charge and bring the bottle anywhere. If you bring it yourself - corkage fee. All lines charge this fee. Some lines allow you to bring on more wine than others but they all charge. You can drink the wine from glasses (not your own glasses that hold a whole bottle, way too obvious) anywhere but leave your bottles in the stateroom.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just pay the corkage for goodness sakes

Attitude is not appreciated. The reason for my question is that if I have to pay $15.00 for the fee, then I don't see a point in bringing a $10/15 bottle of wine; instead I will bring our more expensive bottles of wine....to me it makes more sense.

We got off Explorer a week ago. When our wine was discovered at the security line, we were directed to a Table and handed a slip of paper about the new policy (they didn't seem to care to check the bottles were unopened or that we didn't have more than two). We asked for and received a corkscrew and glasses from our room steward (too many in fact, and no one took back any of the extras even though they sat out all week). We could have also asked at a bar. My husband did take one of the bottles to Chops out of convenience, and was charged the $15 (in fact, we were warned about it 3 times). With the other one he brought full glasses into dinner.

Attitude is not appreciated. The reason for my question is that if I have to pay $15.00 for the fee, then I don't see a point in bringing a $10/15 bottle of wine; instead I will bring our more expensive bottles of wine....to me it makes more sense.

No attitude. I don’t see it as being any different than a nice restaurant that you bring a nice wine to.

I don’t see the point of bringing cheap wine onboard either. Nice wine absolutely!

I used to like the fact that if I took a bottle of wine to the dining room they would hold it for me until finished. Maybe that is one reason they discontinued it. The corkage fee is not a big deal to me now. It is only a minor inconvenience to me to stop by the room on the way to dinner to pour a glass of wine.

As far as corkscrews go I like to have one with me. I pack the corkscrew in my checked luggage for a flight and put it in my carry on for the cruise. The reason I do that is I don't want to cause a delay going through security at the airport and at the cruise terminal I would rather them take the corkscrew at check in rather then taking the chance my luggage being delayed. So far my corkscrew with a pointed foil cutter has not had a second look at check in.

There are corkscrews without pointed foil cutters if that is a concern.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00480AWS8/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp_3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3171424582&pd_rd_wg=ysEVo&pf_rd_r=ACT8WBPRZEWC9ATCGM4F&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-bottom-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B00480AWS8&pd_rd_w=Ycp44&pf_rd_i=corkscrew+without+foil+cutter&pd_rd_r=bec7b158-b199-11e7-adc6-d31d9f752fd5&ie=UTF8&qid=1508065954&sr=3

I am also a D+ and have yet to have a corkscrew left with the gift wines.

Shak

I used to like the fact that if I took a bottle of wine to the dining room they would hold it for me until finished. Maybe that is one reason they discontinued it. The corkage fee is not a big deal to me now. It is only a minor inconvenience to me to stop by the room on the way to dinner to pour a glass of wine.

As far as corkscrews go I like to have one with me. I pack the corkscrew in my checked luggage for a flight and put it in my carry on for the cruise. The reason I do that is I don't want to cause a delay going through security at the airport and at the cruise terminal I would rather them take the corkscrew at check in rather then taking the chance my luggage being delayed. So far my corkscrew with a pointed foil cutter has not had a second look at check in.

There are corkscrews without pointed foil cutters if that is a concern.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00480AWS8/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvp_3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3171424582&pd_rd_wg=ysEVo&pf_rd_r=ACT8WBPRZEWC9ATCGM4F&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-bottom-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B00480AWS8&pd_rd_w=Ycp44&pf_rd_i=corkscrew+without+foil+cutter&pd_rd_r=bec7b158-b199-11e7-adc6-d31d9f752fd5&ie=UTF8&qid=1508065954&sr=3

I am also a D+ and have yet to have a corkscrew left with the gift wines.

Shak

If you take the bottle into any public area, it is subject to the corkage fee. Corkage fee has nothing to do with removing the cork. Open and drink in your cabin or pour the wine into a glass to take with you.

How about bringing your C & A Gift Bottle into the DA or CA? Not during cocktail hours of course.

How about bringing your C & A Gift Bottle into the DA or CA? Not during cocktail hours of course.

You can take your C&A gift bottle anywhere with no corkage fee. Bottles obtained on the ship (whether purchased or gift) are not subject to the fee.

Also, we had 3 bottles in our stateroom, two from Crown and Anchor, and one from our TA. All 3 had a sticker on them saying they were not to be charged a corkage fee. .

That was our experience last week on Oasis also. I had never seen those stickers before. Luckily I brought my cork screw as the "cheap" RCCL one broke after the first bottle.