So, about those coffee cards on Ebay...

Scrappygrrl

Dang.. I have two of the old brown cards (with the kings or something on it) both has only one punch that was used.

Finally going on a princess cruise in Feb; will I still be able to use it or not.

Yes you can. :) I finally used up mine on my last cruise in January.

Tony

On the Emerald earlier this month, we were in a full suite and are Elite so I tried to trade in the second mini bar set up for two blank coffee cards. Unfortunately they could only provide cards with the current voyage marked on the back so we declined. Room service said that they were strictly forbidden from providing anything else. Since we were going to give them to our friends who were travelling with us on the Emerald in February we even tried to get them to put that voyage number on them but no luck. Not sure if this is a new fleetwide dictate or just one particular to the Emerald but I was disappointed.

It doesn't matter which ship you bought the card on, if it still has unused coffees on there it can be used. My husband and I have done it on a number of cruises.

Trish

It doesn't matter which ship you bought the card on, if it still has unused coffees on there it can be used. My husband and I have done it on a number of cruises.

Trish

Yes I know that the cards can be used on multiple cruises. I have a couple of cards (including an ancient queen of cups card) that I use. But what our friends would have used the cards for is brewed coffee a couple of times a day. If the barristas are checking the back of the older card, they will punch for every cup of brewed coffee ordered. This is a two week cruise and it was conceivable that the cards would have been completely punched before the end of the cruise so we opted not to get them.

• 2 months later...

I was going to buy the coffee card to use for fresh brewed coffee at International Cafe and Cappuccino in the main dining room after dinner. When reading the back of the card here, it looks like it can only be used at International Cafe. Is this so? Has anyone used it for Cappuccino in the main dining room?

Thanks!

I was going to buy the coffee card to use for fresh brewed coffee at International Cafe and Cappuccino in the main dining room after dinner. When reading the back of the card here, it looks like it can only be used at International Cafe. Is this so? Has anyone used it for Cappuccino in the main dining room?

Thanks!

They can be used for specialty coffee in the dining room.

I had one of these all brown cards - blank with nothing written on it and I was grilled on the Royal Princess about where I got it because they have not been used for over a year. I will only buy the new one off of aBay as I finally had to get a supervisor to use it. YMMV - but buyer beware!? No issues ever using a new green trimmed one. I think a crew member was supposed to destroy these old brown ones and managed to sell them to someone who is now selling them on eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I doubt that: Princess introduced the new stock as the old ran out. The design changed but the concept and value did not. Sure the change happened when they altered the menu and increased the price a few years ago, but when presented each card works the same.

The grilling that the one pax got when they presented an old card that was not "validated" with a cruise, I'd guess, points to a break in procedures. When cards are issued, they are supposed to be validated by writing the ship's name and voyage number-- no matter where they are issued: IC or RS (for the mini-bar swap & online pre-purchase.)

Each time I sail, I am given a coffee card. It used to be that were often not validated. However, over the past year they have always been validated.

My theory as to why they've become more strict relates to Princess finding out about the monetization of an Elite Benefit.

what do we look for on ebay? I am not seeing anything there

Several Australians have reported they can't find them. I'm guessing because their website is http://www.ebay.com.au compared to http://www.ebay.com for USA.

I have to wonder if it's worth it after paying international shipping to purchase from the USA site.

I don't drink specialty coffee's and trade my mini bar in for 2 coffee cards and put them on ebay when I have them. I have some unsigned and some signed, depends on the room service whether or not they mark them with the sailing . I clicked on the link posted and it brought up four cards of which one set of 2 brown color ones are the very old style which they discontinued many years ago. I also did a search putting in Princess Cruises Coffee Cards and it brought up the same four listings.

Forgive me for asking (it's been about 5 years since I went on my last Princess cruise and that was my first one) but we're going on the Royal in March and I was wondering if every room comes with the mini-bar that can be exchanged for the coffee card? Or if it was an elite thing? Thanks!

Forgive me for asking (it's been about 5 years since I went on my last Princess cruise and that was my first one) but we're going on the Royal in March and I was wondering if every room comes with the mini-bar that can be exchanged for the coffee card? Or if it was an elite thing? Thanks!

The Elite people get a setup & the whole thing can be traded in for two coffee cards or a bottle of their (terrible) wine.

The Elite people get a setup & the whole thing can be traded in for two coffee cards or a bottle of their (terrible) wine.

Got it. I figured it was an Elite thing since I couldn't imagine Princess giving everyone a free mini bar! Lol. Thank you for the reply :)

It is a perk of the elite tier to get a mini bar which can be traded for 2 coffee cards. If you want to buy a coffee card and can't find one on ebay go to your roll call and ask there if anyone is willing to sell their coffee cards to you onboard.

It is a perk of the elite tier to get a mini bar which can be traded for 2 coffee cards. If you want to buy a coffee card and can't find one on ebay go to your roll call and ask there if anyone is willing to sell their coffee cards to you onboard.

Actually that's not a bad idea. It saves the trouble of advertising on eBay & mailing them.

Nothing for sale right now on eBay. Could be that the interest of late has resulted in sale of supplies and none available right now. Could be that the regular sellers are away. Could be they decided to not sell anymore for a while. All one can do is keep checking. But a good idea above to try the Roll Call and see if anyone has a spare to sell on board.

Maybe its just me but after spending a couple thousand dollars for a cruise I don’t see the value of saving $10 by buying the card on Ebay and maybe/maybe not being able to get a cup of brewed coffee.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Maybe its just me but after spending a couple thousand dollars for a cruise I don’t see the value of saving $10 by buying the card on Ebay and maybe/maybe not being able to get a cup of brewed coffee.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Except my cruise cost $325 and I’m pinching pennies to even go! [emoji173]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums