Reflection westbound TA '17 - Live(ish)

UKPete71

Quick question - do you have the internet package? And if so, how many devices does it support? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can purchase only one pack per cabin, it only supports one device at the time, you need to log off to login in a different device.

You can purchase only one pack per cabin, it only supports one device at the time, you need to log off to login in a different device.

You can purchase multiple packages per cabin. The second package is offered at 50% of the first package.

We have only purchased one and share it between us. If one person is logged in when the other tries it says there is already an active session in place and asks if you want to log that device out so you can log in.

If you want/need to be online at the same time then sharing a package wouldn't work.

The 7 & 9 shows in the Reflection Theatre on Wednesday was Elysium.

ab5eb828246136a7d2671c333197b76f.jpg

After the first show the cast were in the Entertainment Court along with a number of officers. They were all happy to chat and have photos taken. Captain Dimitrios was there and was as popular as ever.

The MDR menus for Wednesday evening.

5a287ac6f09e39d0a92b0351b82dd250.jpg

38786b7f07863057a1631cbd25847d61.jpg

You can purchase multiple packages per cabin. The second package is offered at 50% of the first package.

This is on display in the iLounge.

d64519d86b2146c2555f67c2f6b870cd.jpg

I guess they offer this as many will share one package when they'd rather you spend more and had separate ones.

This is on display in the iLounge.

d64519d86b2146c2555f67c2f6b870cd.jpg

I guess they offer this as many will share one package when they'd rather you spend more and had separate ones.

Thanks, it's the first time I've seen it. An apology for my ignorance in the previous message.:)

Captain Dimitrios didn't give a navigational position during his morning announcement today, saying we didn't need to worry about it as we'd be in Port Everglades tomorrow. Saying that we still have the navigational channel on the TV in the stateroom, and a few screens dotted around the ship showing our position.

9eab9533df16308278be8342eaf6bb12.jpg

The Celebrity Today for Thursday 2nd November.

e1ffe89b76926d7052a4cfa17db4d8d1.jpg

2c81958ae04ca6b5befec7ffe4161125.jpg

582ed79be88c767f68cb8457ce618895.jpg

6135aa5c1e2daad62a42f157636290d4.jpg

In the Reflection Theatre this morning Captain Dimitrios gave a presentation on the secrets of ship navigation.

878e14b7726bdf34bcc7cf63d35b05a9.jpg

After his presentation there was time for a few questions from the audience. The Q&A time was limited as there was another event in the theatre afterwards.

How many formal, er, chic nights? which nights? as far as you can tell, is the select dining still going smoothly? do you notice yourself wanting to eat later because of the time changes? THANKS!

We've had three chic nights. The days are the ones in bold.

b1603aa0eabdff78c1b70a12f9d9a187.jpg

With the time changes -1 hour each time you would want to eat earlier rather than later surely? Anyway, there are plenty of options to graze if you wanted to throughout the day, so we've managed ok. Little and often works for us. Plus we're generally late risers so have gotten to Oceanview Cafe for 'Late Breakfast'. This has meant we've mostly missed lunch there and gone to the Mast Grill mid-afternoon, or grabbed a snack in Oceanview, depending on how we feel. We've had room service a couple of times for breakfast and one afternoon when we wanted a quiet day.

As we wanted a specific waiter for dinner we gave up the reservations for the second week. We are late eaters normally and knew roughly when there would be a table available in the section we wanted. The only issue has been chic nights when the MDR seems to have been busier than other nights.

Had we not been bothered as to who our waiting team were we would have kept the reservations we made and I'm sure we would have been seated around the time we requested, give or take a few minutes.

Thank you Pete - as far as the time change - I obviously have not really wrapped my head around it at this point!:)

Westbound has been a lot easier than Eastbound, which is why we booked another Westbound for next November rather than an Eastbound for April.

The way I described it to someone yesterday, you go to bed at midnight, put the clock back and it's now 11pm. Do the same on an Eastbound and suddenly you're going to bed at 1am. [emoji54]

So Pete, it looks the the west board is a lot easier on the body than going east. I booked the Edge for 2019, but whenever the westbound comes out, I might change it to that.

Thanks for sharing all the information! I know you are most likely sorry that it’s coming to an end...

So Pete, it looks the the west board is a lot easier on the body than going east.

In theory yes, but I found I was waking earlier and earlier on our TA in Oct 2013. Eventually, breakfast was opened earlier, as so many older people were finding that they were waking so much earlier.

In theory yes, but I found I was waking earlier and earlier on our TA in Oct 2013. Eventually, breakfast was opened earlier, as so many older people were finding that they were waking so much earlier.

We prefer eastbound as we only sleep about 6 - 6.5 hours anyway, so gaining hours doesn't work well. Much prefer arriving home fit to go on with life rather than jet lagged. Lol.

So Pete, it looks the the west board is a lot easier on the body than going east. I booked the Edge for 2019, but whenever the westbound comes out, I might change it to that.

Thanks for sharing all the information! I know you are most likely sorry that it’s coming to an end...

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

I can't see how that works. If they open up an hour earlier each day eventually it'll be opening (effectively) at 2am. [emoji54]

Did they then start serving lunch earlier? Put the shows on earlier? Serve dinner mid-afternoon?

Each to their own I guess but I know it's worked better for us westbound compared to the eastbound we did in April. Maybe flying to Miami the day before, thus -5 hours, may have had an impact, but having done both ways close together I know what's best for us.

This afternoon in the theatre there was a variety show which featured both guests and crew.

It began with a flash mob on the stage. They had been practising on the sea days in the Sky Lounge. As the rehearsals had been whilst the progressive golf was taking place I heard CD Pete say it was going to take place before Guests v Officers pool volleyball which was scheduled for yesterday. As we had had some showers I don't know if either event took place so it was good they got to do it at least once.

bfbdcf5d2da42d7f53f1782044277621.jpg

d5028498884e3707574df120eaeceec1.jpg

The crew performances were very good. We had a singing chef, some Latin dancing and a guy playing the balalaika. They were a talented bunch.

04f25ffa706749f95d2990a5bfd49820.jpg

The show finished with some songs from the guest choir.

f7e1f0e6e1566381fb2fd964ef0a6d97.jpg

We missed the evening show. It was billed as a variety show featuring entertainers who had already done a show during the cruise.

The MDR menus for Thursday evening.

49c360db0e61756503123989ded10ee6.jpg

d6762087417fb8ea683327c2221202e5.jpg

Knowing the issues your DH had with the time changes you may well find a westbound will suit him better.

We have a few days in the States before heading home, but it will be sad to leave the ship. Just as we were getting used to the sea days the passed couple have flown by. I blame the delivery of the luggage tags two days ago!

We go to bed with the arrow just off the Florida coast.

1b58bfa7e3beeed78588c345425ca1d4.jpg

We will wake up in Port Everglades.

I feel for the crew. We have spoken to a few and they have calls to their stations starting at 3.15am to prepare for immigration. I also believe there is a ship inspection tomorrow too!

I also believe there is a ship inspection tomorrow too!

— which will include sniffer dogs all over the ship as it’s just returned from Europe!

Thank you for your detailed and lively report, I hope you enjoy your few days in the USA.

We've made it to Port Everglades.

67035ea7934ab40d3a8ab7b9e3421347.jpg

ad144627ef870eb14713d3063eefbb6b.jpg

Self disembarkation started just before 7am. Groups are currently being called by luggage tag number, allowing for a steady flow off of the ship.

034ae1ccf22368f501e6fccdd7a60d6f.jpg

We've another 45 minutes before we're due to be called, so we've time for one last visit to Cafe al Bacio. [emoji41]

120d1abf41f0d240c40801ac0890865f.jpg

I discovered your thread yesterday and binge-read the entire thing last night. I kept thinking – just one more page – but couldn’t stop. So much wonderful information. Great photos. Thank you!

I was wondering if the ship was at full occupancy– and if so, did it ever feel crowded to you.

Also, in which hotel did you stay in Civitavecchia?

We are new to Celebrity, having cruised primarily with Cunard, and are considering the spring TA on the Reflection. We love sea days and want to be in Italy at the beginning of May anyway, so the timing is ideal.

Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into this. As another poster wrote, you should be acknowledged by X for your efforts!

Enjoy your travels in the US and safe journey home.