Reflection westbound TA '17 - Live(ish)

UKPete71

We got off around 10 minutes early this morning as they were calling numbers ahead of the scheduled time we were given. It was a breeze collecting our cases and it didn't take long to pass through immigration.

And so we bid farewell to Reflection. We are booked on her again next August. A couple of crew we spoke to said they expect to still be on board then, whilst a couple of others were unsure.

6cc3a46b065eb8fe97675f87af55fa99.jpg

We ordered a UberXL to get to FLL, sharing it with another couple. Four people, five cases and hand luggage cost less $20 and we gave him a $5 tip. We were at FLL by 9.30am.

We're now sat waiting for our flight to Nashville to continue the next stage of our trip, but the with the cruise ended that's it for the updates.

It's good to read that people have followed along and found it interesting. If you've not done a TA before I hope it's given you a feel of what you could expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got off around 10 minutes early this morning as they were calling numbers ahead of the scheduled time we were given. It was a breeze collecting our cases and it didn't take long to pass through immigration.

Glad to hear this. It’s a lot better than last year’s Reflection TA that ended in Miami. It was sheer chaos. They were running an hour behind schedule and the baggage and immigration lines were a nightmare. Thankfully they had a “secret” unmarked GOES line. Took a shot and asked someone and then pointed me in the direction of an immigration agent. Bingo!

Cheers

Tom

I was wondering if the ship was at full occupancy– and if so, did it ever feel crowded to you.

I believe the ship was full. The only time you may have thought so were at the popular shows in the theatre, but even then I think there were still seats available. Oceanview Cafe was always busy around 12.30-1, but again you could find seats after a few minutes, or you could eat outside of that time. We always found loungers by the pool when we wanted them, and the weather was such you could have been by the pool every day if you had wanted to be.

Also, in which hotel did you stay in Civitavecchia?

We stayed at Hotel Traghetto. It's basic, but it's in a great location. It's close to the port shuttle and an easy walk to local bars and restaurants.

Much thanks, Pete. There is a parallel Freedom TA thread a day, I think, behind you. She wrote they parked behind you in Tenerife. Yeah, I know- "parked" isn't the nautical term but you're on land now.

Between the two threads we are definitely doing this trip when we retire - now we just have to decide on which line. :)

We're in the process of leaving port at the moment. Some lucky people have got to visit the helipad for the sail away.

20ee7155e4250f67e319b9c5ccb82664.jpg

Freedom of the Seas left at 5pm and then we had to wait for a ferry to pass us before we could push away from the pier. With us facing inwards we've had to reverse out and turn around in the port before we head out to sea and on to Cartagena.

The lucky folks were suite guests and a few other special invitees. It was great to be out there.

Wonderful review, we have yet to take a TA. We will sail Reflection in April so will decide then which TA to take for 2019 to get the onboard perks.

Thank you for taking so much time from your trip to keep us all updated.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, what a fabulous morning I have had reading all your posts and admiring your photographs. We have our first Celebrity cruise coming up in February (Solstice, Auckland to Perth - home base for us), and reading threads such as yours really whets our appetites for the Celebrity experience. We've previously cruised with HAL.I think I'll miss the piano bar, but can't wait to experience one of those silent discos.

As others have said, thank you so much for taking the time and effort to allow us to undertake this trip with you. :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
... I'm hoping the delay in to the MDR last night was a one off. We're in Murano tonight so won't know if there are issues again until tomorrow.

Thanks, Pete, for posting a nearly complete set of photos of the fourteen "X" MDR dinner menus in this thread. It appears that a couple of dessert-pages are missing, but only one main page is missing -- the one from your first Sunday night (when you went to Murano). So that this thread could have all fourteen main pages, we searched -- and, believe it or not -- we found the missing one in your April, 2017, eastbound transatlantic thread. For everyone's benefit, here is a link to the post, in that thread, which has photos of the missing main-and-dessert-menu pages: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52904732&postcount=43

We hope to follow in your footsteps, one year after you.