Two nights on Solstice

After diner Mrs Gut decided to put some of that hard earned OBC to good use and bought some stuff meant to get rid of wrinkles, as I said earlier, if sho don’t want wrinkles and gray hair, why’d she marry Gut.

Beats me.

This is where the miracle started.

About ow I discovereD our OBC.

$50 booking (non refundable) and

$16.40 each port fees.

So about $82US for one day, I wouldon’t have pre booked and paid our drinks.

Port fees refunded??

We got the $50OBC but why the refund?

So here’s the first bit of the miracle....

$50US non refundable OBC, Mrs Gut, Face Gunk, only spent $28.:eek::eek:

She mustnt feel well.

So you gave 'em $22 back, I am most disappointed Mr Gut. I never heard of anyone not spending all their OBC before. I already spent mine for 3 cruises next year, on shorex, and more.:(

So you gave 'em $22 back, I am most disappointed Mr Gut. I never heard of anyone not spending all their OBC before. I already spent mine for 3 cruises next year, on shorex, and more.:(

No Uncle Les, herein comes the first miracle Gut was allowed spend $19.99 on a very nice bag that will be hand for carrying briefs to Court.

No Uncle Les, herein comes the first miracle Gut was allowed spend $19.99 on a very nice bag that will be hand for carrying briefs to Court.

Out of all of our cruises, a few thousand of OBC, this is the second time I’ve been permitted to use any of it.

The second miracle was that none of the refundable was use$ and in fact we l3ft $2.01 of the non refundable behind. I’m the bloke who, whenever people ask about leftover OBC says “ haven’t you got a Mrs Gut, mine takes care of it” but :eek: she left $2.01 behind, though all I’ve heard since is “We should have put it through the pokies” for a lifelong non gambler to boot.

We got $1.93. Each port taxes refund

Laughs

Big difference

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were told that it came down to when you booked that port fees had dropped for some (by various amounts) and not for others and that the fluctuating exchange came into it as well.

And of course no shorex on this trip.

No disembarkation questionnaire this cruise.

They were strongly pushing walk off or ask your Steward if you wanted luggage tags.

We just did walk off.

But when we got off I realised I’d taken my cap off at breakfast and left it behind. Bummer.

Sunday morning off for breakfast met some lovely ladies.

One I really liked when she was adamant I was younger than her, Turned out I was near enough to 10 years older than her.

Made my cruise.

I think I have had more enjoyment reading your version of the cruise than the cruise itself[emoji122]

I think I have had more enjoyment reading your version of the cruise than the cruise itself[emoji122]

Thank you.

I think Mrs Gut and I may have been the only ones who actually enjoyed the cruise without getting smashed.

Sure there were issues, but we knew that a two night cruise would be a booze cruise and wanted to try the ship. So effectively went in all eyes open.

Would we do a booze cruise again?

Probably if there was a line/ship we really wanted to try and a great deal.

It still may be that this was our last cruise.

I now know for a fact that without a wheelchair our chances are slim, and that brings with it, its own set of problems. Principally the difficulty getting an accessible cabin, and one that is close to mid ship.

I’ve got a map shot, but am having trouble posting it.

But in effect we sailed to just off Nelson Bay, as we passed Newcastle I wanted to ring Miss Gut and get her to brink Max into Nobbys to wave to us.

Mrs Gut wouldn’t let me.

Thank you.

I think Mrs Gut and I may have been the only ones who actually enjoyed the cruise without getting smashed.

Sure there were issues, but we knew that a two night cruise would be a booze cruise and wanted to try the ship. So effectively went in all eyes open.

Would we do a booze cruise again?

Probably if there was a line/ship we really wanted to try and a great deal.

We didn't get smashed and the cruise was ok for what it was,if we just went balcony and didn't pay the extra for concierge that was non existent we would probably of just said two days is a bit rushed

Sunday morning off for breakfast met some lovely ladies.

One I really liked when she was adamant I was younger than her, Turned out I was near enough to 10 years older than her.

Made my cruise.

So the one you admired most was only 19 then Mr Gut? :halo:;p

Agree, at least there are no drunks, vomit or anti social behaviour on here, yet. :')

Crikey after reading all these posts by you guys re the weekend on Solstice, hard to believe it is the same Celebrity Solstice we were on for 14 days to NZ in 2012, of course it was mostly dinosaurs on that cruise, most in bed by 9pm.

It still may be that this was our last cruise.

I now know for a fact that without a wheelchair our chances are slim, and that brings with it, its own set of problems. Principally the difficulty getting an accessible cabin, and one that is close to mid ship.

Stick with the best cruise line Mr Gut it is called...PRINCESS....Then you can 'Escape Completely and Come Back New.' You can also sing the 'Love Boat.' You know that tune.:')

Stick with the best cruise line Mr Gut it is called...PRINCESS....Then you can 'Escape Completely and Come Back New.' You can also sing the 'Love Boat.' You know that tune.:')

Actually uncle Les it was there delay and putting up obstacles to me getting an accessible cabin that pushed me to the edge of stopping cruising altogether. And all that in the face of a letter from my doctor.

I would still do another "taster cruise" even though I knew that this 2 nighter could not be the same as our previous Solstice experiences. My DD was on Solstice for the first time and really appreciated that I knew the ship well enough to make suggestions that made our weekend great - knowing the easiest way to get between two points on the ship, lunch in AquaSpa on day one (and two) - very peaceful and with lovely view, booking Aqua Class (first time for me) meant we had unlimited use of Persian Gardens - several trips to enjoy that, breakfast and dinner in Blu meant none of that first night chaos that we have come to expect on all lines and staff who knew you after one meal, arriving early for the Hot Glass Show meant getting a seat, taking a drink into the theatre with us avoided the long lines at the bar or trying to attract a rushed waiter, - so my hint for a short cruise is go with someone who has done the ship before or do masses of research even for two nights. And be prepared that others are on a booze cruise - each to his own!!

Agree, at least there are no drunks, vomit or anti social behaviour on here, yet. :')

Crikey after reading all these posts by you guys re the weekend on Solstice, hard to believe it is the same Celebrity Solstice we were on for 14 days to NZ in 2012, of course it was mostly dinosaurs on that cruise, most in bed by 9pm.

Much wider age range this cruise.

For once we didn’t feel like the babies of the passengers.

Should have said had some great staff.

Our Steward was good. As was our Waiter.

But one of the girls who helped me in the Ocean View was a****ng. Now I know it’s her job to help passengers in wheelchairs, and it is a great help, BUT to check on me every time she saw me anywhere on the ship was truly above and beyond. I made sure the Asst Matey D knew all about it.

Hey les.

If princess is a better product than celebrity, we need to cancel our cruise on the solstice to nz. Went on a 26 nighter on the golden last year and we thought it was very ordinary at best.

Just our thoughts.

Cheers bob.

Is that a spare pair of briefs or you just don't wear them to the court but wear them home ??:eek::eek:...is that why your spethial??