This is crazy

Drill2dk

I see it's "Old People Comedy Night" here on Cruise Critic. Heaven forbid someone has an opinion not shared by the cult members on here! Time for all of you comedians to go back to your knitting because M*A*S*H reruns are starting soon!

Now put your binky back in your mouth and go to bed. It's past your bedtime.

You do realize that stock price has absolutely nothing to do with how much money a company has? That is the price that investors pay each other for the shares, not what RCI gets for the share. Each new ship is heavily financed (how would you like a 3/4 of a billion dollar mortgage?).

Thank you for pulling that out of that post!!

I agree they need tourists, and there money. But they need to rebuild there infrastructure, otherwise its going to be nightmare.

But everyone think there going to have fun and party, in place that was devastated is wrong. RCL should let the people heal, rebuild. Why is only rcl going back so soon, while others like NCL is giving to March. Carnival gave its ships to fema and going back until after new year.

How will they rebuild "infrastructure" without money? How will things be a nightmare for tourists?

Carnival chartered one ship. That's it. They are going back earlier than the year.

I assume that each line's pier area was damaged to different degrees, which is how different lines are coming up with different times to go back to day stops or home porting (talking about SJ).

Also...what if I went to Houston? Can I go visit my friend? They were hurt too. Am

I allowed to visit? If yes, why? What's different for you?

I think RC L should give passengers the choice.

In reality RCL would like passengers not to go ashore unless your on one of there tours. Otherwise they want u to drink and spend money on the ship.

You have a choice. You are choosing money over following your heart.

I don't know where you're getting all of this from.

This is crazy the some of you are so mean. Im just trying to state point. Lets see what people say after visit the islands. Its a shame you don't understand other people point of view. The facts are you can't vacation when the place you visiting just had a natural disaster. Lets get together a mission to go and help the islands build. RCL is only cruise to go back so soon.

ONE MONTH AGO!

Okay it's enough of the mob bullying tactics. Wow how cool! You can all gang up on someone that doesn't have your opinion. You've made fun of me and told others that they need to think the way you think...which is quite moronic for most of you. I will not drink the kool-aid that has been prepared by ignoramus bullies. Okay disbelievers the mid-night buffet is ready. Run!! Before all the kool-aid is gone because then you'll have to think on your own and you will definitely hurt yourselves in the process.

This is crazy the some of you are so mean. Im just trying to state point. Lets see what people say after visit the islands. Its a shame you don't understand other people point of view. The facts are you can't vacation when the place you visiting just had a natural disaster. Lets get together a mission to go and help the islands build. RCL is only cruise to go back so soon.

ONE MONTH AGO!

You are entitled to your opinion. Since this is a discussion board, it's likely others will have differing opinions.

But the highlighted statement above is just wrong. That's not a fact at all. If you read my reply on the previous page, you'll see I actually spoke about that very point. There were thousands upon thousands of visitors here in Florida immediately after Irma who were able to vacation here. The whole state didn't shut down, just as these islands shouldn't remain shut down once officials feel they are ready to receive the ships.

ONE MONTH AGO!

Sorry. RCI beat you to it. AoS did relief missions throughout the Caribbean after the hurricane

Im supposed to go on a cruise in the beginning of December. When I did final deposit they had substituted st Martin and Puerto Rico for other islands. Now RCL is saying they will be the first to go back to these ports. I think its horrible, that they would vavaction were so many people are suffering. RCL should be giving money and time for these people to heal. I feel its not cool to be vacationing while people are living without food, power and clean water.

Please call RCL cooperate and tell them this is wrong 305-539-6455.

What ship and sail date are you booked on?

Also....just curious....why is it that all of your posts over the last 18 months have been negative about RC? Is there anything about RC you like?

there is allot I like, I have been on over 30 tcl cruise ships. Go couple times a year. But even if I'm loyal to royal, I think its also okay to call them out. If you think something is wrong saying something to make it better. No cooperation should have absolute power.

Just wanted to point out that Royal spent s lot of money taking ships with supplies to St Martin in the first few weeks. The bottom line is the government of St Martin wants the ships back. They feel they will be ready by mid November. Royal has made trips to the island every week to track progress. I expect Cruisers will find the people very happy to see them because they bring money to spend.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Karen, I've followed your posts for years and you have been one of the nicest posters here, I did notice that you are lll and I wish you all the best to do what you want, If Cruise Critic gives you pleasure, and you can actually help other posters and get pleasure from it by spreading your knowledge.........that's a wonderful thing! :D

My family along with 15 of our "closest" friends will be sailing on the Harmony on Dec 2nd. We LOVE St. Maarten. We cruise every December and always sail an Eastern itinerary. I was thrilled to hear that we may be returning to St Maarten, however, I do have my concerns. From what I read crime is a problem for most of the islands that were devastated by the hurricanes. I want to be supportive and help the locals with my vacation dollars, but safety in a huge concern. Having to discuss touring strategies that have nothing to do with what beach is the best to visit or how long we want to spend at Maho and instead worrying about being safe puts a cloud over our vacation. We want to go to St Maarten, we love the island and the islanders. We were looking forward to seeing Bernard from Bernards Tours again this year and showing the island to our friends/familiy that have never been there.

Bernard is also a wonderful tour guide. We had him years ago before he had his business. Please tell him we knew him when, and have him give a big hello to Gizmo.:D

Have a wonderful cruise and report back on what you did.

We tour with Bernard every December and have for years, we love him! I sadly have not received a reply from him regarding touring for December. I know he weathered the storm OK but I wonder if his business took a hard hit :-( I hope not, he and his crew are great!

We tour with Bernard every December and have for years, we love him! I sadly have not received a reply from him regarding touring for December. I know he weathered the storm OK but I wonder if his business took a hard hit :-( I hope not, he and his crew are great!

Good luck!!:D:D

These ports have been devastated and badly damaged, but that doesn't mean the sun doesn't shine or the ocean doesn't still throw waves onto the beach. Our plan for Feb has always been to go to Orient beach in St Martin. It's a beautiful place, and even if changed, will still be beautiful.

If the many vendors are not fully re-established, there will be many there selling and doing what they can. Even if all they can do is sell me a hot dog off a barbecue and a rum punch out of a cooler, it will taste delicious, and orient Beach will still be there to walk along.

As for fears about security, please. There is not a person on that island who does not want to see happy tourists visiting. They have a well-functioning government, a police force aware of the issues, and citizens who will not be amused if some little creep disrupts the recovering economy. Believe me, the locals want to make sure you are safe and have a lovely time, even more than you do. NTheir future depends on it.

Add me to the group that believes going back to the islands is the right thing to do! Do I think everything will be perfect? Absolutely not. However, I also know that these islands will not be able to recover if the tourists don't return and start spending money.

After reading the entire post, I am inclined to think that the OP simply wants to cancel or change his/her cruise because he/she doesn't think it will be "fun" to go to islands that have been struck by a hurricane. The hope is, in geting enough people to call so he/she can do so for free. As others have mentioned, the cruise contract states they can change or cancel ports at any time. If you purchased "cancel for any reason" insurance, you can cancel your trip without taking a huge loss. Since I'm sure you didn't, you have a choice: go on the cruise or don't. But the campaign to get others to back you up here isn't going to get you anywhere.

Well this came from my friend today this am so get real drill2dk.

Judi,

Hope all is well. Yes we are rebuilding , will take some time but we hanging in there. I would appreciate if you can speak to your friends and help me with some business as this is the time I would really appreciate your help.

Thank You so much,

Best Regards,

Ronnie.

LOL

You've got to be kidding! This is by far my favorite! Judi's friend Ronnie says...

Now, this is a totally true story.

My friend's sister's cousin's neighbor's uncle has a cousin

twice-removed (and this has all been confirmed on Ancestry.com) who

lives on St Maarten. He says the sky is blue today and everyone should come! I received a letter delivered by a courier owl that says everything is fine! Hey, the drinking water may be polluted and the food tainted, beaches not swimmable, but who cares because you're helping!

Also, loving the person who suggests that another, less "RC enthusiastic" poster gather up her children, hit the buffet and then have the fam do some super fun relief work!

Because nothing says vacation quite like strapping a tool belt on and pretending you're a FEMA worker for 4 hours.

This thread is RICH.

Can I get my time back for reading the whole thread? :D

One thing, those advocating not going back keep saying it is wrong to go back after 1 month.

But they are not going for more than 1 more month, more like 6 - 7 weeks. So they will be arriving there well over 2 months after the hurricane.

And if the people and the local government say they are ready now, don't you think in another month plus they will be even more ready???????

Put me in the camp of go back as soon as they are ready, and help support their recovery directly.

But if you decide to donate instead, look CLOSELY at who you donate to. Many well known organizations use all donations for administrative costs and pay the senior management multi hundreds of thousands of dollar salaries.