Fee to add someone to a booking??

lissajeff24

A friend of mine booked a cruise on the Breeze (sail date Feb. 25th 2018) and I am supposed to be added as his roomie when he gets back to town. If the booking is currently just in his name, would there be a fee or cost to add a name or 2nd person? Thanks!!

information provided is too vague.

So answer is going to be vague.

Most likely.

"Most likely" would've been sufficient but thank you. I don't know what other information you would need. He's a single paying for double occupancy so I'm just wondering if Carnival charges some sort of change fee to add the 2nd person to the booking.

"Most likely" would've been sufficient but thank you. I don't know what other information you would need. He's a single paying for double occupancy so I'm just wondering if Carnival charges some sort of change fee to add the 2nd person to the booking.

When I sailed in May 2017 as a solo on NCL, I called and asked IF a 2nd person were to sail with me .... what would the additional cost be? It was only taxes and port fees. I had already paid over 200% as a solo passenger.

Just a note ... CC is not for the faint of heart or feelings. There's nothing wrong, snide or condescending with klfrodo's answer. Did your friend book 2 people, but leave the name off of the reservation? Did your friend book as a solo paying the 200+ % supplement? Were there any restrictions on a promotion this person booked under? Etc, etc,

It depends on whether he booked as solo or as double occupancy with the second person unnamed. It also depends on whether he booked early saver or not. Most likely is the best answer with the information known.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had to add a 3rd person today , but I think the same rules would apply! Any changes,additions or subtractions can be done as long as it's before final payment date. After final payment date there's a $50.00 name change fee and appears to be a fee for all changes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately there is just not enough information in your question for anyone to give a correct answer. If he booked Early Saver then there will be one answer. If he booked past guest fare then the answer will be totally different. Did he book a fare where the second person was to be determined. Your friend is before final payment date so hopefully it will not be a problem, but without all the facts no one can be sure. It may be no added cost, it may be $50, or it may not be allowed at all.

A friend of mine booked a cruise on the Breeze (sail date Feb. 25th 2018) and I am supposed to be added as his roomie when he gets back to town. If the booking is currently just in his name, would there be a fee or cost to add a name or 2nd person? Thanks!!
Come back and ask again when you have more information. Then the people here can give you an accurate answer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I essentially have the same question and can add a few more of (my) details.

I booked a cabin for three of us under Early Saver. The final payment is not yet due (but soon). The cabin has quad occupancy. Can my cousin join us? Other than the port fees and taxes, would there be any additional fees or penalties?

Thanks for your input!

Sandy.

Oh shoot ... I somehow missed some of these replies. It looks like the question has been answered.

Edited by Choose Hope
Because I am as observant as my children <sarcasm>.

I essentially have the same question and can add a few more of (my) details.

I booked a cabin for three of us under Early Saver. The final payment is not yet due (but soon). The cabin has quad occupancy. Can my cousin join us? Other than the port fees and taxes, would there be any additional fees or penalties?

Thanks for your input!

Sandy.

Oh shoot ... I somehow missed some of these replies. It looks like the question has been answered.

I'm pretty sure the 4th person will have to pay a supplement and taxes. Same as the 3rd person.

At the very minimum, every passenger is charged port fees and taxes. So if the friend initially booked double occupancy and paid those for two it should be covered. But a solo booking or any additional passengers added will require a minimum of port fees and taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have a cabin booked ES with our son in it alone. Our PVP told us that there would not be a fee to add a second person to the cabin, but if the fare is higher at that time, we would have to pay the higher fare for that 2nd person as well as whatever taxes & port fees are applicable.

It's kind of late for asking this question. The booking is already made. If you want to go, than you either will have a name change fee, or not depending on how your friend booked, and under what program booked.