Big Carnival announcement tomorrow

drvmywifecrzy

Am I reading the fine print correctly that the deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable?

Yes they are on the Early Saver rates so they would be non-refundable since Carnival charges $50 to make any changes or cancellations on their early saver rate bookings.

Brilliant? Not to me it isnt.

I just don't get the appeal to these so-called offers? You have to pay the remaining balance with any price change anyway, so maybe you get a couple of months off but eventually you have to pay it. We personally never book early saver rates anyway. Would love to actually see a real offer not attached to early saver rates. :rolleyes:

Brilliant? Not to me it isnt.

But just think of all those people that can book now .You know the ones that elbow you to cut in buffet line and try to kick your ass if you get that last roll. :D Even so waiting for the buffet to open you hear ' date='[u']Run Forest Run [/u]!

I just don't get the appeal to these so-called offers? You have to pay the remaining balance with any price change anyway, so maybe you get a couple of months off but eventually you have to pay it. We personally never book early saver rates anyway. Would love to actually see a real offer not attached to early saver rates. :rolleyes:

To me (and just my feelings) if i didnt have the money to pay for the cruise a small deposit would not influence me to book now.

Now if they would have announced a great new itinerary that might be brilliant.

Several months ago now I booked my January 2019 Journey cruise on the Sunshine - the price has only gone up so I haven't had to put in any price changes and pay the extra deposit. Since the cruise is so far off., it's nice to only have a small amount down for such a long period. Especially since I have a few other cruises between now and then.....:D

For me it is a way to go ahead and book the room I want on a cruise in 2019 without locking up a large sum of cash. I am wanting to book a cruise for spring break 2019 for my husband, myself and my 2 daughters. This will allow me to book it for $200 as compared to $1000. Yes I still pay the same price in the long run but since I have 2 cruises between now and then it is important to me to not lock up an extra $800 in cash for well over a year.

Thats the sale $50 deposits!! :o

Thats not a sale, you still have to pay the entire cost of the cruise, a sale is a discount someway shape or form off the price of the cruise, Carnival still gets all their money, no bargain at all....what they think, I stupid!! Its a shame though, because after this weeks cruise on RC, I will be booking up another cruise and it appears it be another RC ship, three in a year, Carnival you better get your act together and make me want to book a Carnival cruise instead of using psychology on me telling me $50 cruise deposits is a bargain when it certainly isn't!

To me (and just my feelings) if i didnt have the money to pay for the cruise a small deposit would not influence me to book now.

Good for you but I think they'll hook a lot of people that don't have the money and don't worry about it as the bill comes much later. Carnival is brilliant

Just a reminder to those that book the $50 early saver offer. The first time you price match to a lower fare, you'll likely have to pay the balance of the usual deposit amount to get the lower fare, any time prior to final payment due date.

Just a reminder to those that book the $50 early saver offer. The first time you price match to a lower fare, you'll likely have to pay the balance of the usual deposit amount to get the lower fare, any time prior to final payment due date.

Yep, that's the sneaky surprise. You can take the $50 deposit, but be ready to push it to $250 pp immediately to REALLY get a sale price.

Yup- happened to me 2 weeks ago on my first price drop. Had to pay 100$ difference to make the deposit & get my fare adjusted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hoping it’s an announcement of an expansion again of their FATHOM branch and assigning one of their ships to it like they did with the Adonia. 😁

There had been hinting lately about the return of Impact Travel back to the Carribean in Dominican and also Jamaica.

Hoping it’s an announcement of an expansion again of their FATHOM branch and assigning one of their ships to it like they did with the Adonia. 😁

There had been hinting lately about the return of Impact Travel back to the Carribean in Dominican and also Jamaica.

Adonia has been sold to Royal Caribbean and will become Azamara Pursuit in April.

Meanwhile, here's an announcement about the atrium on the Carnival Horizon:

https://carnival-news.com/2017/10/25/carnival-horizon-dreamscape-led-atrium-sculpture-to-feature-artwork-created-by-st-jude-childrens-research-hospital-patients/?162d37aa=ab9d5089

That was a major failure. Never understood how they expected cruises to sell for double what they normally would and than spend time in Cuba as unpaid volunteer labor.

That was a major failure. Never understood how they expected cruises to sell for double what they normally would and than spend time in Cuba as unpaid volunteer labor.

The Cuba trips were only tours & visits only, which still continue on other ships. Only the sailings to the Dominican Republic was where the Impacts took place, which sold for less than your typical cruises. The entire inaugural launch was only scheduled to last the length of the 1.5yr charter from the start.

I was on 2 of the sailings (one being the final sailing to the DR) and seeing the positive accumulative results of the “volunteer labor” definitely was not a failure.

The ship charter may have ended, but the experiment introducing a different form of travel definitely opened up future opportunities. Since Carnival corp still carries Fathom as one of its “evolving brands” shows that as a start-up CCL also sees a future in it.

They’ve already began to offer Impact excursions on some of their other brands (ie Princess, Carnival etc)

It may not be something for every “cruiser” but I think it sparked a new form of “traveler” in many. Overall it lacked the broader advertising, however still maintained a high repeat passenger quota per sailing for such a short period of sailings.