Transportation from Boston to Bayonne, NJ ??

You could take an Amtrak from Boston to either NYC or Newark (both are called Penn Station, so be careful when googling).

If you get off at NYC Penn Station, you could then do a short walk from Penn Station to the PATH station at 33rd St. (They're an "avenue" apart, so you'd be outside for a few minutes)

If you get off at Newark, there's a PATH station onsite.

From either, you could then take the PATH to Journal Square, which is in Jersey City. I think that's the closest to the port, but certainly not walking distance. Then taxi/Uber/Lyft to the port...

There are still plenty of bus options from Boston to NYC, including the age old Greyhound.

Otherwise, when you exclude driving or flying...... the train is the only other option. I mean, unless you want to walk :)

I'm taking a cruise out of there in June actually, and am from the Boston area myself. We're flying into EWR, it's a really short flight, non-stop, and the port is fairly close to EWR. We plan to use Uber (or Lyft).

There are still plenty of bus options from Boston to NYC, including the age old Greyhound.

Otherwise, when you exclude driving or flying...... the train is the only other option. I mean, unless you want to walk :)

I'm taking a cruise out of there in June actually, and am from the Boston area myself. We're flying into EWR, it's a really short flight, non-stop, and the port is fairly close to EWR. We plan to use Uber (or Lyft).

Honestly, I've found that flying from PHL to BOS (not EWR) takes almost as much time (or more) as driving, and is certainly more expensive. Some of that is because I live about 45-60 minutes from PHL and the destination I go to near BOS is about 45 minutes from Logan.

I'm not saying this is the same situation for you, but consider my thinking:

Let's suppose I have a 12:00 flight from PHL to BOS. Working backwards, I want to arrive at PHL about 10:00 so that I have time to park, take the bus to the terminal, checkin, etc. I have an hour ride to PHL from home, but I usually add in an extra half hour, just in case of traffic (I imagine going to BOS could be similar)...so I'd leave home about 8:30. The flight from PHL to BOS should be about an hour, so assume its on time and arrives in BOS about 1:00. (Of course, EWR is a little closer). Figure deplaning, getting luggage and a car - minimum of 30 minutes, then another hour driving from Logan to destination. That brings it to about 2:30. So, I left home at 8:30, arrived at destination about 2:30. That's 6 hours...unless I hit traffic (and, granted, that's a big if), I can drive it in about 5 1/2.

Of course its a little different to EWR...shorter flight, but overall drive time would be considerably shorter also. Plus you could drive directly to the port, not have to worry about flying in the day before, etc. Not saying you should definitely drive it, but something to think about...

Driving is enormously variable when you have to go through NYC. In ideal circumstances the drive is 4 hours. However, with traffic conditions, it can go all the way up to 6-8 hours. There is a HUGE variance and literally no way to predict it. For people who drive, you either need to allow for it to take up to 8 hours, or drive in the day before and stay at a hotel (there are some that let you park at the hotel for your cruise as a package deal).

The flight from BOS to EWR is only 1h18m gate to gate, so even the 30 minute drive to BOS plus 2 hours early plus 30 minutes for bag at the other end is about equal to ideal driving conditions. For me, the added cost is worth not dealing with the stress of bumper to bumper traffic and clock watching every time you hit a standstill. If you're able to get the $49 Amtrak tickets (each way) though I'd consider that to save a little. Still takes over 4 hours though.

Driving is enormously variable when you have to go through NYC. In ideal circumstances the drive is 4 hours. However, with traffic conditions, it can go all the way up to 6-8 hours. There is a HUGE variance and literally no way to predict it. For people who drive, you either need to allow for it to take up to 8 hours, or drive in the day before and stay at a hotel (there are some that let you park at the hotel for your cruise as a package deal).

The flight from BOS to EWR is only 1h18m gate to gate, so even the 30 minute drive to BOS plus 2 hours early plus 30 minutes for bag at the other end is about equal to ideal driving conditions. For me, the added cost is worth not dealing with the stress of bumper to bumper traffic and clock watching every time you hit a standstill. If you're able to get the $49 Amtrak tickets (each way) though I'd consider that to save a little. Still takes over 4 hours though.

Won't argue with that...just wanted to point it out in case you haven't done the drive. In my case, when I'm going to Boston, I'll leave home at 5 AM, so I'm able to get thru the George Washington Bridge and the Bronx before it gets bad and I'm in Boston around 11:00, including a breakfast stop. Going back home, I generally do 80/84/Merritt to Tappan Zee, then down 287 in NJ so I miss the entire NYC experience. Timewise seems about the same (but I'll certainly concede that I'm headed toward Philly, not Newark, so the Tappan Zee route makes more sense)

You could take an Amtrak from Boston to either NYC or Newark (both are called Penn Station, so be careful when googling).

If you get off at NYC Penn Station, you could then do a short walk from Penn Station to the PATH station at 33rd St. (They're an "avenue" apart, so you'd be outside for a few minutes)

If you get off at Newark, there's a PATH station onsite.

From either, you could then take the PATH to Journal Square, which is in Jersey City. I think that's the closest to the port, but certainly not walking distance. Then taxi/Uber/Lyft to the port...

No, they don't want to do the Path. They should take the Amtrak to Newark Penn station and take a taxi or Uber to the port.