Is the photo offer email really from NCL?

Peachypooh

I recently got an email from a company that claimed they had my previous cruise photos that I

hadn't purchased and it wasn't too late to get them. But then they asked for all the information

on my cruise. I was hesitant to click on the link even though I think I do want the photos. Anyone know if this

is really from NCL?

I recently got an email from a company that claimed they had my previous cruise photos that I

hadn't purchased and it wasn't too late to get them. But then they asked for all the information

on my cruise. I was hesitant to click on the link even though I think I do want the photos. Anyone know if this

is really from NCL?

Hard to tell without seeing the email. Have you considered calling NCL and asking them?

is really from NCL?

NCL is not the one who does the photos -- an outside contractor does. So it wouldn't be NCL offering them to you. And photos not sold are usually destroyed after the cruise.

That email is probably going to eventually want your. Credit card info or is going to want you to wire them money. And you'll never see the photos.

NCL is not the one who does the photos -- an outside contractor does. So it wouldn't be NCL offering them to you. And photos not sold are usually destroyed after the cruise.

That email is probably going to eventually want your. Credit card info or is going to want you to wire them money. And you'll never see the photos.

Thanks. Very helpful.

Peachypooh, how did the sender even KNOW you had BEEN on a cruise? And don't you wonder how they got YOUR email address?

Seriously? You should read up on phishing techniques, because you sound primed to be a victim of one.

They spam MILLIONS of email addresses. SOME will have BEEN on a cruise. SOME of those might want their prior photos. SOME of that subset might be gullible enough to click through, and pay the deposit or search fee, or whatever the scammers come up with.

If they hit 1% of 1% of 100 million email addresses, for $150 each that's $1.5M in profit.

Stephen

It's good be cautious, but so far I don't see any evidence that this is a scam (it wold be great if the OP gave some more details, name of the company, website, and so on). After all, it sounds like a great idea for making more money off the photos. It costs them next to nothing to save the digital files after each cruise and try to sell them once people get home and start feeling nostalgic about the cruise. A quick search shows that there is quite a lot of demand for this. Of course, if there is a market, there are scammers looking to exploit that market, but not every marketing e-mail you receive is automatically a phishing scam.

Personally, I wouldn't be too concerned about providing details of a past cruise. Really not much they can do with that in terms of identity theft etc. And how else are they going to find your photos? And once they locate your photos and you see them displayed on the screen (with disfiguring watermark), then they obviously do work with NCL. Only then should you consider giving payment info.

They spam MILLIONS of email addresses. SOME will have BEEN on a cruise. SOME of those might want their prior photos. SOME of that subset might be gullible enough to click through, and pay the deposit or search fee, or whatever the scammers come up with.

If they hit 1% of 1% of 100 million email addresses, for $150 each that's $1.5M in profit.

I guess there's a reason Bootman was never suspicious of all those erectile dysfunction pill offers he received.

I wish they would do it this way. I was recently on another cruise line and had no interest in looking at the ship photos at the time. Now I would like to see them and maybe purchase one. If they had given me a card with a website and a code where I had 30 days to view and purchase photos I would do it. What I won't do is spend precious vacation time pouring through pics and haggling over prices and packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since they have TWO pieces of information (email and that they cruised), I am less inclined to think it is "phishing". If they also had your personal name, I would probably trust it.

The next question you might want to ask - where will you display those pictures? The ones we did years ago are in a box in the back of the closet - LOL!

I'm not sure about the email you are referring to and I'm always wary about clicking links sent to me via email. However, you can view and purchase prints of photos from past cruises at http://nclphotos.com/. I was successful at retrieving photos from my cruise last year at this site. I did have issues at first signing in, but their customer service was quick to respond and help me sign in.

I'm not sure about the email you are referring to and I'm always wary about clicking links sent to me via email. However, you can view and purchase prints of photos from past cruises at http://nclphotos.com/. I was successful at retrieving photos from my cruise last year at this site. I did have issues at first signing in, but their customer service was quick to respond and help me sign in.

Did you buy any photos from the site?

is really from NCL?

It is real! you will see the pics that were taken during your cruise. You need to enter the email of the person booked as the primary guest, which is the email address were you got the message. you can order print out of the pics if you want. We get the email everytime. they only ask for your email and last name of the primary guest. do not need any other info.

So just a heads up.... It is a legit site, but apparently they only want people using it who were specifically invited to use it. I was able to get in and access my photos, but emailed them a question and they replied sounding a little annoyed that I'm accessing the site and made it clear it's only for invited participants. This URL probably shouldn't be advertised here.