A few questions about my upcoming Allure Cruise in November

dual

Good Morning Everyone :)

I wondered if you wonderful cruise experts can assist me with a few questions.

Drinks

I have purchased the Deluxe drinks package for myself and for my husband.

Could you please advise, can I get a glass of wine with my dinner in the MDR or any of the speciality restaurants (Giovannis, Central Park etc) without paying extra? Im just a little confused when they keep referring to discounts off bottles of wine when I only want a glass with dinner - Am I only allowed one glass per dinner for myself and one for my husband or do we have to buy a bottle if we want wine with a meal? Problem is hubby drinks red and I drink white and I wouldn't finish a bottle - I'd be awfully ill.

Also, After visiting the gym in the morning or after a deck 5 track walk, I usually get a latte or drinking chocolate, can I get this anywhere on AoS or is it only starbucks that offers this (Im aware I have to pay extra for anything I get in Starbucks). If somewhere else does it, are they good quality?

Lastly on drinks, Is there any coffee making facilities in staterooms at all?

Menus

I'm a pescatarian, does the MDR have a plentiful fish menu available and is fish generally available in the other restaurants include windjammer? I will also eat a vegetarian menu quite happily but I do like a piece of fish with an evening meal

Uber

Has anyone here used Uber to get from Port Everglades back to Miami. Is it an easy pick up, is this the most cost effective way. My Hubby and I have never driven in the USA (we are born and bred Brits!) so would rather not hire a car.

Thanksgiving/Christmas

We will have just missed Thanksgiving, our Cruise is the Sunday after TG. Will the ship have any Christmas decor up. Im sure when I did my last Cruise during thanksgiving on Liberty (I remember buying watches on Black Friday) the Christmas tree was up the day after or am I mistaken?

I tell you I cant wait for this cruise I feel like a kid on Christmas eve!

Thank you so much for your advice.

:)

There are a few wine selections that fit within the limits of the beverage package. You can have as many glasses as your want, your package is unlimited.

You can get a latte at Cafe Promenade and Park Cafe.

If you have a JS or better stateroom, there will be a coffee maker in the stateroom.

Christmas decorations being to appear the day after Thanksgiving.

You can order wine by the glass at the MDR but we usually get a glass at vintages before dinner and take it in with us. This way the wine is with the meal whereas when you order it at the MDR the food sometimes arrived before the wine. You then let the wine waiter know what wine you have and they will top you up when needed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am from the UK and we were on Allure in August. So to answer your question regarding using Uber ...

We used Uber to get from Miami to Fort Lauderdale and back. It was very convenient and easy. I can't remember the cost but it wasn't excessive and the wait is only a few minutes. There are designated pick up points at the airport and the port so best to ask someone for directions.

Members of my family are vegetarian. I have a preference for fish although I eat meat as well. Plenty of choice in the Windjammer. In the main dinning room menu varies but you can speak to the restaurant manager and they could make something special for you if requested in advance. Plus they have a vegetarian curry every night which you have to ask for as it does not appear on the menu. The speciality restaurants are also worth checking out.

Even if you have the Beverage Package, you can pay for a bottle of wine that you prefer to drink in the dining room. Whatever you do not finish, the wine steward of the dining room will put it away for your next dinner. When you get to a Specialty restaurant, alert the waiter that you have a bottle of whatever at the dining room and they will get it brought up to the Specialty Restaurant and on and on. My husband does not drink and I am partial to certain wines so I buy at one dining room or specialty restaurant, and they accompany me wherever I choose to dine.

Good Morning Everyone :)

I wondered if you wonderful cruise experts can assist me with a few questions.

Drinks

I have purchased the Deluxe drinks package for myself and for my husband.

Could you please advise, can I get a glass of wine with my dinner in the MDR or any of the speciality restaurants (Giovannis, Central Park etc) without paying extra? Im just a little confused when they keep referring to discounts off bottles of wine when I only want a glass with dinner - Am I only allowed one glass per dinner for myself and one for my husband or do we have to buy a bottle if we want wine with a meal? Problem is hubby drinks red and I drink white and I wouldn't finish a bottle - I'd be awfully ill.

Also, After visiting the gym in the morning or after a deck 5 track walk, I usually get a latte or drinking chocolate, can I get this anywhere on AoS or is it only starbucks that offers this (Im aware I have to pay extra for anything I get in Starbucks). If somewhere else does it, are they good quality?

Lastly on drinks, Is there any coffee making facilities in staterooms at all?

Menus

I'm a pescatarian, does the MDR have a plentiful fish menu available and is fish generally available in the other restaurants include windjammer? I will also eat a vegetarian menu quite happily but I do like a piece of fish with an evening meal

Uber

Has anyone here used Uber to get from Port Everglades back to Miami. Is it an easy pick up, is this the most cost effective way. My Hubby and I have never driven in the USA (we are born and bred Brits!) so would rather not hire a car.

Thanksgiving/Christmas

We will have just missed Thanksgiving, our Cruise is the Sunday after TG. Will the ship have any Christmas decor up. Im sure when I did my last Cruise during thanksgiving on Liberty (I remember buying watches on Black Friday) the Christmas tree was up the day after or am I mistaken?

I tell you I cant wait for this cruise I feel like a kid on Christmas eve!

Thank you so much for your advice.

:)

Currently returning to Florida on AOS. We dined in the MDR every night but one. I too am a pescatarian and there was one, sometimes 2 fish items on the menu every night.

Not sure about alcohol.

FYI: many people on the ship did not realize that they have a 70s night where you can dress up in your 70s outfit, and a white night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've never found the fish offerings to be great....they will do, but they're nothing to write home about....kind of amazing that seafood isn't the big thing on a cruise ship!

Why? Because you think that they can fish off the side of the ship?

That's a pretty snarky reply. Perhaps they think the seafood might be good because literally every location where the ship gets restocked is on the coast.

They restock in their home ports. They are VERY restricted on where they can take on food supplies.

I see that you haven't been on the boards in four years. You get to know posters and their "quirks", so to speak. Get to know the poster I quoted. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums