Latitude levels

300dtc

Does anyone have any experience with being moved up to a level that you are missing one point? We are currently gold level and need 1 more point for platinum. Our next cruise is a 15 day cruise and would be much more enjoyable at platinum. [emoji16]I was wondering if there is anyone who experienced getting bumped that one point.

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Silver at present 11 points off Gold. Next cruise is a 30 pointer (10 nights, Insider deal, booked a year ago.) this should take us to within six points of Platinum, and then we have 12 nights on the Bliss TA. Sounds great.

We are travelling on both cruises with our daughter and wife. They are Silver but even with the addition of 30 points they will still be Silver as they were grandfathered at the last changing of the points system.

So when we get on Bliss we will be Gold, they will still be Silver, the extra benefits to us are minimal to say the least. As we have booked Bliss as Premium All Inclusive we will all receive water, so that's one benefit down. As we're not US residents we don't get Priority Disembarkation so that's two down. Leaving us Priority Tender booking, although I'm not sure the Tender will be needed, and la piece de resistance, 50% off a bag of laundry. So difference between Silver and Gold is hardly worth having to a European, although I'm sure I've forgotten an extra discount somewhere. Oh for those extra 6 points early, and all the extra benefits Platinum brings.

Never mind we'll get to use them when we've got them.

I think it depends on what level you were at when you booked your previous cruise. When we booked or May cruise on the Star, we were gold & the 14 points (bonus for insider cruise) would have gotten us to Platinum. Then in February, they changed the levels and the cruise would have left us 2 points short.

But when I checked MyNCL after booking our next cruise on-board, we were listed as Platinum, showing the total points still being short and needing 2 extra points to get to Platinum Plus.

I have seen others on CC in the same situation, so it depends on how you got to 1 point short.

I think it depends on what level you were at when you booked your previous cruise. When we booked or May cruise on the Star, we were gold & the 14 points (bonus for insider cruise) would have gotten us to Platinum. Then in February, they changed the levels and the cruise would have left us 2 points short.

But when I checked MyNCL after booking our next cruise on-board, we were listed as Platinum, showing the total points still being short and needing 2 extra points to get to Platinum Plus.

I have seen others on CC in the same situation, so it depends on how you got to 1 point short.

This doesn't make sense. You state you were gold, then needed 2 points to get to platinum plus???

This doesn't make sense. You state you were gold, then needed 2 points to get to platinum plus???
We booked early for an Alaskan cruise which gave us enough points for platinum status. Then the price came down enough that we upgraded but VCP did not tell that by upgrading we would lose the double points so after the fact we find out that we are 1 day short of platinum status. We will never book with that cruise planner again but we still have rewards cert. to use.needless to say we are pretty pissed at Norwegian

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

We booked early for an Alaskan cruise which gave us enough points for platinum status. Then the price came down enough that we upgraded but VCP did not tell that by upgrading we would lose the double points so after the fact we find out that we are 1 day short of platinum status. We will never book with that cruise planner again but we still have rewards cert. to use.needless to say we are pretty pissed at Norwegian

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I would be too that is very wrong and not take care of there customers!! Write a letter

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wish we could, but living in northwest PA makes it hard to get to Florida for a weekend.

Depends on how much you really want to be platinum.

Being platinum means you each get a free bag of laundry. That is a big perk for a long cruise.

I would do whatever I had to to get those extra points.

Does anyone have any experience with being moved up to a level that you are missing one point? We are currently gold level and need 1 more point for platinum. Our next cruise is a 15 day cruise and would be much more enjoyable at platinum. [emoji16]I was wondering if there is anyone who experienced getting bumped that one point.

We got a nice bump!!

Just completed a 14 day Panama transit in a category SE suite. Did not book 6 months in advance.

We have been sitting at 49 points for awhile and were disappointed when they changed platinum requirement from 75 to 80 days since a 14 day suite would have pushed us over 75.

Okay so we booked the 14 day cruise in a suite for 28 points. That put us at 77 points. We bought some cruise next certificates knowing we'd use at least one on a short cruise to get us up to 80 points. When we got home from our 14-day Panama trip, I logged on to NCL and was shocked to see they bumped us to PLATINUM @ 77 points. Thanks NCL :)

~Denise

We got a nice bump!!

Just completed a 14 day Panama transit in a category SE suite. Did not book 6 months in advance.

We have been sitting at 49 points for awhile and were disappointed when they changed platinum requirement from 75 to 80 days since a 14 day suite would have pushed us over 75.

Okay so we booked the 14 day cruise in a suite for 28 points. That put us at 77 points. We bought some cruise next certificates knowing we'd use at least one on a short cruise to get us up to 80 points. When we got home from our 14-day Panama trip, I logged on to NCL and was shocked to see they bumped us to PLATINUM @ 77 points. Thanks NCL :)

~Denise

I doubt you got bumped. You probably booked while the platinum level was still 75 points, and got grandfathered in. That happened to us when we were silver.

Thank you

Never heard of an instance of a free point. If it is really important, consider a 3-day weekend getaway on the Sky out of Miami.

We were gold before the cruise and platinum after the cruise, even though we only had 78 points. What I meant was that we would need 2 extra points in addition to the normal 95 more points to get to platinum plus.

Wish we could, but living in northwest PA makes it hard to get to Florida for a weekend.

Is there some way to book a short cruise that would be b2b with your longer cruise? You're going to be in FL anyway. If the timing works, that might be something to consider. You could take your cruise history and paperwork from the short cruise to the Loyalty Desk onboard the longer cruise and they would adjust your benefits to Platinum for you. Just a thought.

I doubt you got bumped. You probably booked while the platinum level was still 75 points, and got grandfathered in. That happened to us when we were silver.
We booked in late April, 2017. Less than 6 months prior to our October cruise. The platinum levels were changed before that.

I've seen this happen to other posters here and I was pleased that it happened to us as well.

~Denise

I tried to get a few points out of them for my TA in April since I calculated I'd be 4 short of platinum but no dice. I was lucky enough I could book a 4 day cruise on the Sky so I will have exactly the amount I need. Looking forward to all the perks since as you said it will make things much more enjoyable.

Depends on how much you really want to be platinum.

Being platinum means you each get a free bag of laundry. That is a big perk for a long cruise.

I would do whatever I had to to get those extra points.

During their specials one bag of laundry is $20.

Still not as good as free. :) Also there is the dinner for two at Cagney's or LeBistro and the Dinner for two at Moderno or La Cucina.
Oh I agree...free is always better however even with the 2 specialty restaurants added I am not so sure all of that is worth booking a 3-day cruise like someone suggested just to get latitudes upgrade.

Oh I agree...free is always better however even with the 2 specialty restaurants added I am not so sure all of that is worth booking a 3-day cruise like someone suggested just to get latitudes upgrade.

Agreed. My Havana trip was all the stars lining up with the right amount of points and having the time free before starting a new job. :) But I wouldn't have gone out of my way if not for all the factors.